So how the fuck did Luke CURVE his shot into the Death Star's exhaust port?

So how the fuck did Luke CURVE his shot into the Death Star's exhaust port?

If this film was made today, people would tear this shit apart.

Defend this.

the force

he used the force, did you not watch the film?

Fuck off. He was barely aware of the Force.

Because Gaelin willed it

he just had to get them in front of the vent and near it, the force of the vacuum going into the vent was enough to suck in the torpedo

it rolled on the surface and the death stars gravity pulled it down.

It was an EXHAUST vent.

How did child Anakin race his pod when he wasn't aware of the force?

>what is a guided munition

How well documented are the mechanics of Proton Torpedoes? They might curve as a normal function. Consult Wookiepedia.

He literally had Obi-Wan telling him to use the force immediately before doing it and you still can't fucking pick up on the fact that he used the force.

You're a fucking moron.

This is total bullshit.

It wasn't until The Empire Strikes Back that the Force was shown to have psycho kinetic properties (Luke pulling the light sabre out of the snow in the Wampa lair is a first for the saga).

Previously, in A New Hope, the Force was only shown to have tele kinetic or suggestive properties.

It's exahust. It sucks stuff in, including photon torpedos

Suck =/= Vent

Kek this is true.

Force fags BTFO.

They're fucking "torpedoes" you idiots. Torpedoes are self-propelled and have a controlled homing trajectory. The whole "proton" part is to make it look and sound all sci-fi

Seriously, you people are fucking morons

Proton torpedos are programmed iirc

I still don't get why they had to fly into the trench and didn't just go on a direct course from above. Was it shielded everywhere but from within the trench?

darth vader willed it down the port so tarkin would get killed

/thread

everything was designed to counter a direct assault.

a small round about attack is just enough to get through the defense.

Yet, not a single skilled, battle-hardened pilot in Rogue Squadron could bend the fucking bullet like they trained in Wanted.

They had a minimum amount of turbolaser fire going through the trench, if they went from above they would have like 100 times the guns shooting at them.

if they were guided why was it such a big deal that he had to shoot it at just the right time

Well fuck. I hadn't even thought of that.

Then how come only Luke could make the shot? If these things had guidance systems and could turn on a dime then the first pilot should have been able to make the shot easily.

Vader choked that guy in the first Star Wars. Kinetic functions were already established.

Proton torpedoes have tracking, play a star wars game

>exhaust
>sucks stuff in
Like your faggotty ass I'm assuming

To lock onto the exhaust port, and calculate and program the torpedoes trajectory.

basically this

bf2 is canon

They wouldn't have attempted it if nobody could make the shot.

They were hinting that the computer was not able to calculate the right time to hit, thats why Luke needed to use the force to know when to fire.

Even the most advanced weapon can miss, the force guided the torpedo but it was fully capable of hitting without it. Why would they send them at all if it was impossible to do with the weapons they had?

By this logic, any faggot pilot could have fired a shot down that trench and it would have gravitated into the hole.

Hey Luke, no need to use the Force, just blindly fire, it will get sucked in anyway.

Why wasn't there a grated vent on the port like normal vents to allow exhaust flow but to block solid objects.

Yeah, it's because look was a talented natural born pilot and believed in himself. It was half luck and half skill that saved the day and the whole message was about believing in yourself and something greater. Besides, only one guy tried and failed before Luke. It's amazing how you supposedly grown men can't pick up on something that kids 40 years ago inherently understood. At this point, I legitimately believe people are by and large getting dumber and dumber. Nuclear Holocaust when?

because gaylen purposely designed it to be retarded and no one second guessed it during construction.

Vader could have simple been mind-fucking the guy telepathically like a hypnotist. It's necessarily psyco kinetic. That stil comes under tele kinesis.

Look up what "kinetic" means and report back to me

No you dumbass its like a putt shot.

Did you mouth drooling retards not watch the movie? The computer couldn't accurately determine the range because it was 2 meters wide. Only a precise hit was needed and everyone groaned it was impossible. Had it not been for Luke using the Force, they wouldve right.

>explained in the movie
OP is confirmed Millennial who has never seen the movie.

It's a children's film

>Consult Wookiepedia
I already know what chairs are

Cuz it was size of a wamp rat

>calls others mouth drooling retards
>believes that the rebels took on a mission where the shot was actually impossible
>they don't even send luke to take the first shot
Bravo! It wasn't impossible, it was difficult. Luke didn't curve the torpedo, he used the force to feel the exact moment he needed to fire. Other pilots would have used the computer to approximate and try to hit it themselves.

But what about big fat alien tits?

Ur a fucking idiot

>Bravo! It wasn't impossible, it was difficult
It was impossible. It was a fucking suicide mission did you not get that? But the rebels didnt have much choice because Leia brought them straight to Yavin. It was all or nothing since everything was spent on Scariff.

>Luke didn't curve the torpedo
It's a torpedo. It tracks targets but the area was too small for a precise hit. They tell you how extremely difficult this is. Luke used the Force but otherwise the mission was impossible for the Rebels.

The photon torpedo is a guided munition designed to engage much larger targets than the exhaust vent. This is why shot placement was so critical, as fired too late, or too soon, would not allow them to successfully enter and transit the exhaust vent. Specific targeting data would be input prior to firing.

They used the trench system to approach and engage the target due to the fact that it would provide them with some measure of cover from enemy fighters, as at least they wouldn't have to worry about being engaged from beneath them as they approached the target.

Are you forgetting that Luke didn't plan on using the force to make the shot? His confidence came entirely from when he used to bull's-eye womp rats in his T16 back home. Making the shot was difficult for ragtag rebel pilots, but certainly not impossible. I can rarely hit a bull's-eye in darts, but if I had half a dozen other guys throwing two darts each, we'd have a realistic shot at hitting it.

>I have no counter argument, so I'll accuse him of being attracted to men.

have you ever actually peed in a toilet without spraying it all over the seat? its sorta like that

The film was 1977 though, long before missile technology.

?

are you dumb?

>what is V2

I mean nice b8

Please tell me this is bait

That's a rocket, not a missile. Learn the difference.

Could you pee into the bowl without hitting the seat while peeing 50000000 miles an hour?

Guided missiles were in use in the 60's, user, and, like the photon torpedos in Star Wars, had to be fired under certain criteria in order to be effective.

Nigger my grandpa helped test and develop the sind winder missle in the 60's

>The V-2 (German: Vergeltungswaffe 2, "Retribution Weapon 2"), technical name Aggregat 4 (A4), was the world's first long-range[4] guided ballistic missile.

Shame about his progeny.

The missles where programmed to do that. He used the force only to aim the precise time to shoot them. He shoot them in the exact time and they turned automatically as they where programmed to, in the right spot.

checked

The combination of his X-Wings targeting system and using the force

Then they'd be open to every laser battery that could see their approach. Even if they don't expect anyone to attack that vent an approach from above would still be covered by every laser that just happens to be in the area.

They had to approach from above somewhere though, if not directly above the exhaust port.

They needed a run up for targeting the port though. If they started that from above they'd probably get rekt.

Then they should have all just covered the Falcon and let it do it seeing as it arrives and leaves right above with no damage.