What's the best place to start Bjork's discography?

What's the best place to start Bjork's discography?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tvoEZXop4zM
youtu.be/6HmkTp_GHbM
youtu.be/hex88k2fgAE
youtu.be/0DW4Tq6jdwo
youtu.be/8fgUY-kXlBA
youtu.be/dPlHCn0u3sU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vespertine + Homogenic

listen chronologically from debut then go back and listen to sugarcubes and kukl if you liked it

With your throat at the long end of a shotgun

Just listen in order

I tried and I stopped before finishing.

alright whatever
shame

This

Skip Debut and Post then

the beginning

Defintely Post.

This. Debut is literally designed as a gentle intro to Bjorkiness.

Does anyone know what year/DVD this is off?
youtu.be/tvoEZXop4zM
Just perfect.

I gave up at Selmasongs. Debut is the only one I listened again few times.

Debut, then Post, then Homo, then stop.

don't

You're homo

No wonder, Selmasongs is shit. At least listen to Vespertine, you gave up right before her best album.

>Selmasongs is shit
Take that back

"""Musicals""" and their soundtracks are all shit and Dancer is no exception

Why? Dancer really isn't that good though, Björk's performance carries the whole film.

Probably start here:
youtu.be/6HmkTp_GHbM
youtu.be/hex88k2fgAE

Do you like sulfur?
youtube.com/watch?v=nXSMRorCKX8

Oh I hated being an A-list start in England so much.
youtu.be/0DW4Tq6jdwo

Post -> Homogenic -> Debut and then just whatever

Fucking qt

K.U.K.L.

Great year for music too. Shame we'll have to destroy that tape eventually to memory-hole Robson & Jerome.

>Shame we'll have to destroy that tape eventually to memory-hole Robson & Jerome.
?

1995 was the height of Britpop and Robson & Jerome outsold everyone with two novelty records that were spin-offs from an ITV drama for mums.
youtu.be/8fgUY-kXlBA
I for one would prefer to forget and I think Jerome Flynn would as well these days.

Oh okay
When do you think Björk was most qt?

bump

Good taste

is there a studio version of There's More To Life Than This?

Yes. Comes across as very generic, I think the album version was a clever move.
youtu.be/dPlHCn0u3sU

This. I love the part where she slams the door and it gets all quiet and suddenly..
>I COULD NICK A BOAT

oh it just removes the background noises
I thought it would be a different sound in general

The background noise is great, enhances the atmosphere a lot. Same on Like Someone In Love.

"My little ghettoblaster" is the priceless Bjork relic and an actual thing she was known for lugging around.
Its in the song because the 808 State guy used to tease her about it.

I know, and it's awesome. I read a story about her breaking a journalist's arm while it was playing. I'll go find it.

Here it is, it was in a issue of The Face
>Björk broke my arm. Not deliberately or accidentally or even actually but, well, she was there. It was her that wanted to go outside and dance underneath the moonlight. It had been her idea to start drinking champagne and cherry liqueur - Kir Royale - that afternoon. It was her record company that was picking up the not-insubstantial tab. But it was me that paid.

>...After midnight in the salon gothique, and the Björk party have partaken of five-course nouvelle cuisine and the mandatory wine, cognac and beer. Björk’s ever-present ghetto blaster is playing Money Mark, The Boo Radleys, an Indian version of “I Will Always Love You” and “Chicken In A Basket” - a compilation of Forties showtunes and cheesy-listening tack made for her by her longtime friend and collaborator, 808 State’s Graham Massey. Björk wrestles with the head of her French record company. Jóga, a masseuse and Björk’s best pal from Iceland, is talking of the therapeutic effects of essential oils. There is dancing by the ancient organ. It’s been a long day.

>And so, swinging her ghetto blaster, Björk the Pie-Eyed Piper leads us outside into the abbey’s rolling acres, It’s a full moon. Ruins are explored, snaps are taken, wine is drunk from the bottle. There is tomfoolery and high-jinx, dancing and piggy-back fights. With champagne-fuelled bravado I decide it would be a good idea to rugby-tackle Michel Gondry, director of the “Human Behaviour” and “Army Of Me” videos. We go down in a heap. Something crunches. I stand up. Someone crashes into me. We go down in a heap. Something crunches again. It is only later that Björk notices that my right arm has a new bend in it.

What a fucking legend.

based high testosterone/estrogen bjork bullying dumb journalists

I wish I was that dumb journalist..