Travelers

Has Sup Forums seen Travelers yet? I don't think I've seen a thread about it here.

The first season is pretty good. The characters are all very distinct and interesting. That ending was pretty good but I do hate cliffhanger season endings. And is anyone else sad they killed off nice Marcy and replaced her with cunty Marcy?

bump

Tell me the premise as you see it

People are sent back in time to the present from the future to stop events that made the world some sort of dark age hellhole (though with nice technology and scientific advancements). They take over the bodies and lives of people who were about to die. There are teams of these sorts of travelers around the world. The show focuses on one team and their actions and their lives adjusting to the past and trying to take over the lives of the people they've replaced.

So they assassinate people/destroy corporations? Is it a Corporatocracy, the future they come from?

Do they focus much on each character struggling to pretend to be the person whose body they stole around that person's family/friends?

Is it serialised with a case/mission per episode?

>So they assassinate people/destroy corporations?
That's about the right idea, and installing people in the right place (eg. saving a congressman and having him replaced by an operative from the future)
>Is it a Corporatocracy, the future they come from?
I don't think so. The future they come from is kept pretty mysterious so far but it also changes based on their actions.

>Do they focus much on each character struggling to pretend to be the person whose body they stole around that person's family/friends?
Yes and it makes for an interesting part of the show imo.
>Is it serialised with a case/mission per episode?
There are a few episodes that seem like mission of the episode episodes but they affect what happens later and aren't tedious (yet, at least).

One of the characters was accidentally sent back into the body of a retarded girl and the complications of it make up a nice storyline in the season.

>tfw no qt retarded girl who is suddenly a doctor gf

So they are in constant communication with the future somehow? Like people or messages being sent from the future?

Do they explore paradoxes caused by time travel?
Is it comparable to Continuum (except without all the 'back in the future' scenes)?

>So they are in constant communication with the future somehow? Like people or messages being sent from the future?
Yeah, they get messages from other teams over the darknet or sometimes some kid is briefly taken over so a message can be delivered and then the kid goes back to normal (only kids can be temporarily used, it would kill adults which is why they take over people who were about to die),

>Do they explore paradoxes caused by time travel?
They're starting to go in that direction towards the end of the season.

>Is it comparable to Continuum
Pretty much, except I remember the early seasons of Continuum being a bit more serial (which is why I preferred the later seasons). In this episodes matter and affect what happens later on.

>without all the 'back in the future' scenes
No back in the future scenes in this show so far. Also one of the actresses from Continuum is in this (the asian police IT girl),

Why do they sound almost like goobacks

Thanks
I'll give it a whirl. I'm watching another time travel show currently - Timeless. It's okay, but I keep thinking "i wish they did X" when they do Y. It has a lot of potential to be better.

>Is it a Corporatocracy
They live in bunkers and banded together to change the past.

No problem, I think you'll enjoy it, I did.
>Timeless
>It follows the adventures of Lucy Preston (a history professor) (Abigail Spencer)

Downloading it now

Fuck, did I just read a spoiler?
Damn, I just noticed all episodes are on netflix now

Nothing posted was really a spoiler. And yeah, I read the description a couple days ago and was interested. Just finished the season a couple hours ago and it was nice but I want more. Now I'm watching Timeless that nice user recommended and it's pretty good so far in the 15min I've been watching.

Why...

I just didn't expect netflix to drop the whole season too soon since there's 2 still more episodes left on Showcase
Welp, time to marathon the remaining episodes

Oh, sorry about that. I didn't know it was still airing in Canada.

>tfw they didn't keep her as the original and have Trevor bang her and have an interesting relationship with her where he's physically younger but mentally older

Missed opportunity

Well, I hope it gets a second season
I just dig anything with time travel
I'd also recommend Frequency, which is pretty much a remake of the movie

>it stars Jane from Mad Men too
Thanks user, I'll give it a try.

What is up with actresses from Mad Men doing time travel shows? Hopefully Kiernan or Elizabeth Moss decide to do some too

How does that work?Is it a procedural with past-parent helping them with the case somehow?

Yes, father is a cop in 1996 now.

And there's a case each week that he helps with? Sometimes just with wisdom and sometimes he has details as the case was open during his time or something? Or is it one big case like the movie?

It's the serial killer from the movie and they go 50/50 on when the main story line of th episode is taking place. It's not exactly your usual procedural but it sure is feels like it.

it was episode 11 wikipedia says it has 12 episodes

Showcase hasn't finished airing the season yet

bump

I'm 4 episodes into Timeless now. Why do all these important historical figures keep trying to slip Lucy the dick?

Cause she's sexy and confident

>tfw no qt nazi historian gf
Why do we bother living?

Why isn't Sup Forums more into these two really nice shows?

They literally killed the only two likeable women in this series, fuck them.

Also Timeless is shit.