Does Art Exist?

I heard that a person who denies the exsistence of art is called an atechneist.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techne
twitter.com/AnonBabble

EPIC thread, user.

Does anything truly exist?

The whole essence of music as an artistic form of expression is to extract emotion for listeners to resonate with. Every true musician, artist, and band creates music with the sole intention of conveying emotions via the message and meaning of the song, so people could either contemplate how it relates to their intrinsic existence as a human, or regard a song as jovial fun and exuberance. In fact, art is what happens when dreams transcend our existence into a state of emotion we've never, or have yet to experience in our daily lives. Fantasies about the wand levitating the orbs to their sockets in order to unlock that marrow staircase to the door of lies is art. A sword that heals death lives in art. The palms of deities providing eternal slumber is art. Art is what happens when you learn to dream.

Keeping the last sentiment in mind, let's observe what makes video games an art form. Combining elements of many styles of other existing art forms, video games provide much more emotions for people to resonate with than others. Video games, in this regard, are primarily an interactive art. The graphics of video games can utilize virtually any and all established painting art forms (look at the impressionism of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for example). Along with this, the plot/narrative of games take the conflicts, actions and climaxes of literature to a more extreme form. Now the player gets to manipulate the narrative to whatever he so desires. To further enhance the plot, cutscenes serve as short films for the actions of the protagonist to follow. Film noir, mystery and science fiction are some of the ideas that video game cutscenes utilize. And finally, the music, as aforementioned, serves to enhance the emotional ambience together. In short, these combinations serve as an even greater existence of the human condition than most other forms of art.

These dubs exist.

That ain't a fuckin word and yeah. I asked Google motherfucker

shoot yourself in the knee and find out

Nope there's no such thing as art
Your friend is a genius
Wow

"shoot yourself in the knee and find out"
great I'll do it with a bow XD

techne isn't art
techne is know-how, putting stuff together, skills

perhaps anagonist?
anariston?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techne
plausible?

just want to point out it was nobody I knew who told me this,

HAHA I'm using this, hilarious irony. nobody denies it exists, but should we? hahahah!

>aggrandizing Zelda
HELLO SOYBOY

lol

unanimously agreeing that art exists is not healthy for art maybe?? I think he's nuts, but yeah you do what you want. haha

Does food exist?
Does music exist?
Does I exist?

The real question is.. does Car'l Sagan exist? I looked for him and only found Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Does Jeff Magnum exist? xD

It's a potato.

Art is anything created and interpreted to be so

not an argument

>essence
as >only
>resonate
>conveying
>intrinsic
>sentiment
nice pre-grad vocab, learn to say what you really think and know what you're actually saying
I %100 agree with your ideas but damn that was painful to read

go to your local fedoratipping community for argument

The concept of art is actually really recent. It was an invention of the west.

In ancient times there was no such thing as "art" .

Music and drawings from back then were to preserve history, culture, done out of religious faith

It was only in western Europe when the feudal aristocracy would commission people to do portraits or make music does the concept of art appear.

The original western ideal of art was to create a thing of beauty.

And then somewhere around the 1960's postmodernism kicked in yo and they was all like "art is subjective mannnnnn" "like, what if i made art for other purposes besides pleasing rich cunts.

And this is what people call modern art.

The 2deep4u stuff people fucking despise.

Process art, concept art, abstract art, performance art.

Shit like that.

I suspect in the future art will evolve again due to artists being replaced by AI and computers. Then i think art will become people who program things, or make robots, or virtual reality.

At least thats what i have thought of

The only relevant materials which exist extrinsic to interpretation are media, art itself only exists if your definition of existence excludes subjective constructs. But consider other subjective constructs which you must exclude e.g. knowledge.

In this way information is like a medium for knowledge as an art.

Tl;dr if art doesn't 'exist' then neither does knowledge

exactly with these types, and argue about your philosophy

The More I know the more I realize I know nothing. what is knowledge but bias that we choose in order to better suit our own internalization of reality?

derrida already took kant to task on this one.
u dumb

>derrida already took kant to task on this one.
what was the outcome

it kinda feels like the burden of proof is on the artist.

hahahaha! What self respecting artist would believe in something like art? is that what you're saying?

>The original western ideal of art was to create a thing of beauty.
This is highly misleading and reductionist.
>abstract art
>around 1960's
Ah, yes, I recall Kandinsky, Kupka, or Čiurlionis making the breakthroughs with abstraction roughly around that time.

Jesus fucking christ you retarded cretin, read a book.

>filename
it's not a nightmare you faggot it's sleep paralysis

>first paragraph
this is the most pretentious thing I've read all week
>second paragraph, first sentence
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>(look at the impressionism of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for example)
Vague and flat textures (that have nonetheless their details traced clearly) and a world rendered with a cartoonish sensibility is decisively not the same thing as an impressionist painting that relies on a suggestive brushwork.

art exists for yourself , your own concept exists, rather than one unified human concept