>X-Wings are standard fighters
>Y-Wings are bombers

>A-Wings are..........??????

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Missile_Boat
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Maarek_Stele
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Interceptors.

Interceptors and scout ships. Faster than xwings but more vulnerable.

high-speed interceptors. They're considered so fast that it's practically suicide to fly one, iirc they're the only fighter faster than a TIE Interceptor.

You are correct, sir.

So then B-Wings are......

>C-Wings are..........??????

Utility fighter bombers

Fighter/bomber hybrid designed for multirole use. Admiral Akbar pushed for its production.

why do they look so retarded

Blunder of the century.

>ywn go that fast

What's so good about the falcon then?

heavy payload

because they call it a B when it's clearly a T

Really good hyperdrive and the ship itself is heavily modified.

Interceptors and recon. They trade armor and payload for pure speed, and are great in dogfights as a result. Did you never play rogue squadron?

It's a big ass smuggling freighter. It can carry dozens of people and cargo, has multiple laser turrets and heavy shielding, and likely higher hyperspace capability. These speeds are when ships are outside hyperspace.

What does TIE stand for?

Twin Ion Engine

Twin Ion Engine. I didn't have to google it because it's burned into my brain, but that's literally all you had to do user.

It can carry more than one person. It's not made to be a fighter it's a cargo ship for smuggling and long sojurns travelling the galaxy. Also in the movies they say it's a piece of junk, the fans made it out to be more than it is.

Actually they're called blade wings

>dad asks why TIE fighters have walls on their sides when they are blind sides

>mfw

>It can carry more than one person.

>U-Wing

the point is that it's very lucky due to plot armor, not that it's a good ship

All the other ships are short ranger fighters, the Falcon is a freighter. Those ships are pretty much just a cockpit whereas the Falcon has multiple rooms and compartments.

lmao Millennium Falcon is a piece of ship.

That would be relevant if space battles worked off visual range and not radar

He said the Millenium Falcon

U Wing carried more people in Rogue One than the Falcon did combined in all of its movies

But it's slow and not maneuverable. Plus hybrids are never very good at both things. Was Ackbar retarded?

Today I will remind them.

They pack a lot of firepower and have better shields than Y-Wings, they just aren't as fast.

>pretending the TIE Defender wasn't the sickest shit

Re-canonized.

Striker =/= Defender

Fuck off defender fags.

missleboat will cuck you again.

Not what I'm referring to.

The Skipray Blastboat?

The only part of Star Wars I nostalgia fag over is the TIEFighter game. It feels good to have anything from it come back.

Standard fighters that are a bit faster but give up 2 blasters.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Missile_Boat

>a bit

it's 1.5x as fast

I am "that guy" when it comes to SW. I just geek out in regards to anything relating to it, I was the kid reading EU novels on the bus from school, back when those shitty KJA novels were brand-new.

I want to see the Punisher in action. That thing has so many armaments it's stupid.

and now I find out that the pc from TieFighter actually had an ongoing storyline. Thanks wookiepedia autists!
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Maarek_Stele

Y-Wing upgrade. Y-Wings are Old-Republic Era refurbished.

B-Wings are supposed to be pretty maneuverable as well since the wing rotates around the cockpit, it's not fixed.

>want to buy some star wars ships toy
>LEGO X-wing is $80

jesus kids toys are so pricey nowadays

I always liked the b-wing look when it's in action, the whole constantly gyro-scoping the body around a fixed cockpit looked alien and futuristic.

its clearly a cross, why arn't they called jesus wings?

Don't you mean Anakin Wings?

Lego has always been insanely over-priced. I wanted to get nieces/nephews a big fancy set, but holy fuck I might as well just get them a video game console for that money and be the ultimate uncle.

Why didn't the Republic field more A-wings?

>implying this wasn't the greatest ship

I spent more back in the day buying three sets to get the parts I needed to build an x-wing.

Most likely an illustration of military equipment produced by a sunk cost fallacy. Someone started designing it and by the time they realized how fucking retarded it was, it was too late to stop.

recon

at least they were in x-wing alliance

It's an airspeeder, not a space ship. Being able to fly it in vacuum is non-canon.

that's atmosphere only tho.

When do you see them in action?

There is no such thing as cheap lego sets.

I think you see the rotation once in ROTJ, but mostly in the X-wing/Tie Fighter video games

Rogue Squadron

Now that you mention it I can't remember when i actually saw that other than descriptions. I just remember REEEEEE'ing when they didn't swivel in the latest cartoon.

Return of the Jedi

buy model kits, not legos

i could never really get into the rogue squadron games

maybe its because i played the shit out of TIE Fighter and XWA but they were just way too fast paced, arcadey and easy.

Can someone please post that image of all the different TIE fighters? There was a retarded number of them.

models a fragile thing you put on the shelf
and doesn't look good unless painting is your thing

I played any game you could pilot a ship or vehicle. Even the Clone Wars game.

Advanced Star Wars Pilot here.

The A-wing's torpedos and speed make it the best ship for fighting. X-wings are next best because they just have a constant stream of lasers. All the TIEs are generally crap, except for the TIE Bomber. B-Wing is okay-tier. Its kind of like an X-wing with better bombing.

Fun thing to do is fly a TIE bomber upside down in orientation to the planet, and fucking let the bomb shoot up. It lands back on you. DX

A good reminder of why the EU is nothing to cry over. Jesus a lot of those are asinine.

>The Clone Wars game
Turn on invincibility code and then destroy all CIS vehicles by ramming into them as the Gunship.

who /xwing/ here

>the TIE Experimental MK1

every fucking time

>TIE crawler

looks like something my 8 year old would come up with

>chiss clawcraft
wtf

The TIE Crawler isn't even a fighter, it's a tank.

I LOVED IT

the EU is a national treasure
it's the greatest argument one can give for the legalization of cocaine

TIE Star Cruiser
>Literally my Emperor's StarTours

that looks like its from X-Wing Alliance

it was a decent story involving that ship

basically iirc the empire were developing unmanned ships and that was one of them. it was basically a drone. there is a whole campaign where you have to investigate then destroy the research station and your ship gets attacked by them at one point, they allah ackbar into the ship and shit too. good stuff.

Almost forgot about the Y-wing. Love that one.

>TIE star cruiser
>literally a fucking big rig tacked onto a TIE fighter

I got into it a little bit. I had a tie fighter swarm, and a grouping of advanced ties. Fucking Millenium Falcon is OP

Apologize

>rebel ships are all interesting and varied

>empire ships are all retarded and use the same shitty big wings

?

They can make it dead all they want, it doesn't take away my memories I had experiencing it all.

kyle katarn, tie fighter and x-wing series were never really canon anyway. thats all i ever cared about.

i read the books and even as a 10 year old i thought they were pretty shit. when i reached the yuuzan vong or whatever, i was done. that was also around the time the prequels came out too though.

I'm really glad we got Soontir Fel in the cartoon but those ships look really slow.

So why does this exist when they can just use regular TIEs?

cause it looks cool

>be enjoying rogue one
>start to realize it's because it reminds me of planets and missions from old EU video games
>be glad they can achieve that same vibe but sad I will never experience those games for the first time as a child again
It's an abstract feel.

More maneuverable in atmosphere

>doesnt include the TIE Mauler

INCOMPLETE

chikken wings

i didnt like rogue one apart from the last half hour or so but did it annoy anyone else to see those medium cruisers in the battle

they are transport ships arent they

I forget who said it, but I'll just say what they said. Rogue One felt like an above-average Dark Horse SW comic turned into a movie, and I'm alright with that.

Empire fighter technology was based around "how can we produce literally millions if not billions of these for the lowest price and easist supply chains?" as well as the idea that a pilot is the cheapest part of a space fighter.

Rebels fighter technology was based around "Who in the galaxy forgot to lock their shit up?"

>TIE Fighters didn't work for the Empire

>First Order replicates them anyway

Rogue One was good?

Exactly. It was middle teir EU stuff, which is still so damn fun.