Can I get a quick rundown on Ligue 1? I've decided to watch your league because of based Nerman

Can I get a quick rundown on Ligue 1? I've decided to watch your league because of based Nerman.

It's like La Liga but worse because there's only one good team.

EPL is where it's at if you want to see a good spectacle.

first, you gotta take a dabpill

it's nightime in France, though, so you'd better bump your thread at regular intervals for some hours

I already watch EPL and La Liga (La Liga more so). But basketball is in a rough spot right now so I'm going to watch more soccer this year

Nice has Balo, pray for jokes, not much else to say....

this monaco is the equivalent of atletico madrid. psg is the giant. lyon will never be good. thats pretty much la liga for you

What are you going up mon ami ?

Lyon were the undisputed goats for 7 years in a row

nothing really

Yeah, I'd say Monaco is Atleti tier.Solid team that can shock you, like they did in winning the league last season. But there's no real competition for PSG if they are playing at their potential. At least La Liga has Barcelona and Real Madrid that can compete with each other year in year out.

Wenger's prospects

I'd say Monaco are more like Dortmund. Atleti is a step above those teams, but by a lot, but definitely higher up the ladder

The games are all played in front of half empty stands because Frenchies dont like soccer as much as their neighbors. Any good players on French clubs get bought by wealthier clubs in other leagues. Its full of West Africans and Algerians because they speak French. The only big club in France was Marseille but they had awful management so now theres a void at the top. Lyon dominated for a while then fell off, which led to a bunch of random teams winning recently, but now PSG has bought their way to automatic 1st place for the near future.

not by a lot*

meant to say never be good again. but youre right they used to run the league til that oil money

Stop saying the truth

What is this meme that people in France don't like football?
Pretty much everyone beside hipsters faggot and br*tons (who prefers rugby like the fags they are) is into football.

>Pretty much everyone beside hipsters faggot and br*tons (who prefers rugby like the fags they are) is into football.

>Being this uninformed

This is pretty accurate as far as I see it.

Much of Marseille and Paris consider it haram and elsewhere the men are too feminine for sport.

people here like football but don't respect it. it glorifies bad behaviours, not a good example for kids

It's the best league in the Worrld atm

Pretty much this

Football is very popular here but there are many people who supports foreign teams such as Bayern Munich of Real Madrid.
PSG is quite popular everywhere in France though, one day some guy threw mayonnaise at me because I was wearing a full Marseille kit.

Why would you spend that much time spreading your uninformed opinion on the Internet?

because rugby is huge in the south

TOP14 is basically rugby's EPL (money-wise at least)

This.
Football is really, really popular. We have 1 free sports channel, and their prime time magazine is about football only. They even call football "sport majeur" and every other sport "sports mineurs"
One ppv channel (Canal+) mainly survives thanks to airing football
But foot is despised by our elites (cf. what Hollande said about football players). Derogatory gimmick "beer+foot": for uneducated, alcoholic, poor and rude people. It's the ultimate pleb hobby here.

Deserved desu

So you're telling me Italy don't like soccer because their stadium is half empty aswell ?
>Think again

>only watching it now

Ligue 1 has been the most exciting league for over a decade. You need to support based Marseille. We are on the up again with based Rudi Garcia and American money.

>tfw bombing team busses becomes a regular thing in france

>br*tons don't like divegrass

oh wow... that's probably the region that likes it the most

and well, whatever you think, football is not as popular as it is in other countries

or more exactly, people are not willing to spend as much money in this as the others, hence the smaller crowds, the smaller and older stadium, the smaller budgets with owners and sponsors not pumping too much money in it, financial regulation being much more strict (as clubs are not as important on a political point of view to be protected from failure), etc...

and it's not specific to football

>I was wearing a full Marseille kit.
Full-kit wankers deserve worse desu

Don't expect any atmosphere. Expect a lot of draws. Expect a lot of black people who look suspiciously sub-Saharan, but must be French because they're called "Jacques". Expect bitter disappointment.

epl is a neutered hellhole

>EPL is where it's at if you want to see a good spectacle.

Everyone who doesn't grow up with Anglocentric media recognizes the superiority of Spanish football

Are you really in a position to be talking about black players

> I've decided to watch your league because of based Nerman.

DONT FOLLOW OILMONKEY MONEY

I didn't know Paris fc was a team till a student over here was wearing a kit. I only knew of psg

>throwing mayo at people
This is the Frenchest thing I've read this week.

Spanish football is overrated

I am an edgy darklord so I like Angers

>lelga
>70 freekicks/match
>70 dives/match
>80 minutes of players arguing with the refs using insufferable hand gestures/match
>15 yellow cards/match
>Refball for big teams

Pacey niggers

italy also has half-empty stadiums, even at their peak
doesn't mean that much

>Sandniggers and Macron bow to the Bogdanoffs
>In contact with the refs

You know the rest.

bump

b a s e d

the two good teams are plastic oil money "clubs". same is true for the EPL but at least they have entertaining meme teams and coaches.

Paris is one of the few big town in Europe to have only 1 elite club.

More niggers than the brazilian league

People *like* football, especially international competitions, but they don't go to the stadium or watch it that much otherwise.

We got Bielsa and Ranieri this year

>plastic oil money
>This retarded
Go to Pakistan 3rd league faggot.
All the first league in Europe have more or less the same economical model.
Which team are you watching Hans ?

There are 5 or 6 clubs to watch.

Marseille. New investments. New players. Probably not really entertaining for the moment. But They are back.

Lyon. They sold their two best players. But bought probably good one. lot of young ones. the most regular team of the last 15 years.

St Etienne. Because they will probably play football this year. New coach is into offensive play. Best supporters so far.

Lille. Because of king Bielsa.

PSG. For obvious reasons. Unfortunately Emery looks really retarded. But maybe this year they will play well more than 5 times. Also Neymar.

Monaco. Probably the best team to watch in sequence. Will they keep Mbappé or not ? They have probably still the post solid team of the league despite the sells.

You can add Nantes of Ranierri. But the players looks poor as fuck.

Also Nice. Sneijder and balotelli and also Lucien favre as coach. Probably the best coach in France last year.

Also Berlin. They don't even have one.