ITT: "Villains" who did nothing wrong. According to Sup Forums, anyway

ITT: "Villains" who did nothing wrong. According to Sup Forums, anyway

Seriously though, what is this boards obsession with sucking this guys dick? How does the existence of TFA, no matter how shitty you think it is or may actually be, suddenly justify JAR-JAR FUCKING BINKS!?

> he doesnt kbow about darth jar jar

He's literally /ourguy/

Jar Jar is more creative and original than anything in TFA. Prove me wrong.

No one is sucking his dick or saying the prequels arent shit, I really hate this meme. People are just saying they were shit but not to the extent of RO or TFA because they weren't entirely soulless cash grabs.

Oh, I am very much aware of Darth Jar-jar, I just don't think it's likely to be true at all. If it was then Georgie boy would have outright revealed it in ROTS, and don't give me that crap of "but he had to scrap it because everyone hated Jar-Jar". Wouldn't everyone hating Jar-Jar just be part of this "plan"? Why in the middle of his great Hideo Kojima level ruse cruise would Lucas go "Oh noes, my plan to make everyone hate this character made everyone hate this character! WE MUST SCRAP THE ENTIRE THIRD MOVIE SCRIPT AND REPLACE IT WITH SOME SHIT ABOUT THE MAIN CHARACTER KILLING CHILDREN!"?

Sup Forums literally can't operate without being contrarian

>It's a meme, you dip

Anyway, i like me some good cringe/hate trips once in a while. And you can derive a lot of that from star wars (all of it, not only the prequels are shit). The same kind of pleasure of poking a festering wound

it's just spiteful contrarianism
the same thing that got donald elected president

Sup Forums has always liked the prequels because the prequels at least made effort to be original and ad some generally good qualities.

Honestly this is genius. He wanted this particular type of stupid and by God we got that particular type of stupid.

he realized modern audiences were not ready for the darth jar jar reveal.

>flash gordon & dune rip offs
>original

>Sup Forums has always liked the prequels
speak for yourself you cunt

The prequels were a genuine attempt at being original. Every new SW movie is 100% nostalgia pandering and recycled ideas.

Even Lucas wasn't retarded enough to re-use the Death Star a 3rd time.

He created Star Wars.

>The prequels were a genuine attempt at being original.

By recycling everything from the OT.

Yeah I'm so glad Lucas didn't pander to the OT by shoving in unnecessary fanservice, like having an army of Boba Fetts or Chewbacca fighting with Yoda in a completely inconsequential battle or using Tatooine in every installment or having Anakin build C-3PO or having the Queen praise R2D2 for doing what it was programmed to do or anything.

Having lightsabers and starships doesn't mean they recycled everything, user.

>Lucas pandered to the OT

I guess that's why OT fans hated those movies so much.

Not the plot and it could've been way worse. Hell, Phantom Menace is Stormtrooper free. X-wing analogies don't show up unitl ep.III. Podracing was new, Jedi council, Mace Dindu, even Gungans as awful they were.

TFA is far worse in this regard.

negro the post above yours lists a fraction of the shit lucas recycled for the PT.

>the PT could've been worse

No, it really could not have been.

Congrats on not actually refuting the comment, user.

>implying any of that shit was pandering

Congrats on not actually refuting my comment, user.

Remember when Episode 1 was about a young country boy realizing his powers and striking a blow to the oppressive galactic regime? Remember when Episode 1 had tie fighters, stormtroopers, and X-wings? Remember the trench run in Episode 1?

Fanservice shit is not comparable to literally lifting the entire plot from the OT.

It's a handful of vocal contrarians, most of Sup Forums mocks Jorje non-stop.

Good thing I never mentioned TFA then.

Episode VII being shit does not excuse the prequels from being shit

>Remember when Episode 1 was about a young country boy realizing his powers and striking a blow to the oppressive galactic regime?

... uh, yes?

>a young country boy realizing his powers
Anakin's entire role in the movie is to get discovered by Qui-Gon so he can become a Jedi.
>and striking a blow to the oppressive galactic regime?
Replace galactic regime with Trade Federation.
>Remember the trench run in Episode 1?
That was pretty much what Anakin did to the main Trade Federation ship, he hit the reactor and blew up the thing and saved the day.

P O E T R Y

>a handful
speaking about yourself i see.

I see way more satirical memes about George than I see praise of George. It's the vast majority of the board.

>The prequels were a genuine attempt at being original

People who hold the prequels in high regard or make idiotic statements like these are the people that have seen the movies a few times, maybe watched the cartoon shows or played the video games and never gave them another thought. The more you read about the prequels, how and why they were made, how Lucas operated, and the kinds of decisions that were being made from the top down the more and more you start to hate these films and Lucas.

The entire reason "ring theory" is even a thing is because Lucas lifted whole story beats and scenes wholesale from the OT and bolted them into the prequels due to lazy storytelling and he figured he could create some easy thematic bridges between the two series. It isn't inventive, it isn't clever, and it certainly isn't original.

Disney is banking heavily on nostalgia but Rogue One is easily the most original "story" in the entire fucking series. "A ragtag group of rebels have to steal the plans to the empire's latest superweapon, an opportunity given to them by the father of the main character, a man that built a flaw into the weapon to give the fledgling rebellion a slim chance to keep the galaxy from forever falling under the shadow of this unstoppable power." Rogue One doesn't have a heroes journey, it doesn't follow the same story beats of any of the OT films, and aside from lots of imagery fitting to a movie that takes place closer to Episode IV than Episode V was it isn't stealing all that much from those old movies. It would be like complaining that a WWII movie set in 1941 has ships, planes, tanks, and uniforms from a WWII movie set in 1942.

>Sup Forums

>Disney is banking heavily on nostalgia but Rogue One is easily the most original "story" in the entire fucking series.

Not that that matters though because the movie has no fucking soul to speak of.

Neither did the prequels. And considering this soullessness has happened twice with disney, it might be something fundamental they're misunderstanding about the popularity of the series.

He's a talentless hack who can't write believable characters or natural dialogue.

He also can't write cohesive movie scripts. He writes scene by scene with nothing to connect them together.

He's basically a terrible sketch writer.

>neither did the prequels

More soul than nuWars

>Seriously though, what is this boards obsession with sucking this guys dick?

It's just the same group of people that have made identity politics their hobby of choice. The new Star Wars movies use diversity and being modern as selling points and these people loathe that kind of "social engineering" in anything, games, tv, movies, books, comics, etc... So they invented this notion that Lucas is a good old patriarch who used brown people sparingly and kept the stories focused on white dudes for the purpose of preserving american culture when in fact he married a black woman, made "the first" all-black movie in Red Tails and wasn't shy at all about shoving black people everywhere he could in star wars after the first one.

They're just fighting the good 'ol fight against liberals by taking it to these well executed, if safe star wars films because they don't like Disney's politics. It's why so many of these arguments are so focused on shit like "how can this 110lb girl fight storm troopers" "why are all the bad guys white males" "why are there blacks everywhere" etc... You don't get a lot of arguments about Rogue One being shit on the grounds of its story or setting or cinematography or acting, you mostly just get culture war nonsense.

As far as pandering and stealing goes, yes, it could. TFA is a glaring example.

>Everything I don't like comes from the same group of people I don't like

Define a movie "soul" please

Your perception of "soul" in the prequels is simply nostalgia.

Not what I'm saying but feel free to get frumpy about the strawman you're erecting.

>You don't get a lot of arguments about Rogue One being shit on the grounds of its story or setting or cinematography or acting, you mostly just get culture war nonsense.

That's because most of us are too smart to give the mouse money and the RIP isn't out yet.

that's not what he said
also it's not worse than TFA unless you're being contrarian
at least TFA tried to have the shit make sense, instead of it just being crammed in the way george did
he literally took a hammer to a square peg to make it fit in a round hole, at least jewjew had the decency to try and whittle the thing down

A movie that actually makes you feel things besides boredom and frustration. When something is sad you feel sad, when someone that you're supposed to care about dies you feel sad.

Still more soul than nuWars. The prequels actually had a couple of good moments, which is better than zero.

my post diverged from my initial point but whatever
im retarded

A movie with soul is a movie made by people who wanted to make a good movie. A movie without soul is a movie made to milk nostalgiabux off retards by shoving the Death Star and Darth Vader and all the old characters in to sell Funko Pop figures and have this month's Lootcrates have a Star Wars theme.

>A movie that actually makes you feel things besides boredom and frustration. When something is sad you feel sad, when someone that you're supposed to care about dies you feel sad.

So it's something that is wholly subjective, got it. I've seen people tear up at fucking hammy shit performances in Fast & Furious movies, a movie connecting with an audience isn't something that can be determined in an objective quality. Some people honestly love the romance going on in Episode II, good on them it did jack shit for me. Does that mean that Episode II doesn't have a soul because I personally didn't connect with it?

I've got plenty of other shit to throw at the prequels besides something as nebulous as "the soul of the movie".

>Not what I'm saying

It is, you're just too self-absorbed to realize it.

user you'd have to be pretty willfully blind to not see the constant bitching about how new Star Wars is an attack on white people that goes on here. I personally don't have a dog in this fight, I don't give a rats ass about identity politics and I don't have strong feelings about Star Wars one way or the other, but the source of this bitching is clear as fucking day.

because it is older and their nostalgia forces them to think everything that is from their childhood is amazing and everything now is shit and different.

George Lucas is honestly and unironically one of the most alpha men in the world.

For such a short fat little man he dominates every interview and comes across as a complete g. He doesn't take himself too seriously and does his films for himself.

Contain your autism, user.

>you'd have to be pretty willfully blind to not see the constant bitching about how new Star Wars is an attack on white people that goes on here

You'd have to be pretty stupid to consider insanity worthy of consideration.

Ignoring insane people got Trump Elected.

No, dems failing to energize any new voters by propping up clinton as the most boring woman on the planet got trump elected.

Also underestimating how appealing honest corruption is after decades of dishonest corruption.

Nope.

Having a fundamentally unlikeable candidate and an electorate that are completely fed up with politicians and their bullshit is what got Trump elected.

Trump should NEVER have stood a chance in the real world. But in a world that can't go a single fucking day without some political scandal happening somewhere?

And people have the temerity to complain that their politician of choice never got elected? They're all corrupt self serving narcissists, but at least Trump doesn't pretend otherwise.