Gorillaz

Their first album was the best.
Humanz wasn't as bad as everyone said it was.
Demon days was too edgy.
Fight me.

Their debut album is mediocre
Plastic beach was their best
Humanz is okay

the only correct opinion

>Their first album was the best.

Put the bong down before you hurt yourself

am i the only person that loved humanz?

I enjoyed most of it, I wouldn't say I loved it

plastic beach was not as good as demon days.
Opinion on this topic probably boils down to your age when each album came out.

is it wrong that I want to fuck that girl monkey?

s/t>PB>DD>DSides>>Humanz>>>>>the Fall

DD>S/T>PB>Humanz> Fall

All Alone is Gorillaz' best song, deal with it

it's my favorite Gorillaz album. Plastic Beach is my least favorite (I became a fan when Demon Days came out)

it seems like most people tend to dislike the album that releases after they become a fan the most. Explains why all the people who loved PB so much really hate Humanz

Their albums have almost certainly dropped in quality, just due to a lack of coherency on the direction they want to take it. Humanz is an album of singles. The narrative over the length of Demon Days, however, is what makes it their best album. Or, at the very least, Damon Albarn's best album.

I really don't think that's true at all. Plastic Beach lacks a lot of consistency and coherency but I think Humanz definitely has it. It's more of a direct concept album than any other Gorillaz album and the pacing is pretty stellar the whole way through.

hmmm, that's interesting. I'd call Plastic Beach their most coherent and conceptual album

Humanz follows a progression of "party at the end of the world descending into chaos" pretty succinctly to me, while Plastic Beach has general environmental themes throughout but I don't think they really go anywhere. I'd be interested in seeing what you think evolves throughout the album

For me PB isn't so much about the destination as it is the stops along the way. the end result may leave little resolution, but the songs adherence to beachy vibes always hooks me. Basically it feels like their album with the least filler

that's interesting, I always thought PB had the most filler. White Flag, Stylo, Broken, and To Binge all feel like padding to me.

November Has Come is best off of that album. GTFO my /mu.

Same fag

OP is objectively correct

Humanz (feat. Gorillaz) wasn't that great. I know Gorillaz has been pretty political in the past, but Humanz took it a bit too far and suffers because Albarn took a backseat to the guests. At least Demon Days didn't literally name G.W. Bush and let the listener work it out themselves instead of
>Obama is gone, who is left to save us?

Replace Carnival, Let Me Out, and Sex Murder Party with something else, swap in Out of Body and Ticker Tape [didn't expect Carly Simon of all people to be on a Gorillaz album]

humanz was way too much about quantity over quality if half the tracks were culled and the overt politics made more vague then the album would probably be just above PB

I think Let Me Out is one of the best songs on the album personally

Humanz feels less like a Gorillaz album than The Good The Bad And The Queen
Also The Fall is utter trash