Mark E. Smith has died

Fall fags get in here

twitter.com/fallnews

>The day I've been dreading. "It is with deep regret that we announce the passing of Mark E. Smith. He passed this morning at home. A more detailed statement will follow in the next few days. In the meantime, Pam & Mark’s family request privacy at this sad time."

Pam Van Damned The Fall - manager

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/fallnews
youtube.com/watch?v=J3Dfs6tBzBY
youtube.com/watch?v=CmdndTuRBjY
youtube.com/watch?v=2F_hHmnoYPI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

F

No please be bait

>twitter.com/fallnews
mods pls sticky
>mfw it's real

Oh fuck this just broke my heart

rip

oh my god no

Fuck. I'm not really surprised though. This has been a long time coming.

That's a damn shame, I hope the least we get out of his loss is more people become inspired to check out his music.

WHERE'S THE FUCKING STICKY
WE DON'T NEED THIS FACE HAUNTING Sup Forums

RIP The Hip Priest

shit, he's honestly the most talented english musician in the last 40 years

fucking hell

rip

holy shit

RIP Mark

Oh please no. Was expecting it but.... shit

R.I.P

John Peel and Smith can now make love in the after life.

Who?

I like The Fall but i honestly don't give a shit that he died. Didn't even knew him so why should I?

...good riddance I guess? this poor fucker didn't had released anything valuable since 3 decades: he was just another leech/boomer living on royalties.

lmao

dumb millenial

half the people in heaven will be members of the fall now...

a lot of the Fall's better shit is at the later end of their career, you cunt

>mourning someone's death who didn't know you existed
>mourning someone's death you never knew personally

I remember being young

The Real New Fall LP and The Unutterable are top ten Fall albums and they're both from the early 00's
and the album this year was pretty good

I knew he had health problems recently, but damn, the world was already a fucking grim place, without Mark E. Smith it is becoming a bland piece of shit.
RIP in peace.
youtube.com/watch?v=J3Dfs6tBzBY

>Hasn't heard Country on the Click

Obviously

That's a shame, but based on that picture it was bound to happen sooner or later.

if trips Brian will be next

(sorry guys but he has to go)

F
Rest In Peace
I work with the Scottish indie band Vladimir and we've done a dozen shows with Mark and the Fall and crew in the last few years. The Fall were everything everyone ever said they were. He was mental but also unmissable. Sad but inevitable times.

RIP Mark, all my Fs
He was a genuine one-off

t. fags spamming the board with "RIP PEEP" threads when he OD'd like an idiot

if fredo didn't get a sticky then no one gets a sticky

What did he die of?

mean, he was 24yo on the pic...

>Scottish
kys northern drunk cunt

shut up

literally who

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO *FIRES PISTIL IN AIR 3 TIMES*

RIP

R.I.P.
He released a ton of great music, and with his ethic he probably would have released a ton more albums if he'd lived longer. He did good enough though.

he's been pretty constantly ill for years but apparently he cancelled a bunch of shows because of respiratory problems recently, so that's probably it

It appears to be fake, like their Rolex.

HOLY FUCK I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD ACTUALLY HAPPEN

>"I'm literally the death of this legendary icon!! the world has just lost a shining light of creativity and musical genius"
fuck off guys: honor his memory, be a punk: don't give a shit and a have a good laugh at his ugly mug

I guess you can say he has Fall

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

fuuuuck

RIP to a goddamn legend. sticky this immediately.

didn't this guy piss himself on stage?

found the guy upset that lil peep's short-lived rap career will continue to be more relevant than le wacky goblin post-punk man

thank you carlos

Keep doing whatever drugs you're on. Reality is not for you.

Almost certainly at some point. RIP.

Same I thought his daily regimen of alcohol and amphetamines had made him immortal.

F

Time to put Hex Enduction Hour on

STICKY NOW

Yeah, you could see his MES'd himself
Honestly though, Mark is basically the only person who could piss himself on stage and actually be pretty based for doing it

F :(

youtube.com/watch?v=CmdndTuRBjY

Fuck this fag

Rip fredo

Sorry guys, I just had to enter this thread and tell everybody that I, personally, do not care, seeing that I don't know them personally. Just letting everyone in here know, personally, no less, that I, Anonymous poster on Sup Forums, do not care about this news. Do you all now understand that I truly do NOT care? This is not to be misconstrued with me caring about the news of this tragic passing, which I actually do NOT find tragic seeing that I do not know them PERSONALLY. Just my PERSONAL opinion everyone

F

damn, rip.
i'm sad but not surprised desu. he looked like he's been dead for quite awhile now.
i'd be lying if i said i was super into the fall but i knew and enjoyed some of their best known stuff.
mods pls sticky.

Literally who cares

f

How is a man with no hit songs or records famous again?

i hope he died an agonizing death while the close ones wept non-stop by his deathbed

also, The Smiths is the superior 80s indie band

oh fuck F

rip mark, you're a new face in hell up in heaven now ;(

shouldn't you kids be in school right now

wow imagine that, the smiths fan quoted the entire thread. fuck face

lol why are you alive and on u?

Fucks sake

Don't smoke like a chimney and drink 10 pints a day, I guess?

>77636624
(You)

Sad news but from people who went to recent live gigs it's not surprising.

wtf, it's actually real this time

edgy
Here's your (you)

No point getting angry about people coming into the thread to bait for responses, because knowing his character, that's most probably what Mark would have wanted

>The Smiths is the superior 80s indie band

this is why i can tell you're a pleb
because of the content of your post

>taking this amount of time to be this much of a fag

let's keep them rolling boys

Seriously. All these people going "what a shock" and "he was only 60"

The man has fucking subsisted on a diet of solely beer, speed, junk food, and every random drug under the sun since he was a teen and stayed up for weeks on end for years on binges. He didn't give two shits about his own health, which had been pretty obviously deteriorating the past several years.

Also I think J Spaceman will be dead within a decade. He's been confined to a chair at live shows for years now.

What happened to him lads? he was a handsome lad in his youth.

youtube.com/watch?v=2F_hHmnoYPI
He was in bad shape for a while but still R.I.P.
The Fall were brilliant.

Speed and booze, and lots of them

Shitty person shitty band

Rip

50000 Fall fans can't be wrong

Had the pleasure of meeting Mark E Smith at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

hard drinking and being in the Fall

The north

stop please

fucking called it

Genesis is next

Booze. It's why he looked like an old man since the 90s.

nobody in this thread said it was shocking, everyone's been saying the exact opposite

> He's been confined to a chair at live shows for years now.
No, he hasn't. I've seen them twice in the past three years and he was standing up jamming out, not crazy or anything but he ain't dying

Honestly as soon as I saw the news I went to check Limmy's twitter to see if he'd tweeted yet.

>trying this hard

Live at the Witch Trials [I.R.S., 1979]

After dismissing this as just too tuneless and crude--wasn't even fast--I played it in tandem with Public Image Ltd. one night and for a few bars could hardly tell the difference. Of course, in this case the heavy bass and distant guitars could simply mean a bad mix, but what the hell--when they praise spastics and "the r&r dream" they're not being sarcastic (I don't think), and in this icky pop moment we could use some ugly rebellion. How about calling it punk? B+

Totale's Turns [Rough Trade, 1980]

"The difference between you and us is that we have brains," Mark Smith announces to what the written notes call an "80% disco weekend mating audience" at the top of forty-three minutes of rant. The difference I notice is that the band is getting paid, but never mind--I'm so hungry for punk these days that I'm a sucker for the overall sound, maybe even the attitude. Yet though the minutes are divided officially into ten song titles, I confess I have trouble telling one from another except to point out that "Roche Rumble" is pretty fierce momentumwise. I also enjoy "Choc-Stock" (sounds like "pop star") and "That Man" (sounds like "Batman"). And almost any time Smith revs his delivery up toward squeal. B

Grotesque (After the Gramme) [Rough Trade, 1981]

As postpunk splinters into a thousand shafts of shadow, these arty lefties are definitely going for poetry readings with two-chord backing. My favorite is the first punk song ever to mention Herb Alpert, who appears not as a musical icon but as a record executive--at the company that distributed them back when they were trying to sell out. B

Hot take: The Fall were always pretty shit

Doubles and Angus Young is next.