The Evolution of Ridley Scott's Prometheus Sequel

Ridley 3 years ago:
>The sequel will not feature aliens
>The sequel will be called "Prometheus: Paradise" (or simply Paradise) and be about the survivors at the end of Prometheus finding out more about how the humans were created

Ridley a year ago:
>The sequel will feature aliens and will be called Alien: Covenant

You people whining and winging that Prometheus had no Aliens in it made Ridley completely change the script for his Prometheus sequel and now he has given us a generic "run from Aliens" movie.

Not to mention that this new version of the film would have been entierely rushed and so true love and care probably wasn't put into it.

Say what you will about Prometheus but Ridley poured his heart and soul to give us something entirely different and now instead he has dumbed this sequel down because whiners couldn't get enough of "MUH ALIENS" and nostalgia.

Well done internet. I suppose all the spoilers in the trailer were a big "Fuck you" to the version that we will never get to see.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/umPp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People didn't hate and complain about Prometheus because it was different

They complained because it's retarded and made no fucking sense

Covenant looks like a remake trash

Wasn't the script for Prometheus changed last minute by that Lost dork?

it's very likely that the sequel went in this direction because noomi didn't want to do it, supposedly because she did NOT like working with fassbender, and so she was downsized to basically a cameo. this would necessitate ditching her story arc, which means basically starting over

we do know that ridley has plans for 2 sequels to bridge between covenant and alien 79, and it seems that the space jockey in alien '79 is actually an engineer (type "space jockey" in at www.alienmovies.com), and walter is trapped on Paradise so who knows. maybe prometheus 2 and the answers it was supposed to contain have become this massive 3-part story.

But the awfulness of Prometheus had nothing to do with its lack of xenomorphs

>Say what you will about Prometheus but Ridley poured his heart and soul to give us something entirely different

Except that Prometheus was still about the same company that was still trying to do stupid shit with aliens

And except for the part that had the exact same alien ship from the first movie

And except for the fact that the entire marketing surrounding the movie was meant to evoke the original Alien film especially with the earliest trailer and how it was cut in the same manner as the first film's trailer

So pretty much you're just a faggot

Fuck. This. Shit.

I want my Blomkamp movie

With Weaver

>tries to ride off the Alien name by saying Prometheus is a prequel instead of making an original movir
>film has nothing to do with Alien

The guy was a sellout hack way before this film, at least now he's giving the fans what they want instead of pretending to have some credibility.

So, it's out fault this fucking hack is a spineless cocksucker? Cry more, bitch!

don't forget that they said prometheus wasn't actually an alien prequel and were very wish-washy about whether it took place in the same universe or not. seems they decided to drop that ruse and slap the "alien" brand on as soon as they could

fuck you too

go play that shitty colonial marines game if you wanna be retarded

you know band role did this, right?

>ridley wants to explore the spacejokeys, humanity, creation of life
>pitches to studios
>BUT MUH ALIENS
>forced to change script because of some marketing yahoos

it made perfect sense

Fucyvyou too double retard

Alien Isolation was superior. And the Blomkamp movie will do a new continuity from Aliens.

I never asked for more aliens, I'm done with those fuckers, I wanted to watch Girl with the dragoon tattoo and robot, traveling the unknown space in an alien spaceship.

>Fuck you, Ridley! Prometheus is le worst movie evar!
>Ok, I will make for you a straightforward Alien movie.
>HAHA I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FELL FOR MY RUSE YOU SPINELESS DICKTOUCHER

>And the Blomkamp movie will do a new continuity from Aliens.

which is a goddamn stupid thing to do and exactly what colonial marines attempted, sans weaver's inclusion

it screams pandering and not being able to deal with loss. Also it diminishes the vibe of that bleak, corporate universe which worked so effectively until retards try to make it into some spielbergian shitfest

No, fuck you.

>You people whining and winging that Prometheus had no Aliens in it

This is being said all over the internet but literally no one complained about this

Underage detected.
Write your own fanfic, faggot.

dunno if this is just cannon

I just hope they don't try to create an alien cinematic universe.

It literally just looks like Prometheus, beat for beat except instead of a wild murderous engineer we have a Xenomorph to deal with this time.

Ridley is a hack.

too late

blommkamp's film is next

The only reason it's called Alyium is because the xenomorph is back. It's 'Prometheus' in everything else.

fag

No, I don't want this.

not sure what you're trying to say here

i think the website is literally brand new

that screenshot is from the very end of the trailer video as hosted on Fox's youtube channel

ok nvm just kill me then

>it screams pandering and not being able to deal with loss.

Look. I agree with you. Alien 3 was kino.

But everything AFTER Alien 3 was shit. Everything.

And alien 3 was the perfect ending. PERFECT.

So starting from Aliens is better - Blomkamp can now fuck up Weaver, Hoggs and Newts life. Three times the kino.

>Also it diminishes the vibe of that bleak, corporate universe which worked so effectively until retards try to make it into some spielbergian shitfest

Its Blomkamp. And if he does not fuck ut up, it will be kino

Im older than you, fag goy

TOO LATE

IT WILL BE KINO

And redeem us from this Scottshitfest

what's the story between fass and noomi?

He supposedly sexually harassed her and made her miserable on set. I've never read about it anywhere but here though so it's probably bullshit.

>no sense

It made perfect sense, you moron.

What can you expect when Marvel and Star Wars is considered good cinema?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Ridley saying, 3 years before Prometheus was released, that the story would be
>Space Jockeys kidnap humans to experiment on
>Force them to breed
>lol, they kidnapped 2 dudes
>SJ's don't understand why the 2 dudes ain't having babies
>No Xenos, no connection to Alien Franchise, other then Space Jockeys

No I don't seem to remember there being that much gay sex in Prometheus, which would suggest that Ridley changed his mind, just like he's doing now and anything he said about the story or plot of his movies, should be taken with a grain of salt until no earlier then 2 months before the release of the movie.

no, that was a fake script that was floating around

I just hope you're being ironic.

The only thing I am happy about is that Ridley is not directing the new Blade Runner.

In fact, him being the executive producer of it is my only fear for the movie because he has clearly lost his sense for filmmaking.

>It made perfect sense, you moron.

The final scenes with the Derelict rolling and rolling around and Elizabeth being able to survive between the ship and a rock (that should be destroyed instantly when the ship supported itself on it) were ridiculous.

>2 dudes ain't having babies

Sound homophobic. Not surprising it got rejected.

>What can you expect when Marvel and Star Wars is considered good cinema?
We're doomed.

I wanted to see Rapeface go to the Prometheus home world and get answers and shit. Fuck this rehash shit negroes

>2 dudes ain't having babies
It could happen, with the black goo.

This.

If a xeno explodes out of a guys ass in this they've just sold at least one ticket.

Who said we won't?

That one script about space jockeys turning men homosexual wasn't bad...if you removed the homosexuality.

>wanting blokamp anywhere near aliens after the twin disasters of elysium and chappie

I hope you are baiting.

Long story short I missed all of the promo for Prometheus and my ex put it on with me knowing absolutely nothing about it. I didn't know it was connected to the Alien series until literally the xenomorph in the final scene. No shit. I didn't even clock that it was directed by Scott until I saw his name on the credits. That is how much Prometheus feels like part of the Alien series.

>It made perfect sense, you moron.

it's not the movie's fault that you're a dolt

>Weyland Yutani
>Space Jockey
>I didn't know it was connected to the Alien series
Your opinion is invalid since you are obviously retarded.

If you watch the commentary, Ridley explains that the engineer at the beginning kills himself so his DNA can flow in the ocean and generate new life or some shit.

So yeah, it makes sense when you listen to the commentary, watch all the deleted scenes which I have no idea why Ridley never made an extended cut...

One of my wishes is for Ridley to re-release Prometheus in extended form (I still haven't watched all the deleted scenes, hoping an extended cut will eventually be released).

he's not going to say 'this is the movie i wanted to make in 1977' is he?

>He supposedly sexually harassed her and made her miserable on set.
Fassbender? I don't believe one second he could sexually harass anyone... He looks like a gentle guy.

Spoiler for plot of movie:

Apparently there are 2 Fassbender Androids in Alien: Covenant hence why he has a fall body again and the one we see in the trailer among the crew is going to try and experiment with them and generate Aliens. So the Alien we see in the trailer coming out of the guy's back is most likely due to Fassbender.

Actually sounds interesting.

Yeah, it's practically a rehash of Prometheus with Aliens but then what were you expecting when Ridley re-wrote the script and tried to please the fans?

>So yeah, it makes sense when you listen to the commentary
>it makes sense when you consider outside sources
I don't care. And the beginning was totally understandable (up to the point that the engineer stuff makes no sense since dinosaurs ruled the earth for millions of years and there is no reason to believe that humans would emerge at some point of earths history looking exactly like the engineers - except for space magic). There are just a million things wrong. Major plot points like why would the engineers hand maps of a secret military base to a planet they want to destroy. Or why Weyland would keep secret that he is still alive. I am not going to discuss some commentary, or bonus material or some fucking graphic "novels" or some shit. The movie failed as a movie.

When the bluray came out an user made a "director cut" with all the deleted scenes and streamed it for us, some parts of the movie made a lot of more sense.

he probably walked around doing helicopter dong

>what were you expecting when Ridley re-wrote the script and tried to please the fans?
He shouldn't write scripts.

Baneposting is Reddit. Go back there.

>be babby alien
>be in human
>choose to go out spine instead of easier chest

dumbass

>>choose to go out spine instead of easier chest
>easier chest

The chest is NOT easier, that was why the chestburster is so horrific, that something so small was powerful enough to crack the breastbone

The dinosaurs also have engineer dna.
The engineers want to destroy our planet because of what we became.

>I need to be spelled out EVER LITTLE THING for me in order to make sense of things

fffffuck off you dumb retard, you're the reason what is wrong with modern movies

Fuck you newfag. He can direct any movie that comes out, fine by me.But he should not be involved in the writing process and honestly I don't believe he ever was in one of his great works. He needs a strong script.

Why doesn't the facehugger go out of the women's vagina when it hatches? :^)

>Den of Geek: Where would you like to see the next Alien film head? Perhaps back to the more high-budget universe that you---

>O’Bannon: I’d like to see it stop. A horror movie’s a fragile thing, and once you’ve gotten past the original, it isn’t scary anymore. So you do a bunch of sequels to a horror movie, all they do is drain any remaining impact out of the original. All of the sequels to for instance Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers, same thing; they over-expose the ideas, and when you look at the original, it’s not as effective as it would have been if you had just left it alone.

>But money makes the world go round and Hill and Giler saw that as the best way to make more money without having to do any work. So as producers with an in at Fox, they just continue to shove those things through.

>Den of Geek: So as far as you’re concerned the Alien franchise is pretty much played out now?

>O’Bannon: It was played out after the first one, as far as I’m concerned. Cameron, in the first one, did about the only thing you could do, which was that he changed to a different genre, from a horror movie to an action film. But once he had done that, there really was nothing left to do. And they just keep squeezing the thing till it’s an empty bag. But as long as it keeps bringing in money to them, they’ll keep doing it.

– The Den of Geek interview: Dan O’Bannon: archive.is/umPp

>be retarded human
>actually think the breast bone is easier to crack laterally than the spine

dumbass

O'Bannon would know. He wrote tons of god awful horror movie sequels.

Why not a slow, painful android transformation into the alien?

That would be great...you know, with all the >implied craziness, like The Fly.

This is sad..another "lol terror pop-out!"

You didn't answer any question I raised. Just meme responded. I never asked why the engineers want to destroy earth.
>big reveal ZOMFG WEYLAND is still alive
They put that shitty twist in there. Not my fault it doesn't make sense. Also you are seriously barking at the wrong dog here since I watch movie from before 1990 90% of the time. Back then even big dumb Hollywood blog-busters had coherent scripts and attention for detail. YOU are what's wrong with modern movies since you ear up nonsensical shit made for people with short attention spans.

Care to name a few?

Or why doesn't he come out of the man's penis hole?

>I saw a 2 minute trailer that means I know exactly what the entire movie is about and that it will not feature a single thing about the engineers or human creation.

Why do people make posts like this? Is this a copy-paste of a reddit post or something?

Bro.

Almost everything Ridley Scott has touched since 2001 has been shit

Robin Hood
Exodus
Prometheus

The Martian and the directors cut of Kingdom of Heaven were exceptions but thats about it.

You faggots need to stop worshipping age-old directors just because they did kino when they were younger

weyland was the driving force for the entire mission

again, it's not the movie's fault that you're too retarded into comprehending even the simplest things

I believe in District 9

And everyone makes mistakes. Even twice. And if you want to bitch: Scott is producing.

It will work.

Engineers are back. Possibly a scene involving the girl with the dragon tattoo?

Based Dan O'Bannon.

People in this thread worried about retconning Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.

Oh my heart aches that two dumbass franchise crippling films are being made irrelevant.

I'd take a Chappie or Elysium tier flick over Alien 3's boring ass story or Resurrection unfiltered autism.

At least it'll have competent art design, and worldbuilding.

>weyland was the driving force for the entire mission
What does this have to with anything I wrote? Are you literally no able to understand my posts?

Prometheus was a good movie and if you think otherwise than you jumped on the hate bandwagon without critically thinking about it yourself.

judging by the trailer, I have the impression that this new movie has a mashup scenario of the original Alien movie + ship design and black goo of prometheus.

is it like TFA ? did they want to do remakes with the exact same plot every time now ?

I never said it to anyone, but I was expecting David to become organic or human throughout Prometheus, I was expecting some kind of body horror with the android but it never happened.

no dude the engineers weren't in the trailer that means they aren't in the movie didn't you read the OP?

I mean I know theres a picture from the set right there but the trailer didn't have them so don't be retarded...

I'm explaining to you the reason why Weyland is in the movie, which is something that you addressed

you're beyond retarded and should probably seek medical help for acute dementia if you have such issues to understand even this

I agree with you

But Alien 3 was kino. Fincher kino.

Other then that I agree with you. Alien 3 was the canon ending to one continuity. I would not mind an alternate continuity that follows from Aliens, where Higgs and Newt made it

Are you actually implying Hollywood was swayed by this autistic herd? No. They just know what will make more money.

>walking around on an alien planet without a suit on AGAIN
and dropped

What you expecting from Alien plot? Just really. Time travel? Or deconstruction like "no xenomorph" in Alien movie?

>I'm explaining to you the reason why Weyland is in the movie, which is something that you addressed
I never asked why he was in the movie. Never. You can't fucking read bro. I asked why he was pretending to be dead. Fucking retard.

tfw I wanted a 2001-ish sequel to Prometheus.

suit doesn't help agaisnt facehugger
anyway

It helps against the spores featured in the trailer though. Or radiation. Or air bound viruses. Remember the security protocol in the Alien? The one Ripley tried to protect? That shit actually made sense.

Probably would have helped with that microscopic shit you see go in one guy's ear though.

you were wrong about something and you were corrected

>only answer to me when I ask you a question

yeah that's how it works

>I asked why he was pretending to be dead.

because he was old af and lived on borrowed time you fucking idiot

>be old as fuck
>pretend to my employees to be dead because lol why not
>this makes perfect sense
Prometheus fans everyone.
>you were wrong about something and you were corrected
Yeah, what was that?

>no suites
They doesn't looks like responsible people to be honest.

I am fine with them no having suites in the space ship. It's literally retarded not to have any when leaving it tho.