Aphex, Burial, and Daft Punk are literally better than all /bleep/ music...

Aphex, Burial, and Daft Punk are literally better than all /bleep/ music. It doesn't matter if it came out in 1988 or 2018. EDM is still EDM aka shit. They transcend the genre unlike the rest.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/pan_hq/m-e-s-h-mimic-pan-82
youtube.com/watch?v=CaDA_eUIDYE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/bleep/ in 20 years will be nerds circlejerking tiesto and marshmello

That's literally what they are today. There's no difference between music made by people like jeff mills, ricardo villalobos, and underground resistance 10, 20, 30 years ago and EDM today like Tiesto, Marshmello, Martin Garrix, Monstercat shit

>Burial
yes

>Aphex, Daft Punk
nah. Aphex Twin's music is quantity over quality and as such he has only made a handful of incredible tunes amidst a great swathe of shit tracks through which one must wade in order to find them. If that's not the mark of a sub-par musician I don't know what is. Daft Punk made snappy music and are admittedly better than Aphex, but more than half of it is pop trash and most of the tracks that weren't hit singles have been forgotten, most likely because they were mastered like shit. I'd be willing to bet that most people on here don't know any tunes by them that aren't their hits anyway.

Burial can effectively be classed as a God of music at this point. His music operates in an entirely different sonic dimension to anything else out there and is the only artist whose music truly speaks for itself without the need for some kind of kooky, eclectic imagery to back it up.

>There's no difference between music made by people like jeff mills, ricardo villalobos, and underground resistance 10, 20, 30 years ago and EDM today like Tiesto, Marshmello, Martin Garrix, Monstercat shit
...please refrain from posting until you've sorted out your irredeemable lack of self-awareness.

How entry level do you have to be to actually think Daft Punk are good? Maybe finish middle school before you post again.

I agree, but to me growing up with my cousins playing it and shit, I still have a liking for guys like deadmau5 just the hardcore skrillex stuff is a disgrace

Burials music is so singular. Like there's no obvious reference points or influences. It's just 100% unique.

Sup Forums is the fucking worst for electronic music discussion I swear.

Most discussion boards are I fail to find one that doesn't become people only worshipping one guy or shitting on people now

>Burial
>Daft Punk
>good

I find the more I learn about a genre, the more I realize Sup Forums knows precisely fuck all about it but likes meming the same 4 albums from it over and over

t. Bleep faggot who listens to skrillex

Its mostly just pictures that they are meming, I keep coming back to this thread just in hope of it picking up some traction

Most of those are prone to educating themselves though, Sup Forums takes pride in it's ignorance and justifies it's lack of knowledge with ironic shitposting.

Why

Just have nothing to do but listen to music and just this gleam of hope
Yeah I agree, but I would like to have a decent argument or conversation on music about the sound and such as one would do at times with movies

What artists does /bleep/ even listen to?

aphex is the most non-pretentious artist I know. He could def make music like stockhausen or autechre, but he doesn't for the sole reason that he thinks it's too cold and calculated. Squarepusher has said the same about autechre, but here they are, pretentious nerds circlejerking about literal bleep bloops without any emotion. That's why aphex will generally be liked, and autechre will be considered 'patrician' ie pretended to be liked. I'm not talking about their early stuff, cause amber was full of emotion, but after that it became really stale.

no way anyone actually believes this

soundcloud.com/pan_hq/m-e-s-h-mimic-pan-82
>implying L.I.E.S, PAN, and Tri-Angle haven't been releasing more interesting work than those three lately

derivative techno artists. boring.

french house is good

it really is. Industrial too

richard loves stocky though

Name some interesting ones

Stocky hated richard tho

> this is boring
how?
youtube.com/watch?v=CaDA_eUIDYE

>techno
Uhhh, none of those are techno labels.