What are his greatest rolls?

what are his greatest rolls?

Is that the old guy from Rogue One?

>rolls
It's roles.

his cinnamon ones

Van Helsing

His segment of the 1972 Tales from the Crypt movie is absolutely heartbreaking. He brought almost too much humanity to his part. to the point where it briefly stops becoming a fun little horror movie and takes a turn for the depressing.

why did RLM bitch about his Rogue One cgi shit so much? I watched the review before I saw the movie, so I expected it to be awful like at the end of episode 3, but really it seemed really well done, if somebody hadn't told me it was an effect i would have thought they just found somebody who looked like him and used makeup.

They consider it disrespectful I suppose.

This.

that segment fucked me up when i was a kid, i cried for hours. the creepy santa in the segment before scared me, but w/e. i dont even think i watched the rest, they took his dogs and then he suicides.

what was my mom thinking

This too with those qt British twins.

OH MY FUCKING GOD, THAT WAS HIM??

That was the saddest segment of a horror anthology ever.

Old man who works at the dump and fixes broken toys and gives them to neighbourhood kids as gifts and lives with his dogs since his wife died is driven to suicide by chad across the road who thinks he's bringing down property values.

I explained the plot to my mum and she was very glad when I told her the guy returns from the dead and rips out chad's heart.

Goddamn I didn't want these feels on Xmas but now I have to go watch it.

he used a lot of his own suffering after his wife died for that role, the picture of his wife in them movie was his real wife too

I don't get why, if that's their reasoning. His family/estate would have to have given the ok for them to use his likeness. If his family is ok with it, a bunch of hack frauds on YouTube shouldn't have much of a say in the matter.

i'd be ok if they'd said something to the effect of "while the effects were good, it was stupid that they did it, they could have easily wrote around having him in the film and i think cgi actors are a dangerous precedent".

but instead they said something along the lines of "cgi tarkin was horribly distracting in every scene he appeared in" which is just flat out untrue.

>Since Helen passed on I can't find anything; the heart, quite simply, has gone out of everything. Time is interminable, the loneliness is almost unbearable and the only thing that keeps me going is the knowledge that my dear Helen and I will be united again some day. To join Helen is my only ambition. You have my permission to publish that... really, you know dear boy, it's all just killing time. Please say that

By far his greatest rolls were his R's. Cushing had the best R-roll in the business. He even added R's to words just to roll them. (Seriously... when he enters in ANH, he says "Theory Imperial Senate will no longer...")

I know you meant 'The' but it's Xmas your joke was fucking genius so we won't dogpile you for it

>hand burns in the leo zodiac sign
nice attention to detail.

his dr frankenstein is easily the best, and talking about hammer films, he is great in ''cash on demand'' as a mean, scrooge type bank manager that has to deal with a bank robbery set at christmas.

I know it's supposed to be "The Imperial Senate..." But he adds the rolled R in the middle of "The," so it sounds like he's saying "Theory Imperial Senate."

>the guy doing his voice in R1 faithfully imitated that

Don't know anything about them - Are the "Hammer films" legitimately good?

I've never seen one, other than in clips from doco's about the history of horror.

It seems like one of these things that people remember pleasantly for all it's tropes but would not be great to sit down by yourself and watch. Maybe if drunk or better yet have it on with friends around so you don't have to pay 100% attention.

>Twins-of-Evil

This Dracula film is the best Dracula film ever made. They steadily get worse, same with their Frankenstein films but they're still worth watching.

I also like Twins of Evil (or The Karnstein Trilogy), The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll, The Gorgon, The Abominable Snowman, The Curse of the Werewolf

>His segment of the 1972 Tales from the Crypt

yeah that was fucking great

he was great in everything 2bh

>His segment of the 1972 Tales from the Crypt movie is absolutely heartbreaking.

He plays a sad part in "Asylum" too, trying to bring his dead son back to life (and getting himself killed in the process).

>The Gorgon

Yeah he was good in that one

What about The Mummy? Him and Lee were incredible in that one, particularly Lee as the Mummy (creepy as fuck). Probably my fave Hammer horror.

not even an actual cross, it shouldn't mean anything to him. much less harm him.

The first movie I ever saw him in was as the RAF commander in Biggles. Think it might've been his final movie as well.

Pretty much everything he ever did with hammer was great even if the movie itself was not.

are you fucking retarded??

Never return.

Rogue One