Unpopular Opinions

Tears For Fear's version of Mad World is better than Gary Jules version

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QT6cbwgIsO8
youtube.com/watch?v=BsQsYAq2yvk
youtube.com/watch?v=dqWEnrG6fHg
youtube.com/watch?v=DclxgxQuk6g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Metal and hip-hop are both good genres of music.

I hope this isn't an unpopular opinion

Screamo, when done well, is one of the best genres in modern western music.

both very correct

trap music is terrible

radiohead is mediocre and porcupine tree is absolutely fucking terrible

>Screamo, when done well, is one of the best genres
Agreed

Both equally dull, true statements

Nine Inch Nails are horrible and Hurt wasn't good until Johnny Cash covered it.

plebs will never understand, you're right tho

>unpopular opinions
>UNPOPULAR
>U N P O P U L A R

80's songs are made memes because they are good, not bad.

The king of limbs is good, people just expected too much after IR

Loveless sucks and MBV are hacks who don’t undertstand how to make compelling music

That's correct

example

The best Paramore album is All We Know Is Falling
My Chemical Romance wasn't emo until Danger Days
Eminem is the Bob Dylan of 21st century

Hook us up user

not op but
youtube.com/watch?v=QT6cbwgIsO8

Post-Rock itself isn't that enticing. Unless multiple instruments are used to enhance the pseudo-elegance of a work, any band can easily attempt a "Post-Rock" atmosphere to invoke authenticity in their otherwise mediocre personalities. Heck, I'd argue that rock music in and of itself has lost its luster. To be honest, there's only so many ways to play some heavy, distorted lick and protrude to the world your inner "anger" using as much cryptic clichés as possible before it just gets all muddled and repetitive. That's the whole problem; rock in general has now exhausted its course. Screamo bands aren't an exception. They only fall in its stereotypes instead of relinquishing them, like a druid corrupting a soul only to be vanquished by the razor of centaurs.

Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance at least made emo/post-hardcore more interesting, by combining it with pop and Alt. Rock, sustaining Rock's longevity in the 2000s. Could the same be said for City of Crass Pariahs or Stay-Away-etia? No.

>The king of limbs is good
Let's not get too carried away, it's decent but that's it.

Listen to AC/DC, now listen to Nattens Madrigal, now look at Bandcamp.
There, now you've listened to three more artists than Slint.

This doesn't sound like Screamo at all, this just sounds like European metal. But it's good anyways, thanks for the rec user

I 100% agree with this.

Exile on the Main St. by Rolling Stones is the most overrated album of all time.

>MBV are hacks.

100% disagree, but I do think Loveless is overrated to an extent.

I like these

youtube.com/watch?v=BsQsYAq2yvk
youtube.com/watch?v=dqWEnrG6fHg
youtube.com/watch?v=DclxgxQuk6g (A little blown out, can't find a great version)

All of the respective albums these songs are on are good, as well as:

Ampere - The First Five Years
Saetia - A Retrospective
City of Caterpillar - s/t (and their EP Driving Spain Up a Wall)
Off Minor - The Heat Death of the Universe
Jerome's Dream - Completed 1997-2001

lmao

The Funeral Diner song is the one that doesn't have the best audio quality I mean, the Neil Perry song is totally fine.

Awesome, thanks! The only band somewhat screamo that I knew before was Gospel so I'll check out all of these albums now

I enjoy madeon and porter robinson still even when I’m mainly into drum and bass

I also forgot Portraits of Past - 01010101

There's always something good I'm forgetting.

Prince wasn't all that good.

I like the NiN version more personally.
Idk, the ambience and a few other things just add to the atmosphere.

Unpopular opinion (at least around normies):
AC/DC is fucking shit

Unpopular opinion: I don't really care for YES other than 90125.

I don't mind AC/DC but I've always thought Aerosmith was fucking ass (except for Dream On obviously)

That too, Aerosmith is fucking overrated garbage.
It's overplayed too, which probably makes me hate it even more.

Radiohead is so fucking drowsy

true

>AC/DC is fucking shit

I agree though I think they improved a little after the Bonn Scott era

Vampire Weekend straight-up sucks

I listened to them when I was like 16 because it was "hard", and then as soon as I got my own computer, I kinda started looking on here and expanding my taste in general.

It just feels like it's the same song reworked over and over again

That's only unpopular if you're under 40

Plastic beach was far, far superior to demon days

I wholeheartedly agree with all of these statements.

Another note, I think the metal community discourages creativity and stifles any innovative acts within the genre, and it's already lost so much traction because of it. What used to be a celebration of energy even any teenager could enjoy is now muddled with so many status symbols and layers of seriousness... It's full of over-competitive clowns that take themselves too seriously, even if i do like the music most of the time.

I think Kendrick Lamar is a genius and in a lot of pain and will probably kill himself

I think metal and rap both suck. Indie, synthpop, postpunk and jpop are the patrician music. Metal and rap belong in a rubbish bin.

I've seen a few people call MBV hacks, care to explain why? Play/sing a song like Loomer on guitar and you'll realize how pretty it is behind all the noise. Simple yes, but beautiful with interesting and fun note choice.

Geez I agree with the first part I sincerely hope the second part won't happen

probably not unpopular here but rtj are very overrated and both killer mike and el-p's solo albums are much more interesting

Howis that unpopular? Does anyone still like the Gary Jules version besides those few months when Donnie Darko was considered the shit?

Det som engang var is Varg's best album.

Kendrick Lamar is a true savant at rap music but his overall intellectual shallowness holds his music back. He’ll forever sound like a precocious teenager rather than an actually smart adult.

Gary Jules version sounds like he's trying way too hard to sound depressing

Tears for Fears is way more subtle about it

This is an objective fact.