5: 9/10
4: 8.5/10
6: 7.5/10 (last 20 minutes is a 9/10)
7: 5/10
3: 2/10
1: 2/10
2: 1/10

discuss

Wow. You hate the prequels. Wow. Holy shit. Thank you. What an amazing, new opinion. A mind-opener. Whoa

5 > 4 > R1 > 6 > 3

the other movies don't matter

2 and 1 were shit and are irrelevant to the story. episode 7 is the definition of mediocrity and is irrelevant fanfiction. these are the only movies that are worth watching and relevant, the only movies that a star wars fan needs to own.

how was 2 irrelevant to the story

fucking typical normie ranking you euro scrub, this is the one true ranking.

1 is completely irrelevant to the story. If you omit it, 2&3 make complete sense.

Good: 5, R1
Okay: 3, 4
Meh: 6, 1
Dogshit: 2, 7

>adding a movie 7 to the list

That's funny, user, I don't remember that one, when did George Lucas make it?

>ranking 3 that high
no no NO

Get off his cock.

>using RT to try and prove a movie's quality
appeal to popularity is a logical fallacy for a reason, user

Empire Strikes Back (Grindhouse edition) >
Star Wars (Harmy's despecialized edition) >
Rogue one >
Return of the Jedi (harmy's despecialized) =
Dawn of the Empire (fan edit of RotS) >
The Force awakens >
The Phantom Menace >
Attack of the Clones

This is the objective ranking

Sup Forums thinks that if a new Lord of the Rings book was to be written today it would be a real Lord of the Rings book.

That wasn't my intention at all you spergelord.

is Ewan McGreggor /ourguy/?

>1 is completely irrelevant to the story
It showed us how incompetent/unprepared Obi-Wan was for his job.

4 > 5 > 6 >>> 7 >> 3 >>>>>> 2 > 1

4: 10/10
5: 9/10
6: Same as OP but throne room scene is 10/10
7: 6/10
3: 3/10
2:1/10
1: -1/10

Pretty similar to OP I've just always preferred ANH to ESB, I respect your different opinion though friendo.

Yeah, they think canon can be transferred with IP rights.

I can tolerate people that don't like the prequels, but if you're one of those who claim Episode 2 was better than 1, you're completely delusional.

Very agreeable, I'd give R1 a 7/10

1 is objectively the worst

Anyone who puts 7 above the prequels is, as far as I'm concerned, a Disney shill. 7 completely invalidates everything that happened in the original trilogy. Everything they went through was for nothing.

Are we counting RO in the "main sequence" rankings now? Even though it's a spinoff?

4>5>6>7.5>3=1>2

7 is not canon, but I think I'd put it slightly above 2.

The creator chose to let Disney define canon.

Neckbeards on Sup Forums don't define canon.

this is objectively correct

Dubs of truth.

STICKY THIS

Eh, it's good enough to merit recognition, but I suppose nobody mentions that shitty CGI CW movie that made it to theaters. I seriously debated walking out of that trash.

You can't pass ownership on canon, just IP rights. It doesn't matter what the paper says, the story can only grow in the hands of its creator, you can't tell other people to tell your story, they're making theirs.

Star Wars =/= Disney's Star Wars

>ranking 7
>calling yourself a star wars fan

Pick one. Do you guys rank clipshows when talking about cartoons and anime?

2 was at least entertaining in a funny way but I find 1 to be so hard to get through, not a single thing happens for the entire movie until the Maul fight scene.

I don't disagree with you, but from a movie-watching standpoint TFA was at bearable and had a coherent plot (not that that's hard when you just steal the writing from another movie).

But yeah Disney are probably just trying to destroy the old characters legacy to make their characters the most 'badassest' ones.

The creator can do whatever he wants. You may not agree with it, but that does not change reality.

Disney is now in charge of defining Star Wars canon. Deal with it.

If you don't like the Pod racing, you either:

a) haven't seen it in a movie theater, because of age or because you're a newfag to Star Wars

b) have no heart / soul

c) are a hypocrite

Just saying.

Disney is in charge of Disney's Star Wars, not Star Wars. Sorry, son.

Pod racing was fucking crap you manchild. What the fuck. And this came out in 2001 so who the fuck is too young on a 18+ website? Projecting much?

Ep. 1 is a disaster. The only reason it isn't worse than Ep. 2 is because there was no forced romance.

d) don't like retarded kids

e) don't like retarded CGI scenes with no relevance to the plot

who called whom a star wars fan?

You sound like one of those retards chanting: "Not my president!"

It doesn't matter, you mouth-breathing retard. After you wipe the cummies off your glasses and beard I want you to try and use that minuscule millennial brain of yours and try to think about the consequences of considering anything churned out by the license holder as true canon.

Is this Kino?

"NOT MY PRESIDENT!"

If we were to consider only the Star Wars movies that don't have idiotic moments in them as the good ones, we'd only watch Ep. 5, since 6 had Ewoks which were as bad if not worse than Gungans and 4 had that shit-tier sword fight and deus ex machina (look, the death star has a very small hole that only you, Luke, can manage to shoot a missile through with the FORCE) moment.

reminder that the fate of the galaxy was decided by Qui Gon cheating at dice

And what's your point?

>Can't think critically so has to resort to memes
I have Sup Forums crossposters.

Lucas keeps saying he made it for kids, but I was a kid when I saw it and I was cringing hard as fuck the whole way through...

You're probably socially retarded, since every other kid loved that movie.

4>5>6>3>2>1>R1>7

Bring back George

that comes from Sup Forums, user

What does thinking critically have to do with objective facts? Disney now defines Star Wars canon. You can't change that.

kek

Prequel shills in full force tonight.

5>R1>4>6>>Clone Wars>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7

RO was not that good

This movie was pretty good however It was a little bit too long. if they cut the middle out or about a half hour then the movie would be good

If we're counting R1,

5 > 4 > R1 > 6 >>> 7 > 3 > 1 > 2