/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

God edition.

Previously on /gg/: How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com
Suggested Practice Routine:
>i.imgur.com/yfgsTaq.png
Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitar-chords/
String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/
Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar
Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7D6kj2R5JUY
youtube.com/watch?v=5YLB69KsZDQ
clyp.it/3b2bchuj
charvel.com/guitars/pro-mod_dk24/
reverb.com/news/remainder-of-fenders-new-parallel-universe-series-revealed
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

IM A MOTHAFUCKIN GOOOODDDDDD

any open chords further down the fretboard that dont require autist level tunings or a capo?

How do I achieve this suffocating wall of sound?

youtube.com/watch?v=7D6kj2R5JUY
youtube.com/watch?v=5YLB69KsZDQ

I know it's mostly Mememaster + reverse reverb + fuzz + vibrato bar abuse, but I still can't achieve it. There's something more to it, but I can't put my finger on it.

My guitar isn’t intonated properly after like the 7th fret. I need to get it set up but it’s kind of a cheap guitar and I feel like if I pay money to get it set up I might as well invest in a new guitar and set that one up.

With that in mind, what’s a good guitar in the 300-400 dollar range?

x54030

>My guitar isn’t intonated properly after like the 7th fret.
the start intonating it dont be lazy.

Oh, didn't see those options at first. Gonna play around with that a bit before I render and see if I can make it better.

>vibrato bar abuse
or a tremolux

Guys what head should I get, Im mostly into thrash and punk, was thinking maybe a jcm 800 but I honestly have no clue

this is the action on my tele at the 12th fret. Is this too high? I think my neck is very slightly bowed as well.

Take an open C, G, D, A or E shape and move them down the neck wherever you please.

It’s my only guitar so I’m afraid if I break it or something I won’t have anything to play

that looks perfectly fine from here i can tell thats like 1.95 cm

then buy another for downtuning, shit and giggles

Here is a pic of the neck

when i think of punk and thrash i think of marshall or mesa/boogie. jcm800 sounds like the industry standard. dual/triple rectifier if you have a large budget and want that DUDE DISTORTION sound

Buying a new guitar lads, been a while, is it true that Fender and Gibson are rubbish these days?

thats what luthers call "scoop"

turn the truss rod clockwise

Is that james iha

No. But unless you’re doing some kind of throwback roots rock I wouldn’t recomend a Gibson since you’ll be able to get something better at a lower price.

Gibson is not as good as they used to be and are not doing so well financially

>tele
vomit

dont listen to this tard

thats like the classic moron telling you to alt F4

Does anyone else use baby powder on their fret hand while playing?

no, but that's bloody brilliant, holy fuck

Fender still make some great guitars.
Gibson are massively overpriced and don't live up to the hype but they're not bad guitars. They're just charging more for the name on the headstock than anything else about it.

then again fender dont use mahogany thats why these are cheaper.

You're a genius.

ok neat, I liked Fender more anyway

clyp.it/3b2bchuj

Ok here's the comparison that I threw together fast between the "Bias Mark IIc+" vs S-Gear 2 "Wayfarer". The guitars only have a TS in front of them, use the same IR and only have a high pass at 80hz and a low pass at 11500khz. Which one do you think is which and which one do you think sounds the best?

one is soft and the other one sound harsh

its like apples and oranges
also why dont use 5150 for your melodeath?

Yeah both would need some EQing work to them. Dunno, I have a 6505 for rehearsal and live but I haven't found any amp sims for 5150/6505 that I'm really satisfied with for home recording.

Action might be a tad high, and there is supposed to be a bow in the neck.

Wich is best? Yamaha rgx 121z or Washburn wr 150?

does anyone here know where i can get sheet music for free online? i cant believe how difficult it is to find and im sick of tabs

I bought a fretless p bass. Problem is the e string has a buzz no matter how i play it. the entire fretboard. the neck seems fine. what can i do to solve this?

talk me out of buying this

Shill me on why I should get an Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Cherry sunburst) as my first one. Amp would be something like VOX Pathfinder 10 since very cheap. I REALLY REALLY find it cute + Yui Hirasawa (from K-On!) really made me like it since I first watched in 2009 (and re-watched every year)

>validate my decision to purchase a shitty guitar solely because my favorite chinese cartoon character plays one

alRight DONT FUCKING DISS YUI YOU FUCK

That thing is way out of wack it needs to be set up properly, truss ros, saddle heights ect.

you’re waifu a shit

>Epiphone
you are a fake yui poster the original would mock your "epi" taste
get a gibbi or bust.

>cheapest gibbi is 2500$CAD
>1/3 of my car which I didn't finish paying

uHHH

buy a studio then dumbass

epiphones are unironically dogshit and a studio sounds almost identical to a standard

ok no need to reply anymore, im going to take it to the shop for a proper setup. i noticed a and d string also have a slight buzz so it might have to do something with the neck and i dont like touching stuff like that too much because i tend to break things

This. But also don't get a brand new Gibson. Find a model from a few years ago, their resale value drops as soon as they're purchased. A used faded or special will probably run you 2/3 of what it would be new

Just adjust the truss rod most likely, takes like 5-10 minutes. Not too big steps at a time.

Yeah I did. I didn't bid on it or anything, saw it and snatched it. I don't fuck around when I want something.

Here's hoping it arrives in one piece.

Save your money and look up "how to set up bass Daves world of fun stuff" on YouTube. His channel has easy, straightforward info on how to set up instruments. If you don't know how to work on your own instrument you shouldn't play.

ok i'll try it out myself. its not that i dont know how to do it. im just too scared to break something

hey original Yui poster here.

indeed he is right get a Gibson only one is enough!

Yeah, as I said just take it easy and do small steps at a time and you should be fine. I've adjusted my truss rods many times and it's not very complicated.

Thoughts? New from NAMM,

charvel.com/guitars/pro-mod_dk24/

>another HH strat copy
>new
There is nothing new or innovative about that. Charvel is just coasting.

>charvel.com/guitars/pro-mod_dk24/
I thought it was going to be more expensive. Looks nice af.

Wish they'd release that model without the FR.

>gold hardware
puke

They did.

>2018
>not gold plating your entire guitar

>not gold hardware
pleb

Why is literally every guitar just an uglier version of a fender/gibson

I know that's you, Donald.

im not into kitsch shit

>not into kitsch
Ultra Pleb

>im a poorfag

lmaoing@ur life

I wish I could g to NAMM.

Thoughts on these? Newly revealed at NAMM.

reverb.com/news/remainder-of-fenders-new-parallel-universe-series-revealed

>No left handed version
Phuck Phender.

thats a vomit nightmare.

>a strat that needs the vibrato replaced before you can play it
>and a telepaul
WTF are they thinking over there

Oh my god they just announced this tell me why I shouldn't buy it
>jackson and other superstrat makers on suicide watch

>telepaul
this one can hit hard on the soyboi scene.

Because they have been doing it for several years? Do you know the Fender Blacktops?

Is a hotrails pickup on the neck acceptable for a Tele?

>Squier
>memeMG
>meme headstock

who the hell buys anything than the classic models anyway

I think you know the answer to that.
>/gg/

>/gg/
>buy
Implying /gg/ has money. Besides richfag, obviously.

>best guitar for the money
>easily replaceable pickups for a neat upgrade a few years down the line
>unique looking headstock, adds personality and wit to the player

They stopped making the Blacktops.

richfag is probably roman.

Don't take richfag away from me.
What proof do you have?

Don't buy that garbage.

squier is actually ok if you want a brand new one for cheap. with a squier guitar you HAVE to go to the store and try them out tho. they dont really feel all the same

ignores my plead of a timestamp.

huge redflag there.

>Do you know the Fender Blacktops?

Stopped shortly after introduction because they were poorly designed pieces of shit that somehow made it through the cracks.

now that i read my post again, what i mean is you have to be lucky. if you find one that actually feels good and all then youre good

yeah gonna wait a bit and try a whole bunch of them in all nearby stores until I find the one

all the tones

I want to get the Squier JMJM but literally not a single music shop on the entire island I live on seems to have one. If I want to try one out before I buy it I would either have to get a ferry to Britain or hunt around on the off chance some random music shop that doesn't have a website has one.

It might be easier just to order it online. The Amazon reviews look overwhelmingly positive, should I chance it?

looks like something M. A. Batio would play.

>>kill me pls

>strap button

How do I make good music come out of my instrument?

move fingers on good notes with good timing

you buy an alien mars valvulado