Who generally does rock music better?

Who generally does rock music better?

Germany

burgers

For every VU tier band the US makes the UK has three

UK and it's not even close.

>Who generally does rock music better?
america
>Who generally does [rock subgrenre] music better?
UK

I'm British and no. Not true since like 1985

define rock

>UK
>roughly 45-65m people in the last 60 years
>mainly white anglo/irish
>such a diverse amount of genres, artists, and revolutionary sounds

>USA
>roughly 280-350m people in the last 60 years
>needs blacks, all forms of caucasians, asians, and redskins....and hispanics
>such a diverse amount of genres, artists, and revolutionary sounds

Work out the math yourself. And btw, it's 'per capita' and quality over quantitiy

Japan

This.

Thrash maybe, but otherwise nah

>Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Beatles, King Crimson, Yes, David Bowie, The Who
vs.
>Beach Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd... the list goes on and on........
You tell me

The UK probably does have classic prog rock down but I kinda meant in general

>what is krautrock

>m-muh Can
C'mon Scaruffi, there's a reason hardly anyone listens to that music anymore

20th century - UK
21st century - US

King Crimson is the only above average UK rock artist you named.

if we really broke it down it wouldn't even be a contest. US > UK

Black Sabbath is the only mediocre artist he named

This

Yeah, and the rest are shit.

Depends on what kind of rock subgenres you like, honestly.

lol no, even Led Zeppelin had a great album

per capita germanic countries, this includes england (and culturally ireland), produce more high quality music than any other

Led Zeppelin were massive plagiarists, they're even worse than the rest.

Reminder you hwhite skinned Americans aren't real Americans you are europeans, that goes for those considered hispanics in america since most are of european background.

Britain just does music better in general or did atleast, American music has become the norm in Britain these days.

UK has better post-punk and post-rock, and those are the only worthwhile rock subgenres

UK does prog and post punk better, US does everything else better

I'd say the US has more bands that exist on the extremes of the good-bad spectrum while the UK has more bands in the middle.

For example, Television are better than Wire, but Wire are better than The Killers.

I'm a Burger btw.

>Television are better than Wire

"high quality"
some cultural sobbery there matey

as per ops post - what about jimi hendrix and his band? lol

sensible response

im not saying it isnt, sorry i probably phrased it wrong there, my point was per capita these countries seem to have the largest output especially iceland wierdly it's only the size of hull

>Black Sabbath
>mediocre
pleb

[unhinged british yelling]

At face value, the answer is Britain.

However, it's worth noting that it's off the back of America. The most revered, successful, influential artists of the genre almost ubiquitously were inspired by and emulating American blues traditions and African-American, mostly southern trends and traditions of music. This is especially prevalent in acts like the Stones and Bowie, and is why so many of them talk about or cover Leadbelly and the like. Down the line, by the time Britpop came about and the like, it was more indirect by the newer artists being influenced by the intermediaries there, but the lineage is still there.

It's also worth noting that a lot of the experiments, a lot of the strong, changing movements and technological fussing in Rock started in American bands as well, even when they got away from the blues stuff. Grunge, funk, etc.; most of the real shifts. And while it was home to bands from all over the place, there's no denying how important and wide-reaching places like CBGB were for the medium as a whole; even if viewed as a more British thing at times, Punk and the like wouldn't look anything like it does or did without the Ramones or the Stooges.

>tl;dr: Britain immediately, America basically and essentially

DU

/thread

The only true rock music was made by American blacks in the 1940s and 1950s. White American rock is a pallid facsimile of the real deal and British rock... isn't even worth mentioning, really.

funny how all of the black american musicians didn't share your opinion

They probably didn't want to get lynched.

there would've been no repercussions for them shitting on british musicians. bo diddley's mind was blown at how brian jones was the only person to figure out his musical secrets

t. mega cuck

Black Americans are the originators of almost every popular modern musical genre since the 20's, so the USA. Not American. btw.

>ackshyually rhythm & blues is played on european instruments, therefore it is a purely aryan/nordic genre

If I named my six favorite bands only one would be British. If I named my 20 favorite bands only 5 would be American.

>none of their origins have any white influence whatsoever

*Jimmy Page. Robert Plant’s lyrics were mostly original.

Depends on the decade.
60s - USA
70s - UK
80s - UK
90s - USA

Switch 80s and 90s and this is accurate

60s - hard UK
70s - noone
80s - UK
90s - USA
2000s - USA

Robert Plant's lyrics were shit tho

Individual entertainers and not arbitrarily entire nations for no reason.

60s - UK
70s - UK
80 - UK
90s - UK
2000s - USA
10s - USA (British music is dead at this point)