Emo thread

Capn jazz, sunny day, Pg. 99, Hawthorne heights, ect

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=X41JYinJlu4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can't believe they're actually done bros...
pls come back E!E!

this considered emo? I really enjoyed the record and am disappointed that it didn't blow up last year

It doesn't matter what "real emo" is because it all sucks anyway

whoever wrote the middle two was having a stroke throughout it seems

also i know the first one is copypasta but it's hilarious to call cap'n jazz emo and am. football not when they overlap in so many ways
like the people making this music were ever concerned with what genre tags it fell into...

anyway

Hawthorne Heights? You're joking, right?

Can anyone else explain the emo genre to me? it's like having a grindcore band being described as indie rock or something. I don't see it's possible for a band like orchid to be in the same genre as a band such as Joan Of Arc or American football or something.

orchid is generally considered screamo and not emo. they sound similar and are frequently lumped together by normies so it makes for quite a confusing mess. lesson is just listen to what you like and check out labels/band members to find more of whatever sound that is

Hawthorne heights is great bro, listen to silence in black and white and if only you were lonley

m.youtube.com/watch?v=X41JYinJlu4

hey guys hey
a band is only in a genre people think they're in
doesn't matter if they say otherwise
so that means
MCR IS EMO AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT

at least we can all agree that modern baseball sucks

It's pretty difficult to explain, it mostly just has to do with emotion being the main motif.

This leads Orchid, a screamo/powerviolence band, to be called "emo" while Sunny Day Real Estate, a midwest emo band, is also "emo".

Emo in itself is a genre that has several subgenres that mostly have to do with instrumentation and tempo.

I just always classed orchid as more a grind band or hardcore with screamo vocals like pig destoryer etc., I was slightly confused when they kept being put alongside more indie rock bands like American Football, Tigers Jaw and Modern Baseball.

midwest emo isn't real emo so normies keep lumping real emo bands like Orchid and Saetia with fake emo like American Football

if you can agree to call it midwest emo you're not allowed to say it isn't emo. literal cognitive dissonance going on there

And you have to remember that Emo only came to be from Emocore, which is just Hardcore Punk that shifted its ethos from focusing on politics as its main lyrical theme to personal emotion.

Hcp isn't necessarily about politics, in fact a lot of it is about feelings and lifestyle choices

Perhaps it would have been more pertinent to say "shifted from its traditional anti-establishment image"

i like this

True

I just listened to the a side of this earlier

Theyre all music, anything else is just a tag for rym autists

Anyone hear Hawthorne heights first album?

Pic related

'Emo' is more a description of subject matter than musical style. It's all depressing music for the sake of being depressing. A lot of it is derivative of hardcore punk, unless you're talking about midwest emo and shit like that which is a different story altogether. There's also post-hardcore and screamo and shoegaze (not emo but sad)

One of my favorites, too bad they disowned the album

Good album, too bad they broke up. They were dope live too

Hawthorne Heights is as watered down and commercial as 'emo' comes. The kind of band the scene girls in my high school art class listened to.

They were actually good though, leagues better than mcr, fallout boy, alexisonfire, taking back Sunday ect.