What’s your stance on trap/mumble rap?

What’s your stance on trap/mumble rap?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ccgmM_CZfA8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not music. It's a fashion contest.

I hate that I don't hate it

>It's not music.
People throw this meme around for many genres and it just shows how ignorant they are.

Pleb filter

bad.

Music made for and by subhuman trash.

some of it is really fun, most of it is boring/shitty

Replace the 'ap' with 'ash' and it would be a more fitting name. However, there's maybe 2 songs I unironically like within the genre.

Just to clarify: People usually mean it's not "good" music.

by brainlets, for brainlets

To be fair I'd rather listen to trap than emo but they're both garbage.

for white teenagers and adults with drug addictions/no moral center

This

>stance
Not everything in life is a fucking political statement.

hip-hop dark ages
even ringtone rap was better than this shit

Hate it and any rap/hip-hop that just talks about drugs, guns, money, gangs, hoes, etc.

Unironically enjoy it if some effort/ thought is put in

this is the truth
its who can attract the most attention before any music

it will last till the near end of this year. The Weeknd will release a RnB album that does not have daft punk backing him, so the plebs will love it. RnB will reign for another 3 years after that. screencap this
also...
check em

trap/mumble rap will live till 2050. check em

What are those two songs?

The new trend amongst young people that will eventually die off, just like grunge did, as well as nu metal, as well as dubstep, and so on. And like all those genres, there are always exceptions... but not for trap rap. It’s just shit. Like, all of it.

just the the latest retarded trend, who gives a fuck?

Has some good qualities but just like any saturated genre, there's tons of shit projects

Is it bad if I listen to it ironically. I love the vibe and how preposterous artists like Gucci, 21 Savage, Young Thug, etc

The whitest post of all time

pretty much

listen to it unironically because it's good

this

The music industry has become clickbait as well

faggots who dismiss trap rap as wholly trash are missing the point. just like how Soundtracks for the Blind or any other "difficult" music requires a specific mindset for newcomers to fuck with it, trap/mumble is meant for consumption in a very specific state of mind
and that state of mind is being fucked up and wanting to jump around to something ignorant
it's just fun music

love Playboi Carti, his raps are just fun and catchy

do you know what the definition of stance is?

Being White is a good thing.

Would be pretty good if it were instrumental or had actual rappers emceeing over it

Arguing about definitions will leave you with your head up your ass

Worst thing to happen to rap since Aaron Carter.

It was cool when it started but its annoying now its 99% of rap nowadays. Rap was perfect 2013-15 when it had a perfect mix of mumble trap/lyrical shit.

I like XO Tour Life lol

it is interesting to watch the genre evolve. it's going into some weird/chill melodic shit. let the niggers experiment more and then lets judge them. they take a bit longer to figure new ideas out

Its usually monotonous but I can bump to a decent trap song. I'm still not praising the subgenre. I still think its usually bad music but its bad music I can bump to.

Good sample: youtu.be/ccgmM_CZfA8

Turn on the Lights and Macaroni Time duh

Is that a quote

this is becoming such a normie/reddit/soy opinion btw

interesting opinion brah

someone told me Kendrick is trap

I'm like ???

These two basically. Would have preferred grime to be bigger here but trap is okay.
Wait 20 years for the trap revival nostalgia movement.

i like the genuine stuff coming out of atlanta
21 savage, migos, gucci, future
most of the meme shit like lil pump isn't good but definitely entertaining.

i grew up on southern rap like cash money, no limit, triple six, so i'm partial to anything with heavy bass. i just like how a lot of these new guys took a small part of an older southern rap style and made it their signature flow and updated the production.

>liking an artist because other people don't like it

I really wish it would die already so that like all those guys that got face tattos look like idiots. Also so the entry level into rap gets harder so that guys cant coast on having an unusual look and mumbling like a tard

all style no substance.

ruins both rap and popular music.

has been shoved in peoples faces for way too long.

Needs to go the way of crunk

Lmao this. I was extremely disappointed in how much I loved XO Tour Lif3. I've even caught myself enjoying a few Lil Peep songs.

that's what i thought

not a fan of trap, but i do have one pet peeve and that is the lil boat mixtape. yachty made a fun album to listen to that he will never be able to recreate just because of the sheer raw (actual) autism needed to create it
i think it is a good mixtape im sorry guys

Plenty of his shit is trap

>implying black people didn't pave the way for nearly every music genre ever

CHECKED
H
E
C
K
E
D

Satanic Trips Confirms

an intelligent post I agree with.

not bad

I like Denzel Curry and Ghostemane, that's it really. Future and Migos are too bad to even listen to.

worst thing since nu-metal. at least mid/late 2000s pop was about being catchy, not about what sneakers you're wearing while talking about xanax

Some early cloud rap is the best thing that came out of it and they still kinda suck

xD

I fucking hate it

>trend
my nigga trap music has been going on since 2006 at least

mumble rap isnt a new phenomena either. neither will die off

literally the disco of our age

I just don't like it. I've tried, but I do not see the appeal. I wish I did like it.

anyone who hates is a faggot. get with the times faggots.

What the fuck is mumble rap?

Hip-Hop has been on a decline of quality ever since it started.

Racist

Damn was a trap album you retard