No opening text crawl

>No opening text crawl
>Slow, boring, dreadful first half
>Black guy dies first
>Le quip quirky epic robot for comedic relief
>Did they ever even say what the fucking blind asian guys name was?
>Only one light saber in the ENTIRE film
>CGI Tarkin was awful looking and distracting

Sup Forums will still defend this film and call it better than ep. 7

Yes. Aymwanwithufors Thuforsiswanwithmi

Is this a funny post/tv/?

I thought he was constantly introducing himself as "Juan with the force."

Battle was cool

>no crawl
>no classic opening music

The opening music was like one of those moments when someone is trying to hum a tune they've forgotten so all you hear is crap.

you failed the pleb filter, pleb

They said his name at least twice.

why is she so perfect, bros

I thought that chinese ninja jedi guy's friend was a big tough mexican until I saw the credits and realized he was another chinese guy.

Is that like, a mongol or something? Or was it just makeup making him look tan? He's pale as fuck on wikipedia.

because she doesn't overstep her bounds

>not a negative
>like first third had pacing problems, I give you that
>robot was likeable and funny
>yes
>that's a positive
>I agree

Yeah the opening title was really awkward

>>Only one light saber in the ENTIRE film

thats a good thing

really?

i hope this is a joke.
why couldnt they have a crawl and the star wars fanfare?

He introduces himself as Chirrut Imwe and his buddy calls his name a few times but admittedly it's very easy to miss because not only is it a strange name but every time they say it it's muddled

SJWs hate this film

REAL MEN like Alex Jones love it

Prove me wrong

Advice for professionals- Its not within the realm of possibility to do so

>>No opening text crawl

I guess it's supposed to reserved for mainline films? Is it daring to remove it? Not really, but I think the movie really could have used it. Fuck, they even need the 20th Century Fox Fanfare to be proper Star Wars.

fuck off /pol

It actually sounds like what parodies do when they're trying to sound like Star Wars, but intentionally get the notes wrong.

>no lightsabers

>no opening text crawl

>star wars spinoff

I haven't seen the movie, but I like the way it sounds already. I'll go see it tomorrow, thanks for the recommendation, OP!

I just marathoned it, 10/10 jokeno

>Only one light saber in the ENTIRE film

This is a good thing. Star Wars isn't about lightsabers you fucking mongoloid.

DUDE LIGHTSABERS LMAO DUDE WHERE ARE THE LIGHTSABERS HOW DO I KNOW ITS STAR WARS IF EVERYONE ISN'T HOLDING A LIGHTSABER

DUDE LIGHTSABERS LMAO

And it was the absolute best use of a saber in the entire franchise

Vader is a beast

>no lightsabers

It's not really a spinoff. The movie takes place between episode 3 and 4.

AT-STS AT-STS AT-STS AT-STS

>show lady with mystical crystal necklace
>show magic monk show interest in crystal necklace
>later learn he protects and studies said crystals
>later learn he also is very wise in the force and uses a staff as a weapon
>get the audience hyped he is going to use her crystal to make a ghetto saber and either demolish some empire fags or get demolished by Vader like a fag
>nope they both die separately and the crystal is never mentioned again lol

I was hoping they wouldn't use it.

Disney still has the common sense to keep the best parts of the franchise from running into the ground. Seeing the crawl 6 times in under a decade would completely devalue it.

i love felicity jones

She used the crystal to like pray the shuttle access code would work, right?

I have never seen star wars shit and I liked this movie

my dad thought the same thing

>board that masturbates over better call Saul's slow burn, claiming normies can't handle anything that doesn't pander to their ADD
>hates on starwars for being slower at the start to introduce it's new characters
>will then claim those characters aren't as developed as the OT characters who were simple archetypes built up over 3 movies
Shiggy fucking diggy.

Is this what I thought about it?

Fuck it, you got digits. RO1 confirmed shit

Agreed. Plus, they are going to expand the universe and polish it with a bunch of side movies right?
Not every side story can have background info for the crawl. I mean sure they can whip up some shit, but at that point it's just useless filler.

Keep the crawl only for the episodes.

I'd still consider it a spinoff because while it does contribute some relevance to the main story, the people it follows are self contained. Their stories end.

It doesn't have effect in the overall story really at all

That's what I got. Focused her force powers or something to get the Jedi mind trick to work

Nice blog, faggot

k

>Slow, boring, dreadful first half
>Black guy dies first

kys

If you think this movie is worse than episode 7 then you are literally a retard.

Like your mom drank, smoked, snorted coke, injected heroin and fell down the stairs and you somehow came out of the womb alive. that's how retarded you have to be to think this movie was worse.

>CGI Tarki
wtf?????

He was CGI'd??????

I would've preferred zero lightsabers. Sick of every Star Wars movie having to be the same exact thing every single time.

TFA was 4/10
RO is 6/10

ANH 8/10
ESB 10/10
RotJ 8/10

Yes, Rogue One was better than TFA by 2 points

>decide to kill urso father for no reason other than
>He's building a weapon, maybe if we kill im it will stop being built

are the rebel's really that retarded?

>using an objective point scale to define a subjective movie going experience

what a pleb

if there were no lightsabers, the movie would have made 0 sense

>TFA was 2/10
>RO is 6.9/10

ftfy

Maybe my expectation was so low because tfa but I thought it was great. Story ends, Vader teaser, cool space battle, rebel fighters, imperial politics, little LOL XD JKS, various imperial planets, two nukes, and direct tie into anh

this

I went in expecting that TFA would be a heartless shill and attempt to cash in on the nostalgia previous movies

I got a competent movie

I went into rouge 1 expecting the same thing, and I got what I expected

why is R1 the ultimate pleb filter?

The Empire needs more badass moments. I didn't feel like anyone was in danger the first half of the film cuz they would just wreck groups of stormtroopers single handed. 1st the end I was almost afraid Jyn and that other guy were going to escape somehow due to how well the movie has been going for them

>No opening text crawl
You faggots criticized Disney to no end for being derivative. You don't get to bitch out now when they change up the formula.

RO better than TFA if only for Jyn's dumper

Post it

>AYOOO HOL UP SO YOU BE SAYING

It's different so I HATED IT!

>she wll never grate your penis with her cute buckteeth

It was leagues better than The Shit Ashitens, please don't imply otherwise

>the Empire needs more badass moments
>literally kills every main character

Blind asians name was "Mi No Si"

Am I the only one who thinks the blaster fire from the guns (especially from the first half of the movie) sounded very weak.

No fight scene with Juan and Vader was disappointing.

A lot of the music was like this
It was the same classic score but they'd change one thing in the middle throwing the whole thing horribly off

>"BOR GULLET!"

I agree with this
I didn't like the movie but Its refreshing not having a trillion fucking lightsabers everywhere

The asains were fucking pointless and detracted from the movie. The "badass" one went out like a total bitch and hardly did anything and Master Fu was even worse
>oh the blind guy operates the master switch! Truly no one will expect this dramatic irony!

Black guy might as well have not been in the movie. It could've been an interesting take to have a "dark side" to their rebellion showing that they're not universal good guys but they just kinda suggest something of the sort and don't DO or show anything with him.
I feel like this is a reoccurring problem with the film as they have some good ideas that they only utilize in the shallowest laziest way possible

>RotJ 8/10

The beginning and ending were great, the middle was atrocious. 7 would be generous.