"I love Jay, but f*ck, you have Grammys, dog. And I love Kendrick, and I think DAMN. was awesome. “XXX.,” No. 12...

"I love Jay, but f*ck, you have Grammys, dog. And I love Kendrick, and I think DAMN. was awesome. “XXX.,” No. 12, was my favorite song on that album… And I think it’s great, but f*ck, like, n—a nominated for six other ones. Let him get one of those. I think just in the climate of music now, the sound and just how I went about it, and even my album cover. My album cover should win a goddamn award.

I think it would be tight if I won, just because it’s something different. And it’s no one speaking for that—those people. I don’t even wanna use the word “weird” because I feel like that’s a cheap word, but just the “me’s.” The “me’s” rarely is up there. I know if I win something, they’ll feel like they won something. I just think — I think it’s time."

#GrammysSoStraight

>artist says his album should win a grammy
what a shocker

>Someone being proud of their work
There is nothing wrong with this.

u right

people are taking his comment way too fucking seriously tho as if hes shaming other artists

nothing against tyler, but why does he care anyway? all the major awards like the grammys and the oscars are just politics.

Trips of truth

honestly he deserves it

It's not about being proud, it's about having some fucking humility and not being so pathetic that you publicly announce to the world that your album should win some award. It shows he cares about the award, which is detrimental to him as an artist because it voids his merit.

I wouldn't expect you braindead artless, talentless retards to understand this, but that's just how it be.

this

This is the same idiot whose life dream was to win a Video Music Award as if they have any meaning

He's a cock sucking faggot too, gross

Flower Boy without a doubt is better than 4:44 and 110% better than DAMN.

Holy shit grow up

>"but that's just how it be."

soy-Sup Forums likes flower boy more than cherry bomb because he talks about homosexuality and made pop for the plebs that go to his concerts

>I wouldn't expect you braindead artless, talentless retards to understand this, but that's just how it be.

This desu

i unironically agree. If i ever won a grammy then id probably give it to a homeless vet or some shit

Thread should have ended here

Flower Boy >>>>>>> grand canyon >>>>>>> 4:44 >>>>>>>> literal fecal matter > DAMN.

Kendrick is the most overrated artist in the game right now. He could release an album talking about chess that he would still be number 1 in a lot places. TBAP was his last good album.

Why make an album if you don't think it deserves an award

remember when you had to create something of value to win an award? the "me's" of the world aren't up there because they're fucking talentless nobodies who've never done anything creative in their entire lives. why are people trying to devalue these awards ceremonies to the point of meaningless?

>talking about chess
You mean like those Wu-Tang albums that everyone says are the GOAT? Actually he'd be too late, GZA actually made an entire concept album about it (and it was good)

he's right but who gives a fuck the grammys don't mean shit

grammys are a fuckin popularity contest and hold no merit whatsoever

I think he should win too I been saying that since I heard it but its very unlikely

>/r/iamverysmart

what would a homeles vet do with a grammy you fucking dunce

lol what use would a homeless vet have for that.

>"thanks this will always remind me of how great the music I never made was made was"
>sells for crack

what a smug fuck.
inb4 no grammy for him

He's not wrong. It's one thing to be very proud of your creation.
But to bitch about not getting nominated to a popular music award show circlejerk is kind of pathetic.

Saying that you should win an award and publicly praising your own album is a really conceited thing to do. I can understand being proud of your work and wanting it to do well, but something just peeves me about an artist praising his own work as if he's looking at it from an outside perspective and saying that it's the best.

yes there is. What a close minded pretencious fag he is. What if Michael Gira said this, he'd be shamed

Because saying he's bitching about it is not exaggerated at all, and he is nominated already.

>Because saying he's bitching about it is not exaggerated at all
No, it's not

aight however you gotta spin it