Attack of the Clones

Apologize.

This movie has a slow 2nd act. The clone shit was kinda weird. They clone a bounty hunter who is....against the republic, but all the clones are for the republic. The syfo dias plot line is never touched on ever again. The love story drags on. The highlight is of course jango vs obi wan. That was a good fight.

The 1st act is pretty alright. I think we see the most of coruscant in episode 2. The speed chase was neat.

3rd act is amazing. The Colosseum beast fights, the jedi fights, the start of the clone wars.

Nah. Shit movie

Never, still the worse Star Wars movie. Even awakens, a pile of shit, is a masterpiece compared to clones.

Literally one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It was so bad it made me skip episode 3 entirely. Still haven't seen it to this day

>isolated wannabe-kino shots

Movies are typically made of many frames played in succession and do not resemble photo essays

I like the attempt, even if it's nonsensical, at being a detective story and the Geonosis battle. That's it.

3=TFA

2 is the worst though i agree

Growing up, the only thing unseen about the Star Wars universe that interested me was a time when Jedi were badasses and could all do stuff like Luke in Return of the Jedi. Hearing that there was a huge arena fight of Jedi kicking ass seemed like something I had been waiting years to see.

Then I saw it, and....it was fine. Kinda cool at first. Like a million Jedi died, which seemed kind of senseless, since they were so mythical up to that point.

Then I watched it again and thought it was terrible. Everything else about that movie is complete dogshit. Everything with Natalie Portman is terrible - her scenes with Ani, dodging the giant assembly line press, fighting the stupid lizard, her awful delivery of "we've got to get to that hangar!"

Revenge of the Sith is hot garbage.

None of those shots are impressive.

The clones are propagandized since birth and made to be loyal. Didn't the kaminoans mention that they bred out negative traits?

Episode 2 is so bad it's actually entertaining. I love watching it and never fails to make me laugh.

Plus Obi vs Jango in the asteroid field was kinda cool

AotC Redeeming Qualities
>The slow and quiet version of The Imperial March weaved throughout the movie
>Across the Stars
>That one part of the Anakin/Dooku fight in the darkness where their lightsabers are the only source of light
>You don't want to sell me death sticks
>Dooku

That's pretty much it.

no

I watched this movie a year ago and thought it was garbage. I just watched it again and it's quite a good film. It's the longest Star Wars, but it doesn't feel it, it drags less than RotS and even RotJ. Detective Kenobi is good. And I know not a single person will agree, but the romance isn't that bad. More people still will disagree, but the politics and and manipulation of sheev is interesting. The fight with dooku is disappointing, but honestly this might be the best prequel. The most consistent at least, RotS has more impact, but more confusingly bad moments. Overall it's actually a decent movie, regardless of how people feel about it's standing in the sw universe.

Revenge Of The Sith is a meme. Nobody outside of Sup Forums likes it, and most people here are probably just memeing.

>Kinda cool
I hate how you fags don't have the balls to admit the prequels even had good parts. The dogfight in the astroid field was great, don't lie.

>entire CGI scenes that last nearly a minute and look like shit
REEEEEEE

I sorta agree
I think Phantom menace has no redeeming qualities at all, and is a very bland and just all around shitty movie
3>2>1

yeah maybe if baby Boba Fett wasn't filling me with rage every time he shat out a new line of his terrible performance.

>move all quadrants to sector 515

0:28

HOT DIGGITY DOG

>people defend this

Also incredibly annoying how you guys look for trite little things to hate about scenes you'd otherwise have to admit were great.

Boba acted like I'd expect a little shit child soldier to act. Have you ever been around children?

>military tactics/maneuvers = "stand and fire"

I don't see anything wrong with it

To be fair, I think it only looks that bad on Blu-rays

Oh fuck you. Is that supposed to be a door or painting at the end?

I never understood how TPM could rank anywhere but last. I actually do think it has a few redeeming qualities, but a ton of it is bad, and far worse than Jar Jar is kid Anakin. Jesus, he may be the single worst part of Star Wars. At least it's so bad it's good and TPM is watchable because it's funny. On my latest rewatch I couldn't decide between 2 or 3. Once RotS is over, it has a ton of impact (assuming you like the film) but there is some weird stuff, especially the tone of the whole Palpatine rescue. Some of its shifts are dumbfounding. I suppose together the films balance out and tell a good story (not that many will agree)

>Send super heavy quadraped with narrow legs with little range of stabilizing motion into the snow

I remember that part looking terrible and I only own the DVD.

Jesus Christ, it's worse than I remember. I haven't seen it in years.

I'm out here defending the prequels, because they're totally redeemable, but kid boba fett was shit

>this retard somehow got to the rank of master

It still looks like shit, but I remember an user a long time ago explaining why it looked worse than it actually does. Maybe it was all bullshit, but it atleast sounded true

What kind of Jedi name is Coleman?

>most powerful Jedis in the Republic
>die in a few seconds of hand-to-hand combat

>you are on some backwater planet doing some boring ass mundane bullshit
>you are a Jedi master but no one respects you so they threw you out there just to give you work
>out of nowhere you get a communication to meet at this planet and filled in on everything
>fuck
>you get there and see Dooku, perhaps if you surprise him and kill him quickly you'll finally be on the council and respected
>die by someone you never even noticed not once Dooku looking scared

isn't that Kid Fister on the far right?

I don't think the prequels are nearly as bad as people say. The acting was subpart but so was the OT. If you look for little things to complain about, you'll find them in the OT too. Most of the hate for the prequels comes from them being so different from the OT.

have the webm bro

Combat against fucking Sheev user. If they weren't Jedi masters they'd die just from looking at him.

He may be master for different reasons. Some are force mystics and scholars, diplomats, etc.

Yes against what was probably the most powerful force welder at the time. The original cut should have been a bit faster granted but there's also the point that sheev was a master at blocking Jedis future sensing abilities.

I agree. The OT was about a character arc. The PT is about politics. And tonally they're totally different. I don't think 2 and 3 were the pieces of shit people like to think they are, and the original trilogy weren't without sizable flaws. They were just different, to the point they almost belong in a different universe. Not really worse. Richard Brody has an interesting respect for the prequels worth reading

>scholars
>alien faggot who gets shot by Jango was a school teacher for 33 years and was given the honor of master on his 25th anniversary of teaching
fuck off

>mfw the idea that the Jedi Order just sent every and all available Jedis to bail out Anakin and Co. regardless of their combat capabilities
>mfw some poor bastard that hadn't handled a lightsaber in years dies almost instantly because of this

Makes more sense than other explanations, really

his gun belt clips into place at about 7 seconds.

>That's detention little youngling
>yes master

pfffft

Idk what people complain about. Of course today, ILM could do even better but desu this is on par with modern CGI from modern blockbusters.

hahaha jesus christ

>hey dooku, just give me a second to activate my lightsaber

Luke, did I ever tell you about Coleman Trebor? He was a male Vurk Jedi Master who served as a member of the Jedi High Council prior to the Clone Wars. He was killed by Jango Fett while trying to engage Count Dooku during the Battle of Geonosis. A Vurk male born on his species' homeworld of Sembla, Coleman Trebor became a Jedi, and was the only Vurk to do so. As a member of the Jedi Order he built a green lightsaber, and earned a seat on the Jedi High Council during the Separatist Crisis. Once the Council learned of the Separatist force on the planet Geonosis, Trebor joined the Jedi assault team led by Mace Windu, and traveled to Geonosis to rescue Obi-Wan Kenobi from the Confederacy of Independent Systems. He fought in the Petranaki arena, and confronted Count Dooku on a balcony. Trebor was shot and killed by the bounty hunter Jango Fett, falling to his death on the arena floor. He was a good friend.

>but master Yoda, I'm a master jedi of herbology!

Exactly. It hasn't aged great but it doesn't look like shit. At least it wasn't half cgi half real. The consistency is preferable

Yes actually. Part of the overarching plot was that the Jedi order had become comfortable and weakened due to lack of a proper enemy. During that era, they were mostly serving as peacekeepers through the galaxy. And you did have Jedis serving more diplomatic focused roles so not all of them were combat veterans.

>the only person in your species to become a Jedi
>die like a bitch to a non force user

Holy shit that's just sad

>complains about CGI in Eps 1, 2 and 3
>loves Ewok costumes, loves the Rancor doll, loves Yoda doll, loves the Mos Eisley creatures that look straight out of a Muppets episode, loves the sword fight in Ep 4

I tip my hat to you sir.

Yeah actually it does. The team was assembled in haste. The entire operation was put together at the last minute. The Jedi and republic, had it not been for the clone army, wouldn't have been prepared for the droid army.

It wasn't just to bail out Anakin, did you miss the fact most of the enemies were also on the same planet, as well as the bulk of their army?

There's actually a lot more practice effects than most people realize.

Which Naughty Dog game is this?

Holy shit that looks awful.

yeah thats totally fake.

>vaders head just phases through the bottom of the cockpit

That smug look on Dookus face. Doesn't even pay the peasantry any mind.

>1983 looks better than 1999
What the fuck Lucas.

looks better than 1999
You most be joking

>Hershlag holding that shit with one hand
Now show the one where she's running in that outfit.

Yeah no

>"What's the battle-plan, commander?"
>"We'll meet them on an open plain with no cover, put up our shields, and wait until they have exhausted all their ammunition. Then we'll club them or something, idk"

why do you think they got BTFO so hard?

More like serve as decoys. Not to mention they had great shield tech

What game is this?

You are the one who will bring balance to the autism

Muh pretty frames.

What video game is this?

Harmy's despecialized OT has really made me forget how bad the OT looked at times.

>Harmy's despecialized OT
speaking of, why the fuck does anyone like these versions? I can understand wanting a version without the changes/additions but the despecialized editions look fucking awful(particularly the latest versions). The blacks are all crushed/contrast is out of whack.

Because it looks better than the theatrical without the stupid additions from the blu-rays/dvds. Not exactly hard to understand. It looks great considering what they have to work with and I'm not sure where you got those screens but that's not how they look at the moment.

how does that look remotely bad?

>George will never apologize for Attack of the Clones

Honestly it's unacceptable. That movie managed to somehow be worse than The Phantom Menace, and yet Lucas has never been charged, done time or even had to perform several hundred hours of community service. Digusting. There's no justice.

>Because it looks better than the theatrical without the stupid additions from the blu-rays/dvds
I said I understood wanting a version without that stuff. I don't understand why it's specifically THIS version

>and I'm not sure where you got those screens but that's not how they look at the moment.
My screens are directly from the 2.5 version, and the crushed blacks are visible in the comparisons he provides too

It looks okay on VHS

That genuinely looks terrible.

when it cuts to them looking at the pad it's like a fucking TV sitcom

>People complain about jar jar and the kiddie pandering in the prequels
>Ewoks are ok

>not showing the one where Vader helmet clip in the cockpit
smhf

seeAlso, it looks like they could only afford to give the shuttle a shadow in since in the other one it doesn't have one until they cut to vader walking away from the matte