What can be done about the band T-Shirt problem???

More and more celebs are wearing them as some sort of badge of honor (particularly Guns N Roses recently). What is going on?

I'll post some examples.....

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums#30–39_million_copies
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kanye

Nobody cares.

tbqh this is really weird and i don't know how you noticed it but now i want to know what's going on too

its not a problem stop being pretentious

Why GnR? There was a girl in one of my classes wearing one of their shirts, and while sure you can listen to whatever music you want, it stood out to me because I go to an art school and GnR isn't exactly the type of band you would see people listening to hear

GnR isn't very good either...

blacks have always been the same way as whites with a fascination for the other side. But somehow they have even worse taste in rock/metal/ etc.
Or it could be some Illuminati thing, who knows.

this

>Why GnR?

That's what I wanna know.

Selena Gomez.

hopefully it becomes a thing

Miley yesterday.

cara

Jenner

Its just a dumb fucking trend, i saw some negro youths at the theater and they all had slayer and iron maiden album cover t shirts on.

Dadrock albums and bands often have cool covers and logos.
For a long time dadrock graphic t-shirts were exclusively the domain of the biggest neckbeards on Earth.
Neckbeards got bullied into submission and stopped wearing them.
Now it's cool to wear them again.

what is this trying to accomplish

There's a good chance he legitimately listens to them. He has other band t-shirts, such as a My Bloody Valentine one, and considering he loves Radiohead and Sufjan Stevens he's probably just musically autistic like we all are

HOLY SHIT LOL

>Guns N' Roses

Sky

GnR has a cool guy image so its cool to wear their shirts

girls buy them because they are on sale in their local low-end (highstreet) fashion outlet.

H&M is one example of this.

however i don't know who any of the celebrities are in this thread other than beyonce.

wouldn't be surprised if cudi actually liked them

>tfw unironically wore pic related in the very early 90's

also lmao, guns n roses aren't some obscure band that have about twenty fans, literaly everyone's heard of them

>tfw unironically wore pic related in the mid 90's

Gaga is a legit thrash fan.

>popular musicians are aware of one of the most popular rock bands in history
wow who would've thunk it.

what's the best place to start with the band T-Shirt problem?

DJ Mustard lol

Fashion designers take metal and rock band designs and culture, remake it and sell it for $100+ dollars, thats why you see celebrities wearing the exact same shirt or similar band shirt

lol its just fashon, all these people want to be seen as famous rockstars. of course they will sport the logos of the most generic rock bands. they dont give two shits about the music. Its the concept of the rockstar and the vintage band tee asthetic. Nothing deep here. Just basic people colectivly doing basic shit. Like a girl who tries to be nerdy by wearing a zelda shirt who really doesnt give a shit about playing games

Maybe they like them?

Do you seriously think that Pop celebrities only listen to other pop music that it would it trigger you to see Ariana Grande in a Kyuss shirt?

she also likes les rallizes denudes

this, it's counter appropriation. Kanye started taking cues from metal aesthetics and it blew up because that shits already commercially available at Walmart.

The reason your bait doesn't get any replies is because there aren't really any people dumb enough to think that music-for-profit is an inherently negative thing. Most musicians make music for money. The vast majority of good ones do. Mozart made music for money.

You need to re-word your bait a little bit if you want people to bite. Simply putting a few sacred cows next to albums everybody likes to rip on isn't enough.

>he hasn't seen Britany in the JD Death Grips t shirt

dude that's dope, i'd wear that today

maybe in some cases they do actually like those bands?

Why did you use my screenshot?

Wheres my pet sounds QT

>Caring about Guns 'n' Roses

huh?

That settles it......Metallica is OFFICIALLY normie tier.

How is KK a normie?

>My eyes are up here you fucking pig

I wonder who he's gonna challenge for Wrestlemania

shut up kim or ima stuff you in my trunk and drive off a bridge

Guns n Roses are a rock band all about what Hollywood thinks of itself, so it makes sense for celebrities to attach themselves to those ideas.

Because Guns N' Roses is a great band.

..even though they pretend to be bleeding heart progressives who want to feed the poor children

Gun n Roses and Metallica are popular bands with "edgy" shirts. Nothing to do with any kind of badge of honor celebs probably like how the shirt looks. Not that big of a deal

Lady Gaga, The Beeb, the fat black guy, and the chick at seem to be the only people with good taste in music. Guns n Roses SUCK!

Wow

Surely they must have a backstory on the band. For all they know they could be picking up some KKK/Nazi/Muslim/Commie extremist group

xD

Maybe metallica and G'n'R are some of the most popular bands of all times and not obscure in the slightest

it's just because they have cool logos and shirt designs with the added bonus of making the wearer, regardless of whether or not they listen to the music, seem eclectic

Or people like some of the most popular albums of all time.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums#30–39_million_copies

>band that's sold over 100million records
>for normies

yep

>guns n' roses shirts are now fuckboi fashion
what a time to be alive

I f/w this
Gaga seems chill and perfectly between open minded yet unpretentious.

I doubt these retards actually listen to the music

uh wtf

now what?

Kourtney Kardashian

kelly rowland

On your original post, you used a picture of the same screenshot I took.

it's almost like incredibly popular, platinum-selling artists sell enough merchandise that normies might end up wearing their shirts and listening to their incredibly accessible normie music

Megadeth isn't "incredibly popular" at all though.

I'm yet to meet someone who listens/likes, or even knows what Metallica are. Outside of Rock/Metal concerts, metal/rock groups back in school, and the internet that is.

LOL if you think any of these celebrities listen to the music and aren't just using the shirts as fashion statements, you're a fool and coward

really? I live in the UK but pretty much everyone I know has heard of Metallica including my nan, I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same for the US

I can understand the GNR thing because they had one of the biggest selling tours of 2017, but Megadeth??

Fox

ffs

They've probably heard of them, but they won't know the names of any songs although 1/3 of a typical school year would have heard of Enter Snowman

Stupid

>Snowman
*Sandman
Autocorrect REEEE

Hasn't he gone all edgy trump supporter?

>Enter Snowman

sounds like a song i'd like to hear

That's too bad she likes the garbage thrash

Actually a patrish shirt here. She's a known rock/metal fan too.

the one that really got to me was the very late 90s or maybe 2000 thing where normies somehow got a hold of the MC5 thirty years after they broke up. They were more underground than any of the metal bands posted ITT and they just got used as a badge for cool points by the most boring, above-ground plebs

There's a pic of Kanye in a Testament shirt. I'll look for it.

>KICK OUT THE JAMS, MY FRIENDS™

Good taste

nice