>spain that much higher than germany
>england so close to germany

It's not my fault Spanish teams are better at this shit than Germans teams

>Greece has been slowly climbing down
all the big teams are mediocre
>Austria slowly climbing up
red bull money
>Belgium slowly climbing up
they managed to create one of the best young generations of players right now, its their "golden age"
>Czech republic quickly climbing up
no idea why, they always have great players and good national team(tho its shit in recent years) but they never to well in club competitions, maybe their teams finally gotgud
>Romania shot down
not sure when was the last time they had a team in CL
>Cyprus going up and down although top 3 are getting better
they are doing well, APOEL is always a CL groups contender/LE material
>Bulgaria shot down even though Ludogorets getting better
all our teams failed to qualify for either CL or LE this year and aside for that, our league is literally 1 horse race in the last 5-6 years(ludogoretswinslol).The other big teams here are a complete clusterfuck, CSKA is a fuking joke, the team got relegated because of debts, they made another one, so now there are two CSKA teams, one of which in fucking third division and because of all the shitshow around that and who owns the license they arent allowed to play in European competitions til 2019 i think, which means one of the 3 better teams here cant up the score with eventual wins.Levski on other hand are completely mediocre in recent time, but in the last year or so started spending money and got some good youth talents so hopefully they will start doing better sooner or later.Botev are a meme, but they sometimes do well

The thing with Austria is I'm not sure how one team can be inflating the whole league ranking, especially since the highest olympiacos is a better team than Red Bull

As for Romania, I'm just not sure why they started sucking so bad out of nowhere, but it could be like the same deal as Bulgaria

>Greece has been slowly climbing down
That's due to the economic crisis there. Greek clubs used to be rich as fuck, but now they're falling behind because the country as a whole has a weak economic base.
>Austria slowly climbing up
You need to be careful here, leagues around the 15th spot often oscillate wildly because you get an extra divisor at rank 15. These leagues also tend to be relatively inconsistent. Anything from Czechia to Croatia is really close and rankings can change wildly when clubs pull off a good season in Europe or miss out on it. In Austria's specific case it's definitely not lemonade money that's doing it, RBS used to win EL group stages 7 years ago as well.
>Belgium slowly climbing up
Really just a league focusing on developing talent, selling it off and using that money to finance a solid spine to the team that allows for the development of more talents. They're maximizing their ressources, it's definitely not due to magically getting a good generation of players because those don't play for a Belgian club anyway.
>Czech republic quickly climbing up
Once again, we're in the volatile part of the table, shit changes quickly here. Czech clubs have been profiting from a very stable league, that always sends the same clubs to Europe, which allows for longer term planning. Czech clubs also don't focus as much on developing talents, they'd rather have a good 27 year old than a mediocre 20 year old that can be sold in 2 years for a few million and that pays off in Europe.
>Romania shot down
just overall poor performances for quite some time now
>Cyprus going up and down although top 3 are getting better
For a nation of its size and economic base, Cyprit clubs are doing really well, you can't expect consistency of a league like that
>Bulgaria shot down even though Ludogorets getting better
Classic phenomenon in many mediocre European leagues. The top teams get CL money and become better than any other team

These things go in cycles. Scotland were 10th in 2007 and are now 24th or something

ples watch the fin legue

Really good post

Now that Rangers 2.0 are in the top division, does anyone see the Scottish League starting to go back up?

That makes a lot of sense
The only thing is, Austrian clubs are high enough to have a team automatically
Go into the group stages, while Czech Republic isn't far behind, so I don't think they'll oscillate much

Either one of 4 things has to happen, arabsor Chinese buy Scottish clubs, Scotland tries to develop more talent, they put bigger price tags on players going to England, or teams convince better players to join their clubs so they can stand up to Celtic

Now that I look at it, probably not.
>Rangers lost a fucking team from Luxembourg in the first round of this year's Europa.
>St. Johnstone lost to a team from Lithuania in the first round
>Aberdeen lost to a team from Cyprus in the third round

Scottish soccer is fucking pathetic.

I'm sure they'll get better. Look at the Czech league

>The only thing is, Austrian clubs are high enough to have a team automatically
No they aren't, you are looking at the preliminary table, which is dominated by leagues that have many teams in the qualifiers. Those have a chance to gain points early but usually fall behind once leagues with guaranteed group stage spots enter the fray.

A few weeks ago, Swiss media was in collective agony because their clubs had been performing a so poorly in Europe. Guess what, YB have a guaranteed EL spot and might even get into the CL, while Basel haven't played a single game set. No wonder the Swiss are falling behind in the preliminary rankings. Things will normalize eventually.

Scottish football would profit from moving it's league start into late mid July. That way clubs could already gather match fitness for the qualifiers.

My bad you were right. Here's the right one, which basically confirms what I was saying in the OP but has different standings

Remind me again when was the last time a German club won the Europa League?

1997 when Schalke won it

The fin league? Why? When was the last time any finish team got into a European competition

Thats a pretty far drop. why is that?

Last 5 years:
Spain won 4 UCL and 3 EL
Germany won a UCL
England won 2 EL

What's your point?

Scottish football went down the shitter when rangers went bust, now it's celticwinslol

1998/99, when HJK got qualified to group stage

They were also in the 2014-15 Europa league

True, but half the leagues in Europe are like that, even the some of the good ones

He probably thought like me it was about NT not clubs

Mostly because of money.
Most clubs lost investors in the last decade so the league became Steaua buys everyone.
But Steaua's owner is an over-religious version of Trump who only gets shitty coaches and fires them every 3 to 6 months so they suck as well.

The only glimmer of hope we have is Hagi's team who is build mostly from the players in his academy and who won the league last year

>The thing with Austria is I'm not sure how one team can be inflating the whole league rankin
Because they had consecutive years when teams got like 5 or 6 wins in a row in EL group stage.

I feel bad for Romania because you guys actually won the champions league and now all your teams suck

I posted the one used for the CL. I think the one I originally posted was a combo of the national team and domestic league

>Russia above Portugal

That one is bs. They just have Zenit and I doubt it's performed any better than Porto and Benfica over the last 4 years.

Some really bad performances in Europe from Celtic and Rangers (going out in qualifiers etc) and our other teams failing to make UEFA cup group stages. Then when Rangers died Celtic became the sole representative essentially and had some more howlers in qualification. Board refused to invest properly while the new Rangers were climbing up the leagues and populated the team with unfit players. Only recovering now because they embarrassed us in a cup semi final 2 seasons ago.

>tfw so close to 15th place

cmon guys, we can have half of league in Europe

Below Liechtenstein.

Each russian team usually does between 12 and 15 points in UEL group stage and qualifies to eliminatory stages. Add this with poor performance of portuguese teams in last UEL editions.

wtf France has bought Neymar by fearing us

soon

>half of group stage slots only for 4 countries

when Jupiler League and Eredivisie will finally merge and be part of the top 6 ?

Keep a belgian and a dutch national cups and put Anderlecht, PSV and Ajax together

Gotta keep those Chinese, Pakistani, Thai fans happy you know

Clubs from outsider countries could attract them too

Rijeka and Hajduk are already out, Osijek will probably lose and Dinamo might shit the bed aswell.

That's already the case.

For croatian coefficient, it would be better Rijeka choke to Olympiakos and conquer some points in UEL group stage

>attracting them with half-empty half-grassy stadiums

Those don't care about the atmosphere, you know that ?

>losing a crucial game
>getting more points

dat logic

even if Rijeka gets knocked out they'll still land in the EL, but regardless 2-1 away is a very decent result
Hajduk looks proper fucked but english clubs do tend to shit the bed in EL qualifiers, Osjiek already beat a better team than Austria and Dinamo are already through

honestly 3/4 seems very possible, and it would be an amazing result

Rijeka can get between 7 and 10 points in UEL group stage. In UCL group stage, 3 points would be a big achievement

You get 4 points just for making the CL group stage

failing the playoff is only beneficial to the coefficent if you manage to reach the knockouts in the EL
doable for Rjieka, yes, but definitely not easy

Let's hope so, I always cheer for Italian footie squads btw fratello

Well, yes, but you also receive 4 bonus points for reaching the CL group stage.

noice, i love Croatia, been there three times on vacation already, always had a cracking time
i even bought your NT's shirt, love the design