Star Trek movies general

I really liked the (2009) one, and Into Darkness (2013)

What went wrong with Beyond? It felt nothing like the other two in terms of tone. Why are they holding out on romulans/klingons. It's not like they are smash-hits with 10 year movie franchise potential. Also where the fuck is my waifu?

Plebs love bombastic war movies, bring in one with the classic villains would surely bring the best box office numbers of all the films.

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/new/Star-Trek-4-Happening-Which-Great-News-Financially-Its-Stars-72258.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it had a different director you retard

all of the reboot movies are shit, even worse than the TNG flicks

the idea of bringing back the TOS crew as young adults is fanfiction-tier garbage and should never have been greenlit

I know that ffs. But it was all off still, and Simon Pegg as a writer was a huge fucking mistake and replacing Roberto Orci was stupid. Pegg turned Scotty into fucking Poochie and Justin Lin just don't get it.

>Someone who likes the Star Trek reboots calling other people plebs

Beyond production was extremely rushed, and had re-writes. It was originally supposed to be Orci, but then Paramount meddled and they parted ways.

Pegg+other guy wrote it in a few months before it started filming and it shows.

I haven't even see Into Darkness or Beyond yet. How bad of a Star Trek fan am I?

They aren't really Star Trek movies, so not that bad.

Beyond is better than the previous 2, however. Into Darkness is particularly awful.

All 3 of the reboots are fantastic action movies.

>Mission Impossible in space

4th movie when?

You're not so bad after all. Anyone who saw 2009 and thought "mmm, yes please give me more" is unsalvageable

Beyond was alright imo but the first half of the movie is much better than the 2nd half

kinda bad, those 2 movies are really great.

perfect neckbeard virgin filters.

into darkness was pretty bad

no

Lol

Just watch em, then u can hate afterwards. Maybe u'll think they're okay even.

Into Darkness is the best one imo.

Is this a meme? Into Darkness is fucking terrible.

I have always dislikes star trek and star wars but I actually liked these movies. the last one got a bit tedious, especially with all the edgy camera angles

Based on their typing skills I'd imagine they're genuine retards. These movies only appeal to normies

Beyond is one of the worst movies ever made

I'm going to watch it but not pay any money to watch it because I don't want buyers remorse and I'm poor. I heard Darkness had a lot of references in it. Is that true? I remember the first movie talked about Archer and his dog and I got a kick out of that.

agreed

You're not so bad yourself. On the otherhand I am in fact a huge piece of shit.

Darkness is the worst one by far. Literally swaps kirk's and Spock's roles in the story for absolutely no reason other than subverting expectations and turns Spock into the exact opposite of what the character is

Beyond is best nuTrek no contest

Nah it was nice. Just because it's not according to your old headcanon doesn't mean it sucks.

Admiral Marcus, Pike, Khan were all nice characters.

>muh consistency with a 50 year old tv show, even though this one is set in a different timeline

>Showcasing Spock and Khan as actual badasses and not just posturing memelords is bad

Real talk TOS characters had one dimensional boring as fuck personalities. What made the show memorable was the hardcore sci-fi elements and Gene's vision for the future. If they want to change Spock up good on them.

>nice

That's a really informative descriptor, user.

Fine. They were GOOD CHARACTERS WHO WERE CLEARLY ILLUSTRATED AND YOU UNDERSTOOD THEIR MOTIVATIONS AND WERE ALL LIKEABLE.

Marcus was right. Klingon holocaust when?

I think my big problem with the movie was that khan was a shit character that did all kind of kraaazy kaaaartwheels and could fire like two guns at once. that and spock is not a compelling lead, or nuspock isn't i guess. he's logical we get it

the word likeable pisses me off. You can have a good well rounded character and still not like them. Did the character demonstrate agency? Did the character have a concise goal they wanted to obtain? Did the character serve a purpose in the story to help move the plot forward?

I don't think I count having Spock punch someone in the face repeatedly as particularly compelling character development.

The big problem is that they tried to do a half--assed remake of Wrath of Khan in the first place.

New director and it was the dumbest of the 3. And this is comparing it to a movie where the villain's blood could reanimate the dead well after they passed, regardless of reason.

What's that? You drowned in your own fluids as your internal organs bled into your body cavity due to massive radiation poisoning? Better get some magic blood. I mean it works ok Tribbles, an entirely different species which might not even be Carbon based, so it should work on you right? After brain death.

English is not my first language. But likeable as in; you could understand their viewpoints and you'll most likely agree with some their ambitions.

Yes, yes and yes

Balthazar from Babylon (your pic made me think of him) is a good point of reference here. He was a complete, unapologetic piece of shit. But his motivations usually made sense, he struggled to obtain his goals, etc.

I was always interested to see him, even though I hate him.

It was fucking awful, the introductory scene with Khan being some one man army acrobat was hilarious, not amazing.

2009>Beyond>Into Darkness.

IMO Beyond was a better Star Trek sequal than Rogue One was for Star WARS.

>Holodecks, borg, teleportation and literal gods are alright
>Regenerative superhuman blood isn't

He was on a respirator, than a cryotube, and they did blood transfusions afterwards

But it was good though. He was an actual superhuman in all aspects, not just a smart indian fellow.

You know Cinderella? She is a nice princess, a good person, and I agree with her morals but she is a bad character because she doesn't do anything. Magic just happens to her.

A good character does stuff to move the plot along. They make decisions and effect the plot rather than the plot have an effect on them. Even if you don't agree with their decisions they are interesting because they demonstrate agency and are compelling because of it.

Fuck I'm high.

>Holodecks
VR will never be a thing
>Borg
People with technology implanted in their bodies will never be a thing
>Teleportation
Transition of data and 3d printers will never be a thing
>Literal gods
Creatures with technology sufficient to appear as magic to the less advanced will never be a thing

But magic blood, which can resuscitate living creatures, regardless of species? Also, didn't they have a bunch of Khan's crew? What was stopping them from just using some of their magic blood which defeats all death?

Checkm8

Talk shit about Julian Bashir one more time and I will have the entire Obsidian Order at your house in less than five minutes.

>Also where the fuck is my waifu?

The alien in Beyond was way cuter. That was the ONE thing Beyond had going for it.

Take it back right now

Are u swedish? They were on tv last night and tonight. I didn't like the third one either, it was better than disneymarvel movies but meh...

>Khan teleports from Earth to Kronos because teleporter magic.
>Why even have starships?
>Into Darkness is a good movie

Beyond was the most painfully generic summer quip-buster I've ever seen

It was watchable I guess, but that's it

They did that in the first one too mate. It's a one way ticket.

Not if you have a _portable_ transwarp transporter, like Khan.

He's magic in so many ways. :^)

Better than old Khan desu ;d

Why cant they make anthology films?
Like a movie about the TNG crew with a brand new cast

Im sick of the rebooted JJ time travelling universe

cinemablend.com/new/Star-Trek-4-Happening-Which-Great-News-Financially-Its-Stars-72258.html

>THR quotes sources that say that Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto, who play Captain James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock respectively, have renegotiated their deals to now include Star Trek 4. With the move comes raises, with new salaries of about $6 million for each actor – significant increases of what they made for Star Trek and its sequel, Star Trek Into Darkness. The trade reports that Pine earned $600,000 for his role in the initial Trek movie, primarily because no one knew if J.J. Abrams’ timeline reset would work. He was pair $1.5 million for Into Darkness, and will make an alleged $3M for Star Trek Beyond. The number just keeps climbing as the franchise soldiers on.

Why the fuck did Bashir agree to give Quark a vagina?

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

Good. I hope Orci or JJ directs next one.

God. Why is he so cute?

Beyond is the best new Trek 2bh

Ya know, sometimes TOS had a retarded way of resolving situations and simply making them "disappear" afterwards.

This episode in particular is absurd. They have literally a serum that accelerates the human body and mind, such to the effect that are moving fast enough to dodge phaser beams (ya know, speed of light and all) and to repair an entire ship in the matter of a minute, and they have the counterragent to return to normal too, and they NEVER use it afterwards?

They never secretly patent this or keep it hidden as a Federation weapon or ANYTHING?

This would literally make them invincible. Anytime they entire battle, they could have an emergency team that could drink em up and be the quick repairs group. They'd never lose a fight.

I mean, sometimes TOS's whole 'monster of the week' thing can be perplexing.

>me
>in charge of remembering my pic

Its not. I have a black belt in star trek

Every single Trek series did this.

Old trekkies are what talibans are to islam. they are hard to please.

Beyond was far better than into darkness, if you liked that movie more you're a confirmed pleb

2009>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the others

I agree, but TOS did it far more often than the others, almost to a comic degree at times that I felt like the writers were making a joke when clearly in retrospect they were trying to create something outlandish and formidable (or just unlike anything you've seen before). The ramifications of next week was clearly not on their minds.

I also find it telling that the first thing that a lot of the old trekkies do when someone brings up TOS in a negative fashion is to just say "at least it's not Voyager" or "yeah, but that's why we love it, teehee".

So little objectivity when talking about the show; I get the nostalgia factor but you have to admit that for all it's greatness and accomplishment it was still very flawed and half of the episodes are hard to get through because of how laughable the action scenes are or the aliens or even the script in general.

Into Darkness is probably the best one. Beyond was passable but not great. Really, the casting in these movies as a reboot is really good. All of the actors "feel" like they are doing their characters right. It's just a complete shame that the kid playing Chekov died in that car accident, as he was really fun in the movies. RIP.

Shame they couldn't commandeer USS Venegance. That crew needs a better ship than the enterprise pacifist class, keeps getting all the time.

I got a fucking boner when it caught up them in warp speed and blasted them.

Oops wrong pic

I don't remember much of into darkness all I remember was not understanding why it was so hated and considered it okay overall.

2009 was enjoyable and well made, made me forgive it for not even really being trek

I totally forgot about beyond is it worth watching?

Yeah I guess. But it made me miss JJ Abrams and Orci/Kurtzman. Didn't think I'd say that.

Justin Lin is the most obvious hack in Hollywood.

When people say racist shit like "Asians aren't creative" he's the quintessential example for those bigots.

The artificial lighting, the lens flares, the programmed "shaking" and CGI camera movements.

He is copy pasting everything he's ever learned from other people and that's why he's PERFECT for Fast and Furious or Star Trek or any other factory churned box office blockbuster with a huge budget and mostly visuals and sound editing above story and narrative.

Star Trek Into Darkness was god awful for a ton of reasons and not the direction.

The script and story was utter shite. Abrams doesn't write this garbage, he just says "has the studio transferred my money" then says action.

That being said, I love Star Trek and would do anything to give the people that put the name and logo on any production my money and time and I thought it was great (the movie).

>tfw no heterochromia gf

I thought the first one was boring, but with a 95% RT apparently its the best of them.

Jaylah is the best thing about Beyond.

Justin is a great director for ensemble action casts

People actually think beyond was worse than into darkness?

>"general"
So, you don't know what a fucking general thread is, do you, faggot?

If you like the new films you can't consider yourself a Star Trek fan.

>I really ikebana that hook nose jew hack JJ Abrams

eat shit and promptly die you faggot nigger

I like the new films and gatekeeping is the ultimate form of faggotry

why even live ?