Is Oliver Stone's Snowden any good? Does it raise any interesting questions like JFK did...

Is Oliver Stone's Snowden any good? Does it raise any interesting questions like JFK did? I'm a bit puzzled at the casting of an asian man as Snowden, especially since I've never seen him give a good performance, but I'm glad to see Shailene Woodley is in it as she's one of the best young actresses in Hollywood.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nqFKjz4l9u0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wait a second

what about her feet?

Too bad Stone turned her into a SJW

Elaborate

I liked it. Doesn't raise questions, it's pretty much a straightforward portrayal of factual events. Good acting throughout. Loved the new Peter Gabriel song at end credits ("The Veil" - check out the video.)

If someone has a non-nazi viewpoint, then he is a sjw.

It's good. I watched it the day before yesterday, and then I followed it up with CitizenFour.

Much like says, it's a straightforward story of his life, with a focus on his contract work.

It's good if you want to know what the whole thing is about.

I should add, one of the main things that kept me from seeing it until now was the fact Joseph Gordon Reddit was playing him. I don't mind Levitt, but not in any kind of a serious factual role because of his goofy face. And especially in this one, because I've worked on Snowden stuff before, so I know his face really well, and to see some goofy actor portray him, I felt, would have taken me out of the film at every turn.

That said, once the film started, and you hear Levitt speak as Snowden, it goes a LONG way to really suspend disbelief. Sure, he looks pretty much nothing like him, but he sounds almost exactly like Snowden. It was a good performance from that perspective.

Gabriel fan here. I'm used to waiting years between his albums. Didn't realize he'd released anything new. Thanks. The Veil is excellent!
youtube.com/watch?v=nqFKjz4l9u0
Do you know if there is a studio album coming?

Watch Mysterious Skin

t. Brave Male Feminist

Rumour is that he's got a shitload of songs, but with his history of taking forever to re-write, re-record, overdub, polish and produce his material, who knows if/when it'll be released. The only other new thing I know of is a single released back in June:
“I wrote a song a few years back – ‘I’m Amazing’, which was, in part, inspired by Muhammad Ali’s life and struggles and at the time of his death, when so many people are celebrating his life and thinking about all he achieved, it seemed the right time to release it.”

He also did a US tour co-headlining with Sting over the summer, but unfortunately it came nowhere near enough to me to catch it. Reviews were excellent, though.

thanks. just dl'ed Amazing. good stuff.

It's a good film, Levitt Hewitt really nailed Snowden's mannerisms but it doesn't raises any questions and they purposely refer to just 4 programs out of the hundreds to give some form of detail, and not a lot, there was no technical stuff explained. Which makes sense, hearing Snowden explaining this sort of thing requires technical knowledge that few people understands.

It was great! I don't think levitt is an Asian though. Jewish right?

Would you recommend watching CitizenFour before or after?

why the fuck do we need this movie when his own fucking documentry already exists where he says everything himelf

Because Hollywood.

Considering that Snowden's claims have been BTFO'd pretty conclusively, I doubt it. Can't wait for him drink himself to death like rest of defectors in Moscow.

Same could be said about The Theory of Everything and that documentary narrated by Hawking.

I'd recommend watching CitizenFour instead.

>Considering that Snowden's claims have been BTFO'd pretty conclusively
This is news to me. Who BTFO them? The government? Why the fuck would you listen to them?

The NSA was literally spying on US citizens, shill.

Haven't seen the movie. Does it cover the part where Snowden works for the CIA?

Needs more of her like this

>23 replies in
>0 images