Why

How the hell does the most generic Spanish song get 4.7 billion views? I FEEL LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS

youtu.be/kJQP7kiw5Fk

IM POSTIVE THE ONLY REAON PEOPLE ENJOY IT ARE FOR TWO REASONS
>following the crowd
>because it’s in Spanish lol

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JLBZBnrJQXo
youtu.be/Nf6UCfL_xCc
youtube.com/watch?v=vtC3RxlsIR4
youtube.com/watch?v=36ocNYCWBls
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wrote this for the lulz a bit ago.

In a country now divided by the idea of immigration, and a president supporting the banning and condemnation of innocent non-Americans, this is a time to celebrate diversity in our world. Despacito, a song about finding the beauty and love in any person, encapsulates the beautiful feeling of acceptance and love, hence its amazing viewcount.

Either that or I'm looking too hard inside such a garbage song. Even Shakira's weaker tracks have more merit than this nonsense.

Because it was played everywhere the last year
The song is a 5/10 at least but is catchy as fuck, that's the reason why it has more than 1MM views

There are fewer than 400M people in the US, most of those views are from South America

Because Justin Bieber

>catchy

This doesn’t mean anything Justin Bieber doesn’t merit 4.7 billion views even Pharrell Williams “because I’m happy” didn’t reach 1 billion

I do think you and I are thinking similar. I think it’s been shilled in a sense that because eveything seems so politically oriented lately that it’s not really used for a song purpose but rather an agenda

>: 7D7F5578-E4CA-4576-B5CF-B(...).jpg
stopped reading there desu. back to which ever website you got that nigger tier reaction picture from.

>being so autistic you read filenames
>implying it doesn’t accuratly represent a facial reaction

It got popular the same way Gangnam Style, lots of ghost views.

Spics

>File: D0F79908-E156-4EC0-BBFB-7(...).jpg
desu they never learn do they?

T H I S
H
I
S

Americans (Murricans) often (nearly always) forget that there's an entire 1.5 continents sitting underneath them holding over half a billion people.

yeah I'm a spic/sudaca and this also baffles me

I'm not even saying OMGZ IT SUX ITS SOO PLEB, more like, exactly why it became so popular is so intriguing to me as well. It's so fucking generic, in a sea of mediocrity, I cannot tell anything that separates it from other songs

this song is no different from the rest of your everyday reggaeton
it only gets attention because it's already popular

and reggaeton should have died in the late 90's with El Chombo, before its commercialization shifted into singer-driven promotion instead of putting the producer on top

you sound like a huge faggot

viewbots

It got big with soccer

>with El Chombo

c'mon now, easy on the memes

this is the peak of reggaeton

youtube.com/watch?v=JLBZBnrJQXo

everyone knows that

While we're on the subject, we all can agree that this is the superior version of the song, right?

youtu.be/Nf6UCfL_xCc

yeah I know about Playero, been playing this track lately:

youtube.com/watch?v=vtC3RxlsIR4

which shines in comparison to their newer version

youtube.com/watch?v=36ocNYCWBls

what I meant is that when El Chombo got in it should have ended there before it got plagued with the era of the lone reggaeton star with a bunch of producers at their backs doing the same tired thing

btw I haven't heard that version
what a piece of shit holy fuck

Just re-read your comment re: el chombo, sorry I'm tired, I get it now

I remember listening to Tego Calderon and thinking he was sikk af, but then right after Gasolina ruined everything, and ironically, Tego's lazy as fuck DUDE SIMILES LMAO and LOOK HOW LAZY MY FLOW IS generated a shit load of imitators, and helped turn reggaeton into the derivative piece of shit that it is nowadays

The magic from Playero will never be reproduced. Recorded in shitty studios when reggaeton was still on its hip hop + dembow/dancehall phase. It was new and exciting.

I guess its downfall was bound to happen no matter what

>is catchy as fuck
it's not catchy at all though, it's so boring and straightforward the melody doesn't stick with you at all. i can't even remember how it goes.
most big pop songs are awful but i can at least remember what they sound like and understand why their popular.
despicito sounds like some throwaway album filler song that was written in 5 minutes that somehow became really popular

>catchy
I literally cannot remember any melody from that song apart from "DES-PA-CITO" and the generic reggaeton rhythm

>tfw will never witness a genre be born at some low-barrio gangster club

>tfw first tape I ever bought was Playero 40 in 1996

Its a song thats warm sounding and was released in the middle of winter. It's really catchy and most people dont speak Spanish in America so it has the novelty of being slightly exotic. The video has hot girls and the dude looks slick. I watched that Blurred Lines video a bunch even though the song was kind of catchy but annoying