Videogames are now more kino than movies are

>videogames are now more kino than movies are

Really makes you think

youtube.com/watch?v=uPP1e7hOyik
youtube.com/watch?v=0KeKFc0xGr8

Other urls found in this thread:

cracked.com/blog/5-things-video-games-do-better-than-any-other-forms-art_p2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kill yourself soulscuck, your games are nothing more than a mediocre Berserk rip off

>He doesn't know

shawn, I'm USARMY

Looks okay but I've seen a lot of better scenes in games

Is there a character whose had a harder life than Guts?

wtf I love video games now

Cinema has long been surpassed as a medium of entertainment and experience. Stop living in the stone age grandpas

Never played those games but that was cool as shit

>player, shoot this guy
>ok
>DUDE WHY DID YOU SHOOT THIS GUY YOU'RE SO FUCKING BAD DUDE HAHA SO DEEEEEEP

is there a character with better characterization than guts?

oh yeah all of em

GTAV is kino.

name one

USARMY, HIS ARMY

Griffith

>God Tier
Literature
Music
Film
Painting

>High Tier
Fashion design
Sculpture
Photography
Architecture
Industrial design
Textiles

>Mid Tier
Theater
Calligraphy
Dance
Cuisine
Interior design (as a concept)
Conceptual art
Graphic design

>Useless Shit Tier
Television
Ceramics
Glassware
Woodworking
Printmaking
Jewelry
Fretwork
Metal work
Ivory Carving

>Not Even Art Tier
Videogames

>muh dream

care to backup those arguments? The Last of Us proved, not shattered the belief and concept that videogames cannot be art and has utterly destroyed the barrier between artful storytelling via interaction and movies. The Last of Us will be remembered generations from now as the pioneer in starting this movement

Who the fuck wants to play a movie?

That's why I hate vidya nowadays. It's 80% cutscenes.

>nowadays

ah it's that word again

Except it didn't do it by being a videogame, it did it by having very detailed cutscenes. Sorry, but that's not achieving a new form of art, it's just aping an existing one. Neither is giving the player an obvious diverging choice once in a while, that's just the equivalent of alternate scenes. If games want to truly be art they have to be able to do so on their own terms, as games, not by selling out what makes a game truly a game in favor of pretending to be a movie.

TLoU was complete shit.

>watch cutscenes
>move ladders
>watch more cutscenes
>watch more and more cutscenes
>move more ladders

This is what the youtube generation thinks is good gaming because they watch people play it on Twitch. Go play fucking Resident Evil 2 or Silent Hill.

>50 minutes
When will Sup Forums have its mod firing revolution like Sup Forums just did?

Reminder he dindu nuffin.

Uh, nowadays vidya = cutscenes. Back then, vidya = gameplay

>useless shit tier
>Ceramics
>Glassware
uh....

by dollar value alone videogames has proven that it is the superior choice in terms of art and entertainment

why do you keep posting this shit
guy's an sjw cuck anyway

Did Guts ever have sex after Slan raped him?

lol'd

>18 hours to finish LOTR
am I a slow reader or something? That shit took me at least 3 hours a day for a month.

Speedreaders. They take absolutely no time to appreciate the craft and only read this fast so they can brag about it.

Also he probably read lotr in 30 hours but for this drawing he went "yeah six hours a book sounds badass"

/thread

IF I TAKE THAT CHRONON SOURCE, WILL YOU DIE?!?!?!

>liking the worst girl
This should be forbidden tbqh

There are a handful of games I'd consider to be art, but not many. Chiefly, Bloodborne and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

What is this retarded stuff nowadays? Weird mutant undead stuff in dark tones is all games make.

It doesn't even make sense. It's designed for people riddled with ADHD

You're an imbecile

>Music
>God-tier
INTO THE TRASH YOU GO.

Oh come on. I can believe games can be art and all that, but the last of us is pure trash and a perfect example of games desperately trying to be like movies and falling short in every aspect

Oh look, it's the
>I judge art based on how many hours I get out of it
argument

and people wonder why gamers aren't taken seriously

Why is this allowed, but not discussion of news/stuff that could go on Sup Forums?

>oh look it's the "I judge art based on how many hours I get out of it" argument
And where is that?

Stop defending your shit games that all look the same.

have to expand that list f-am

>Sup Forums isn't allowed on this board

Those threads stay up for the whole day

Should have been a bit more subtle

lmaoing @ your list bro

I don't which category is the worst
Well done

lol what is this edgy bullshit

Shame to do it they had to sacrifice good gameplay. If I wanted to watch a movie I'd watch a movie. I don't want a game with minimal gameplay that's competent at being a movie.

fixed

>crosses everything out in music but Kanye West and Mozart
Opinion discarded.

>they don't read out loud or at the very least sub-vocalize
FUCKING PLEBS
Actually pretty good, except music along with poetry should be in its own tier, call it transcendent or something.

>There's a rumoured collaboration between From Software and Miura
How does that feel, user?

None of that is music save for Yeezy and Mozart though.

They are tracks at best and especially trash like Bowie, Queen and The Beatles

The only objectionable thing here is crossing out "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" (2016).

I appreciate that you put Lain in the abime list. May I suggest adding Texhnolyze, from the same creators.
Also your film list is the worst thing I have ever seen, good job.

>t. didn't watch the videos
If you'd ever actually played a Souls game, you'd realize they're the farthest thing from "video game movies" there is.

It actually shows how boring and artless are video games.

>swing your sword
>dodge
>swing your sword again
>heal yourself
>dodge
>repeat ad nauseam
10/10 entertainment, would waste 120 hours of my life on it

Bad gameplay isn't much better than little gameplay.

This is the major paradox that stops most games from being art. If a game tries to tell a story, the outcome must be predetermined, thus rendering the "game" arbitrary, causing it to fail as a game. If a game has nothing predetermined IE minecraft, there is not art since the creator has no control

>the outcome must be predetermined, thus rendering the "game" arbitrary
That's like 90% of all games. Modern games are essentially interactive movies.

>it's yet another "DUDE VIDEO GAMES ARE/AREN'T ART" thread where every single poster has a different definition of art and just insists they're right over and over

Riveting.

In a broad sense video games are art, they are just poor art. Comic books tier art or maybe even lower.

this meme again

videogames aren't art though. Its why Sup Forums keeps making threads here instead of on actual full blown art boards like /lit/ or Sup Forums

How is this a meme? Most games just follow a story and you can't really change its outcome. You can just play through scripted events.

Gameplay is given a backseat even if it's not rare and most programmers need to be shot because games can never release anymore without being bugfests that need multiple patches to get to something that could be considered actually finished.

>poor art

not one of you plebs have even refuted one iota of my arguments ever since at the start of the thread. face it, your films and movies have been surpassed by videogames.

stay salty

Completely open world games are more often than not garbage and besides that games are mostly hallways. Also while it has been getting better recently games still don't have a lot of those "extraneous details" in your picture. If they do it's generally part of the plot like buildings in GTA that you can only enter during certain missions.

How can you push the images made by someone that turned on them simply because his girlfriend was effected by goobergater?

>cool
And this is why video games will never be as good as movies. Film can be more than just cheap entertainment, video games need to be entertaining for people to play them. The interactive part of video games creates numerous limitations.

Doesn't every movie, show, book or song have a predetermined ending?

>cracked.com/blog/5-things-video-games-do-better-than-any-other-forms-art_p2/
>cracked
hahaAHAHAHA

Some movies and books end ambiguously without a direct resolution.

What about a game that costs $60 with 8 hours or less of gameplay?

>one is able to impart lasting meaning the other is just fucking around for entertainment

We've had this thread before.
Videogames are not art.

i can still feel good about myself after reading a book or watching a tv series though. finishing playing a game at my age I get that sinking feeling like I ate a bucket of KFC by myself