The Perks of Being a Wallflower

how do y'all feel about this normie flick, Sup Forums?

it's endearing. doesn't execute on it's representation of anxiety very well imo, but it's different for everybody i guess. definitely better than i expected. gay boy is hot.

First half: kino
Second half: highschool as an pretentious "indie" normalfag

Haven't seen it but it looks like it thrives on trivial issues under the lense of youthful ignorance.

Went full retard with the David Bowie scene and started drooling on the floor in the third act.

Pure kino

They shied away from the auntie subplot though

I don't get it

did she take advantage of him?

Kind of pissed me off, not because of the auto-fellating self importance. Oh no I can tolerate if not ignore that sort of thing in this day and age, but the fact I knew or know real people with the real problems used to setup the foundation for these fake losers flocking together. Except there's no ride into a tunnel blaring shitty music solution for them.

They're just fucked, end of story. There are no perks. Roll credits to that, cunt.

Any movies with the former?

Yeah she was sexually abusing him.

Yeah I used to really like the book until I realized that it's just there so you can wallow around and have more excuses to feel sorry for yourself

As a freshmen who watched this when it was released, I cringe how they make these trivial school issues seem so large after working a full time job.

really?

I didn't pick up on that

kek is this bait? the movie basically outright states it

>loner loser in high school
>somehow still get's a ton of friends and multiple gfs to fuck around and play with

Why can't we get a full on bleak portrayal of an isolated kid in high school just living through his stressful days and trying to cope with day to day interactions?
No pussyslayer sociable character arc in the end please.

I feel like I want to rape Ezra Miller

>twink fuccboi autist protag
>chad brother
>hot sister
>hot aunt that likes to SS
>becomes friends with a cool group of seniors despite being an autistic freshman
>bones a senior chick
>then bones the hottest senior chick
>again, despite being an autistic 14-year-old he gets to bang 18-year-old Emma Watson
>defends his senior faggot friend from bullies
>literally beats up FOUR jocks at the same time

I liked it but this movie is a such an obvious power fantasy for betas. It's like the autist version of Twilight.

rocky horror lap dance scene is degenerate

i love emma watson and i want to stroke her legs and play with her hair

Needed more of Ezra and his 'jock' lover, preferably R rated sex scenes

Emma's really qt in it. That's about it.

fuck this movie, and fuck anyone who likes it, these character are the fucking WORST, hipster garbage.

It's amazing that we still talk about this movie 5 years after it came out. I thought this piece of shit would've been forgotten by now.

Nobody wants to watch a loser.

either the character changes or the world changes (and it's usually both).

what story are you proposing exactly?

that's the story equivalent of "i was out of milk so i went to the store, bought some and returned home the end."

It's a ""character study"".

It's what people who've never been depressed think depression is like

Welcome to the Dollhouse showcases what you're talking about pretty well.

Why didn't he just fuck Mae Whitman?

his toenails are disgusting

>gay boy is hot.
He isn't a hot boy but would be a cute girl

I really liked it.

>author who wrote the book also wrote the screenplay for this movie/directed it
>literally does a terrible adaptation of his own book

How can you fuck up this hard? Jesus Christ.

lovely movie