Was the brostep era better than today’s edm era?

Was the brostep era better than today’s edm era?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hjwz0Y3rAcI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>mfw when skrillex co-produced one of 2016's best albums

the only good electronic music era was the gabber/happy hardcore era

actually, Skrillex was even above brostep
at least his catalog has more than just wub wub bangerz in it compared to his contemporaries

This. Skrillex is objectively good electronic musica

Um, this was the peak of electronic sweetie

Early brostep era had tracks with a lot of changes and whatnot in it. Sure the sound was a bit ubiquitous at the time, but we shouldn't be basing quality off timbre anyway (see rock music's base timbre being identical across genres.) Things went downhill imo after Skrillex released Bangarang in 2011, which made the sound much simpler.

early 90's uk rave culture > 90's european dance culture >>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 10's american EDM "culture"

This except unironically.

Yes but 80s and 90s dance music was much better than the "EDM" shite of the past 10 years. How funny that America only accepted it in watered down and derivative form stripped of any trace of its gay and multi-racial origins or totally removed from its progressed forms in the UK after '88

Sick almost quaddubs

Isn't it the same shit

t. bleepretard who is too dumb to realize that ricardo villalobos is literally the same thing as avicii

There were actually some redeemable songs off there though

Maybe. Brostep and dubstep overall sounds a lot better these days with the way producers have stepped up their game in the last 3-5 years. But I think bass music had it's highest level of creativity around 2010-2013.

Trap seems to be doing a good job of blending the creative with the production, but "peak-trap" already exists so I think it might be fucked.

gross, i remember listening to this when i was 13 or something.

All I know is future bass is worn out and all sounds the same now.

Except it's just as monotonous and uninspired as modern EDM

There was?

kill yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=Hjwz0Y3rAcI

idk but skrillex is the goat