What are your thoughts on the death penalty pol? Do you support it?

What are your thoughts on the death penalty pol? Do you support it?

Yes, the bible mentions the death penalty is mandatory for some crimes

No, rather they didn't get the easy way out.

I was thinking about this the other day. If you are going to have a death penalty honestly the most humane and reasonable method would be the guillotine. Literally painless and instant. The frogs knew what was up.

It's not instant, but surely the most instantaneous of all methods out there. I imagine you can still see your own head falling down.

not to mention you still have that one last breath.

Nah. Not for immoral reasons of killing a life. Its just the easy way out. Like yeah, robbing a store. You get 5-10 years of Tyrone stretching your asshole in the shower. But murder someone, and you get to sleep easy.

>1 post by this ID

No, we should not institutionalize the notion of government having the power to end human life.

>Do you support it?
Yes, as long as it's being applied to someone else...

Don't know, really.

But if it does have to be done then it should be done swiftly and humanely. Not with a damn electric chair or a lethal injection or something like that. Cruel and unusual is specifically against the law.

>giving the government the power to legally kill you
Lol how retarded can you be ? You don't even trust the government with your fucking taxes

The Death Penalty is too expensive and takes too long to get to the final date. We need to come up with something new, such as surgical castration.

I support it. And abortion too.

A fraction of a second is as instant as it gets compared to other methods

Life Sentences and Going to Prison more than once should be an automatic death on the spot.

We can save money by using Hanging or Firing Squad

All the other prisoners can be slave labor for other countries like what China does

I support the death penalty, but only in cases when you are as close to 100%sure the guy did it as possible. there are obviously numerous cases here in the US where that is the case.

firing squads are:

1. cheap
2. fast
3. the most painless when compared to all other methods currently employed

I've gone back and forth a dozen times in my life and currently support swift and merciless death for proven criminals.

>guy gets the death penalty
>for some reason is allowed to linger around for like 20 years eating up resources and wasting everyones time

It's tough because you would want to let the guy appeal the decision, since the death sentence is kind of final.

But when you start to get stories of people wasting away on death row who don't even want to appeal anymore so they can just get it over with already, then there's definitely something wrong with the system.

I'm against the death penalty due to moral reasons.

What's funny is how people are so adamant about being tough on crime, but when one of their family members runs foul of the law they start making excuses. I wonder if you guys would support the death penalty if your own father did something to warrant it. I bet you would turn into excuse-making little bitches:

"That shit happened 20 years ago, my dad is a different man."
"The evidence is weak. He told me he didn't do it."
"Blah blah blah, excuse excuse excuse."

this. im torn because on the one hand, some people are completely incorrigible, and theres no use in keeping them around if they arent going to learn a lesson.

but on the other hand, theres been many cases where a man was wrongfully imprisoned for many years until modern forensics and investigation revealed the true culprit and proved his innocence. And it'd be bad if a guy got the death penalty only to be found innocent later

>atheist
>left
yes, too many of us anyhow.
with a several year wait.
it should be painless.

i am as well for harder punishments for lesser crimes. totally against rehabilitation.

Death by books reading !

Just a reminder that Books are made to read Japan, not to burn them. thank you for your collaboration.

Saudi Arabia has the Death penalty. Saudi Arabia had ambassador elected for UN human rights chair. Therefore Death penalty is a human right that all citizen of the world are entitled to.

Death Penalty for the House of Saud? Sounds like a good human rights cause to me.

life in prison + torture would be better. The torture part is key though and cannot be forgotten.

This is one thing islam gets right, public executions. America needs to reinstate that for treason. And needs to start actually identifying and punishing traitors, starting in Washington DC.

it is already to expensive to hold them,
torturing would cost even more, it's your money and your resources that are being wasted.

Yeah, no disrespect for the dead or anything, but if we're going to do it we have to own up to it as well as letting everybody know that we'll do it if we have to.

Same thing with footage of what we do in war or with animals or babies or anything else. Have to be honest with ourselves.

Why not replace the death penalty with slavery? It'll even economically benefit the country.

Because then we get turned further from an actual country into one big for-profit gulag.

It's a nice idea, but just too exploitable, especially considering how big of a growth industry the prison complex is.