2016 Thread

What have you watched in 2016 and was it good or shit?

dude like shut up..

>Hidden 2016
Low budget movie following a family after a nuclear? apocalypse that turns into more of a horror film.A little lacking but if you can give it suspense of disbelief it's a good ride.

I watched Beetlejuice, it was good.

>The Signal 2014
Also fairly low budget but really well made psychologicalish thriller that follows 3 defcon/nerdy teenagers following an online signal. Smart movie, unexpected and interesting. Best left undescribed due to spoilers

I've watched a ton, personal highlights are:
>Julieta
>the Witch
>Rogue One
>Hunt for the Wilderpeople
>Captain Fantastic

>Green Room 2015

Surprisingly good movie about a punk band getting stuck in a green room at a skinhead gig

Patrick Stewart said the only reason he did this movie was because his worst fear was being trapped in a dangerous situation with people who he couldn't reason with.

>The Walking Dead
Self explanatory unless you live in a cave

>Fear The Walking Dead
Basically a softer, slower paced and lower budget version of TWD. Acting is a mix of much better and much worse than TWD and it gets boring at times, but it's good overall.

>Z Nation
Really cheesy at times and some of the characters and humour is for manchildren but it doesn't have the same up its own arse bullshit that TWD does and there are some good episodes

>High Rise 2015
Going to be hated by anyone who wasn't really aware of the 80s in Britain and seen as artsy and gay, which it sometimes is, but it's also a really interesting look at the introduction of modernism and capitalism in the UK and eventually the world. Good acting and soundtrack and a Hunger-Gamesy/Snowpiercer feel at times.

>Wyrmwood Road of the Dead 2014
Cheeky Australian Film movie about various characters during a zombie apocalypse. Clearly low budget, and has kind of a "team of mates" feel so it's cheesy at times, but the sense of humour and actors make it good

I've seen 52 films this year, one a week.
Pic related is my top 10.
Full disclosure: I haven't seen Moonlight or Manchester by the Sea yet.

Your taste is all over the place and mostly childish, but your autism is impressive

>sausage party
>#2

what the-

Aw, it was really, really funny. I think it deserved an 8/10 - you don't?

Guess I'm not going to watch La La Land if someone with a taste like yours likes it.

Damn, I was really hoping you'd go see it, stranger on the internet.

sounds fun

Dunkeldeutschland (Juliane Jaschnow, Stefanie Schroeder)
025 Sunset Red (Laida Lertxundi)
Nocturama (Bertrand Bonello)
AS WITHOUT SO WITHIN (Manuela De Laborde)
Batman v Superman (Zack Snyder)
Nightlife (Cyprien Gaillard)
It has a Golden Red Sun and an Elderly Green Moon (Ulla von Brandenburg)
Vertigo Sea (John Akomfrah)
Republique (Alexandre Galmard)
Lumapit Sa Akin, Paraiso (Stephanie Comilang)
well this my top ten, some of them are avant-garde films that I saw at toronto film festival.

Way to ruin Lalaland with your shit taste m8

What are Julieta and Captain Fantastic like/about?

Hunt for the Wilderpeople was rad

I pity the man that can only enjoy his one narrow type of film.