Is die hard a Christmas movie?

Is die hard a Christmas movie?

I say no

you put a lot of brain power into this thread, didn't you?

No, but Lethal Weapon is.

It doesn't have Christmas themes but it is always played around the holidays.

fuck off dogpizza

Die Hard is a dual miracle.

It's both the best action film of all-time and the best CHRISTMAS film of all-time.

Theo, it's a time for miracles.

Are Gremlins and Batman Returns Christmas movies?

You asked for a miracle...I give you the F....B....EYE

>tfw you know what a tv dinner feels like

See, these people know what it's about

Christmas elements but no Christmas themes/story lines

No because it doesn't have a scene where the wacky dad falls off the roof after trying to put up lights and lands in the bushes, cutting away to a child slapping their forehead in embarrassment but no apparent concern over their father's well-being
That's what "christmas movie" means

Did Hans really need to hit it again?

YIPEE KAYAY MR FALCONNNN

why is that chimney sideways?

How did the C4 explode from just the blasting caps? Dont you need a power source to trigger the blasting caps so that they set off the C4?

Asking for a friend

>he hasn't seen the director's cut

Is the The Thing a Christmas movie? It takes place during the first week of winter...

Well, the explosion would have turned everyone inside the vehicle to mush, but there's a chance that the engine was still running and in gear.

Hitting it again would most-likely have reduced the chances of that to zero.

Source: my ass

>My favorite Christmas movie? Why, it's Die Hard/Lethal Weapon of course!
>I'll be attending film school in the Fall... I hope to be the next Tarantino.

I say no. it happens at Christmas but it's not actually related to Christmas at all.

basically what said

What was the escape plan? Was blowing the roof misdirection....or revenge incase the fbi pulled the bitch they did....

Once the roof was blown....how was hans and company going to escape with 100 million in bearer bonds....(fuck the vault scene gets my dick diamonds)

Well I hope that works out for you, how much will that school cost?

Actually just saw Die Hard for the first time since I was in high school. Virtually forgot everything from it apart a few key scenes.

Yes, it's a Christmas movie when it comes to the theme, the setting and the soundtrack. I was really surprised with how much Christmas time kept being remembered throughout the whole movie to a point where it wasn't anecdotal.

I think the plan was to blow the roof with the hostages, causing a mass disturbance among the police and the media. Then, escaping trough the parking lot with an ambulance they had and drive off without being recognized.

The movie deals with the theme of redemption, common in Christmas. McClane redeems himself in the eyes of his estranged wife, and is recognized as being a hero. All redeems himself by shooting the terrorist at the end, redeeming himself for the accident that he experienced.

name 10 movies where this happens

For me, it's Die Hard. Watching some depressed cartoon complain about holidays while being surrounded by friends or watching some old claymations about snowmen and reindeer is kid stuff. Die Hard is for men.

Christmas movies are also really big in reunion between estranged people and forming new bonds. Here, John got to be reunited with his family and renew his marriage while getting himself new friends (Al, Argyle). In the end, it is implied they are all gonna celebrate Christmas together.

Nope, it technically takes place on the eve or day, I forget, but the only people who consider it a christmas movie are the same people who say "you know nobody ever said 'beam me up scotty' in star trek"
the people who think they're interesting because they can repeat things they read online

nope, a christmas movie must be inextricably linked to christmas, die hard could have taken place any day of the year and been the same movie

Was the black driver punching the black nerd terrorist commentary on field niggers vs house niggers?

inb4 "but that's why everybody was out of the building!"
bullcrap, there's other holidays.

did you miss the part with the ambulance? the ambulance was the escape plan

>No, but Lethal Weapon is.

They both are actually. But LW has far less Christmas elements than Die Hard does.

Wrong

>takes place all on christmas eve/christmas morning
>christmas party
>contsant christmas references
>christmas music

Nobody has a problem calling Home Alone a Christmas movie and this has just as much a right to be one as that does.

>die hard could have taken place any day of the year and been the same movie

It really couldn't have. You still could have had a badass action movie but a lot of shit would have to be changed and the movie would lose a lot of it's quality.

>home alone
but santa brings his family back and resolves the movie.

The Hateful Eight is a christmas movie

Die hard has as much mention of Christmas as "Its a Wonderful Life", yet its not considered a christmas movie while the latter is

It is a little hot and dirty, but a computer monitor, a CRT, has capacitors (I think that's what they're called) in it that can hold charge. There is no reason to think that just throwing a monitor and a block of C4 down a hole will set the explosives off, but it's a wacky Christmas movie, so you can just wave that off.

>Wrong

You're only saying that becuase Lethal Weapon starts with Jingle Bell Rock.

It's A Wonderful Life only became a Christmas classic due to television executives memeing it into one.

not him, but Die Hard really does incorporate Christmas into it's plot a lot more than Lethal Weapon does.

That being said I don't consider them christmas films

Shit you're right. Plus Home Alone has John Candy. That man exudes the Christmas spirit like no other

Christmas theme yes but overall filled with vile terrorist takeover but in the end the good guys win Gurber didn't end up on a beach earning 20%

Except contemplating suicide on christmas eve is something most people actually do at some point in their lives. None of us will be trapped in a skyscraper with terrorists.

Not just Xmas movies, but Xmas Kino.

Why dat hell not !?

>the people who think they're interesting because they can repeat things they read online
Motherfucker Die Hard has been an Xmas Eve staple in my family for decades.

>tfw no one ever acknowledges die hard 2 as xmas kino

It has very few elements of a Christmas, but plebtricians valorize it as "the best Christmas movie ever" so they can appear and think of themselves as more interesting than people who like Elf

Is Home Alone a Christmas movie?

It's the only TRUE Chrismas movie

My dad was asking me today if Die Hard 2 was the one where "it was snowing and he was stuck in Chicago?" I assume Dennis Franz threw him off.

Die Hard 2 would be better if there was a better villain. I like that one guy, and I appreciate his naked karate, but I think for most people, he was a pretty forgettable villain. Obviously Hans is a tough act to follow, but I think they could have done better, because otherwise, it's a pretty good movie. I think as far as Hollywood sequels go, it wasn't a bad attempt.

Does this suggest that john is more than some beat cop. I mean he knows how to work with c4 explosives, shoot mp5 submachine guns and spot fake ids being used by pretty crafty terrorists.

>i have never seen Elf

And refuse too....fuck that shit.

I liked the John Amos being a villain twist in Die Hard 2. There's a lot of plot holes in the first two sequels if you start breaking them down, but they're still extremely enjoyable films.

I suspect he might be a bar tender.

Yes

The world will never know, as it's the most personal kind of battle for a black person.

That's like saying Eyes Wide Shut is a Christmas movie because it takes place on Christmas weekend.

>california is cancer incarnate
Color me shocked.

Or a cook (on a Navy ship that is)

>He doesn't think Eyes Wide Shut is a christmas movie

I know this is bait but you still got me.