>tfw rolling in your grave right now

He fucking detested Star Wars because of the autistic fanbase around it. He would also be disgusted at the thought of his family cashing in on him too.

One of the greatest actors of all time reduced to a CGI parody in this shitfest of a franchise.

Fuck Star Wars.

You are thinking of Alec Guinness.

Cushing was always a chill bro. He would have been bemused and said "oh, that's odd...Oh, I would love to be in new movies with this CGI thing, it seems delightfully odd."

Considering his estate had nothing but good things to say, you're a meme loving shitlord. Fuck you.

People older than 50 have nothing but good things to say about modern effects because it doesnt look as ridiculous as Lost In Space

>He fucking detested Star Wars

no he didn't asshole, and he'd be glad his family was making some money by agreeing to the "performance"

stop this "everyone who worked on star wars hated it" meme

Regardless of whether Cushing would've cared or not, I really don't like the precedent of reanimating dead actors using CGI and motion capture.

I could see this spiraling out to the point of absurdity across the entire medium.

Wasn't he just miserable that his wife died? I don't think he gave a fuck about Star Wars.

in the afterlife you feel nothing but unconditional love and forgiveness, he doesn't mind

>One of the greatest actors of all time reduced to a CGI parody in this shitfest of a franchise.
Name 3 good movies he starred in -besides Star Wars- without looking at IMDB, Google, etc.

>it doesn't matter what the actor thinks it matters what I think!

Cushing loved Star Wars. He was mad that tarkin died cuz that meant he couldn't be in any more. And although I don't like the idea of cgi use to recreate dead actors, I think this is quite a special case. Star Wars is the most popular movie franchise of all time. And when you are making the movie that takes place days before the very first Star Wars, you need tarkin.

Peter Cushing's primary gig was Hammer Horror shit, he didn't care about quality or the fans of his work

Who are you quoting?

>the afterlife
Kek.

Too soulcrushing for you?

Too memetic.

He decided to be in Star Wars because he thought people might like to see him in a sci-fi movie. He was pretty cool, desu.

The Satanic Rites of Count Dracula, The Man with the Golden Gun, and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

This is a Christian board. Please leave, Jew.

meme

Aye

I don't think there's anything saying he disliked star wars but I fucking guarantee you he'd be uncomfortable with the idea of other people creating a performance that looks exactly like him, but he has no control over.

It made me sick to my stomach. It was the epitome of uncanniness. Certainly we can do better than that, ILM...

>He fucking detested Star Wars
Nice fake news Sup Forumscuck, Cushing loved Star Wars

>Cushing loved Star Wars
Did he? Sauce on that. I want to believe.

he wouldn't care, he had 3 scenes and had 4min of airtime

>Unlike Alec Guinness, who grew to regret appearing in this film despite it revitalizing his career and earning a considerable income from it, Peter Cushing, who was a long time star of genre films, was pleased to be a part of the film and his only regret was that he could not appear in the sequels.

check mate, nigger

Imagine how high Kino ESB and ROTJ would be if Tarkin was in them

>e 3 good movies he starred in -besides Star Wars

13 year old detected

who said anything about "good movies" anyway, we're talking good acting here retard

GTFO

I haven't heard anything on who voiced him in Rogue One. People just talk about the CGI controversy thing.

Who voices him, and is it convincing?

Nice blog, faggot.

>revitalizing his career

That's an odd way to say 'income from it allowed him to retire', which is what happened.

The Arnie sound board.

Gilbert Gottfried. No, it's not.

Did they pay his descendants to use his likeness in the movie or can you just do what ever you want when a person dies?

They use old clips digitally edited... but weirdly, not of Cushing, but of the guy who did Jar-Jar Binks.

BASED PETER CUSHING

I knew he must've been cool about star wars

ffs you don't star in Hammer Horror films without being based af about what you're acting in

Disney fucking disgusts me.

His family could sue if they weren't contacted.

>hating a successful movie you had a role in that went on to become the most profitable franchise
Nobody ever.

It's a shame what they can do to you after you die. They can turn you into a sideshow, use your image to pander to those you disliked
And it's only getting worse with this CGI manure. No movie is safe from it anymore

Not only do we have to sit through a cartoon but they really expect us to fall for it, good job you dorks. Your piece of shit computer drawings look nothing like the real thing. It looks like fucking garbage

a number of people actually did

Considering its a role for which Alec Guinness is fondly remembered, perhaps even the role most people remember him for it's pretty fucking stupid that he hates it. It's as autistic as Radiohead saying they hate Creep or Nirvana hating smells like teen spirit because it was somehow beneath them.

>this part of my work was enjoyed by people
>people are plebs
>it must be shit

Pretty fucking stupid IMO.

I can see why he hated you guys so much
.. I mean just listen to you

>everyone losing their shit over cushing
>when young Leia was the real travesty

Cushing wasn't so bad IMO cause he was a weird looking dude in the first place, most of his scenes were dark and shadowed and other than him being a bit too chunky and not gaunt enough to pass for the real thing it wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen.

Leia on the other hand was fucking awful, stuck on at the end of the movie and in a bright as fuck, well lit scene where the CGI had all the subtlety of a flying pan to the face.

Tarkin was integral to the plot (although they could have probably got away with the director dude doing most of the scenes and only having Tarkin replace him towards the end in maybe one scene or something) and the CGI was there but not so blatantly it was offensive. Not to me anyway. Leia on the other hand could have been left out entirely, was pure fan service and looked like shit.

Even though you're thinking of Alec Guinness and are totally incorrect I can't help but notice that the "CGI parody" bit doesn't make much sense. good job m8ty