Millennials are not "choosing" to live at home

Millennials do not choose to live with their parents. They do it because they can't get a job because most degrees are useless or most jobs require like 2 years previous experience. Experience which usually comes in the form of an unpaid or low wage internship. Also those who do get a job usually earn fuck all and have to pay their judent loans.

Other urls found in this thread:

theherald-news.com/2015/03/09/welders-wanted-as-boomers-retire-demand-for-skilled-welders-grows/al213xz/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah no shit

Boomers used cheap credit and mass immigration to drive up the price of housing

Then they outsourced every jobs and used mass immigration to drive down wages

Finally they increased taxes on labor and industry in order to make employing people impossible.

literally nothing they have ever done was a good idea in the slightest. Truly they are the most kiked generation.

It was a good idea from their point of view

>Go to trade school
>Take classes on underwater welding
>Get scuba certified
>Make about 60k a year starting

How was it good? It literally made them poorer in the long term and it fucked up their kids (i.e genx and millennials). The same kids that boomers complain about being lazy for not being able to find jobs and have families.

is polsci a useless course?

Trade jobs are great, but the problem is they are never presented as options for most high schoolers. Also trade jobs are so demonized having one sort of destroys your dating prospects.

It was a good idea for boomers because they get free money in the term of increased housing costs.

They get to buy a house in 1970 for $200,000 and sell it in 2016 for $3 million

or they can just flip houses during the boom and make money.

not to mention the fucking unions that will blacklist you if you don't pay in

Protip: "2 Years Minimum Experience" is just a ruse to weed out all the lazy fucks.

It depends on if its sjw polsci. It also depends on why you are taking it and how much you are spending.

>Get eaten by a shark or sea monster.....

There's also the problem that there aren't enough trade jobs. If all unemployed millennials suddenly shifted to them the field would just become saturated and we're back at square one.

Not really. A lot of companies are willing to let you bypass that as long as you have someone in the company to vouch for you.

Quick question, who would hire a kid at current minimum wage, when you can hire an illegal for dirt cheap or an older unskilled worker for the same cost?

> It literally made them poorer in the long term
It did not. Most boomers still own very expensive houses.
> it fucked up their kids (i.e genx and millennials). The same kids that boomers complain about being lazy for not being able to find jobs and have families.
They don't care.

my uni is pretty conservative (participating in any form of activism could be a reason for expulsion), i take it so i could study law after, i spend $400 per semester.

No one

that's the whole point of outsourcing and illegal immigration

it drives down wages.

The good news is they all have to die eventually. Then the wealth gets passed down.

You should see the shit I have to go through to get a fucking mortgage. They want fucking 6 pay stubs, years worth of transactions from my bank account, and a entire fucking essay why I have 6 old as fuck credit shits on my account which are all old as shit AND you have shit like this

to be honest I choose to live at home for the free food more than anything

PASSED DOWN TO THE IMMIGRANTS THEY IMPORTED.

an employer who wants to get beaten on price by a competitor who can pass the savings on to the consumer

these fuckwits act like millenials are just dumb or something

we know what's going on, we don't have the power to change laws

the only thing i've been able to do is study so that I can be self employed, and that is also a huge gamble

there's nothing safe EXCEPT being born rich

What do you do when you reach the the age of 40-50 when your eyes start going bad and you can no longer lift shit anymore what do you do? Keep doing that shit till you are what 65? 70? Yeah you can save up for retirement but good fucking luck saving enough if you want kids.

This is a problem with all these construction jobs and so on. How about plumbing? You can get your own business but eventually your body just won't work anymore and I know that most of those corporate plumbing companies don't give good retirements anymore.

It will be weird though, there will be so many people who come into a shitload of money at 45 when their parents finally die off and they have no idea how to handle it because they've been living with their parents their entire lives.

Most will spend their money before they die.

>having an income destroys dating prospects
-Sup Forums 2016

I seriously got into an office construction job with no manual labor in less than a year by not being a dumbass. Pays well too..

Negative interest rates to punish those of us who have become accustomed to spending minimally.

We'll park our money in banks and the banks and government will make us pay for the privilege because we aren't cucksuming like they did in the 50s/60s/70s/80s/90s when every dipshit was rich for nothing cause they were enjoying that post ww2 money

Most don't really have wealth outside of their homes to pass down. Also by the time they die most millenials will be in their 40's and 50's with fuck all to show for all that time.

>Choose a worthless degree
>Can't get a job after graduating
>Move home

I was forced move home. I'm not accountable for my actions. Once we topple the patriarchy I can earn 6 figures with my women's study degree.

>there's nothing safe EXCEPT being born rich
You could be a doctor or a lawyer. The problem is that it takes like 12 years of schooling+training to do that in Burgerland. Plus even though you have a good salary most of it goes to paying the massive debt you have for going to med or law school.

It's over hoarding gold is our future.

>be me
>know my mom has over $1m in straight cash not to mention assets
>know her will is to split everything evenly between me and my two siblings
>know my dad has a bunch of assets as well he's been coasting off since grandma died
>seriously would not mind if my siblings died and I got everything
I have a really dysfunctional family but such is life

Those jobs are extremely unstable. More so than other fields. Also how many office jobs are their for trades.

>tfw living on my own for 10 years and not finishing colllege

Better to be poor than cucked

nice job straw manning.
Having a certain job destroys dating prospects. Being a plumber, even if you earn 60k a year, lowers your value as a partner to most women.

Software development a good degree? Halfway through it now.

>thinking anyone does trades into their 60s.

-more dumb shit Sup Forums says.

now im reallg starting to think that the board has been infested with crazy hillshills.

you use the income from your trade to put yourself through school, and never even go into debt in the first place.

tough idea to come up with, i know

law is saturated in the US and AUS (im doing a law undergrad)

And now thanks to the TPP any lawyer from Mexico can come and work in the US/AUS, not just Mexico, any Party to the TPP can practice law in other countries

There's nothing safe.

Medicine though, yeah I think that's safe enough, if you want to invest 8 years and work with sick shitheads for the rest of your life, you'll probably be wealthy

You are the lucky one not EVERYONE can get into that office construction job you do realize?

Even "good" degrees don't do much nowadays. Most of the kids in my year who were engineering majors graduated without jobs or went to grad school because they couldn't get one.

Almost no degree really offers good job prospects anymore.

Although I do agree certain degrees don't make sense regardless.

I live on my own and make enough to get by, but if I have to hear the "firm handshake" talk again I'm going to lose it.

Doing the best I can here.

>implying gold isn't just another fiat currency

company's been around for 20+ years and works all over the US with multimillion contracts. It's pretty stable and even a position where I can move up. And even if they fall under there are loads of other places you can jump to after very quickly. I work for a place in a lower position that went under and in a week I was at another company.

>women
What about people who don't care about bitches, but only money?

>Not on track to go to college in HS
>We don't care about you, because you're a loser. Fuck teaching you skills.
>Go to college
>Sure we have your money, but we have to teach you the basics that you never learned in high school. Oh, and we have no incentive to teach you skills or help you get employment either. Good luck. Also pls gib mone

what women? did you think youre gonna date a celeb?

ffs, 60k is over the national median pay. i romise you a lot of women will date someone making 60k. especially if that same person isnt in debt.

60k with no debt is basically the same thing as making 85k and having 90k in debt.

plus you can use all that sweet discretionary income to pay for things like school out of pocket rather than going and begging the govt for more staffords

>you use the income from your trade to put yourself through school, and never even go into debt in the first place.
Debt is only one of the problems. The other is that there still aren't any jobs. Me and a bunch of guys I know at uni graduated debt free due to scholarships. We still don't have jobs.

>can't get a job because most degrees are useless
>can't get a job because most degrees they pick are useless
Spot the difference?

>med student
>get into conversation with some other student
>he says he has to study 24/7 but is managing perfect grades
>was quite impressed, asked him what he studies
>tells me "electricaI engineering"
>mfw
>wonder if he was being serious about his degree being hard
>turns out he was
>instantly Iose respect for him

I assume there's a few engineering students on here, so I'm actualIy curious. Do you guys actually think your degree is difficuIt or are you at the stage where you realise anyone could do it?

Is there a particular reason you didn't do internships every summer in uni?

>law is saturated in the US and AUS (im doing a law undergrad)
If you go to a top 10 school you still have decent chances, but good luck getting in if your name doesn't (((echo)))

>Medicine though, yeah I think that's safe enough, if you want to invest 8 years and work with sick shitheads for the rest of your life, you'll probably be wealthy
Doctors really aren't that wealthy anymore. Most just enjoy an upper middle class standard of living. Although they do have the lowest job satisfaction rating and the highest suicide rate outside the military in America.

That's fine, but for someone who wants a family then they are fucked.

>thinking anyone does trades into their 60s.

You don't understand what I am saying here. I'm saying that the not everyone can get there own plumbing business started. There must be workers that work for corporation that don't supply there workers with good retirement plans or really any plans at all not saying there isn't companies that have good plans. However you cannot tell me that doing plumbing past 50 or really any labor intensive job will be good for you. Shit I don't even think companies will hire you because they are afraid of on the job accidents. Honestly I don't give a shit I just see many of my older friends that are in there 50s having horrendous health issues and STILL working there asses off to the brink of extremely painful daily lives to where its so bad you must start loading up on drugs. Even just being in the sun for long periods of time fucks with these older people. Not to mention that lots of these older people shouldn't be working taking up space.

Wrong. They are kept alive until there isn't a cent left.

good thinv you learned that trade to fall back on when there arent any ... oh wait nvm.

seriously, go apply at safelite or something. w/e you can do to close those employment gaps, just ha e a skill you can fall back on bc even if you do find an 90k a year job that requires a degree, its really not gonna seem like enough. with your trade, provided you find ways to keep it from overlapping with your real job, you can work two jobs and put yourself well into six figures.

>ffs, 60k is over the national median pay. i romise you a lot of women will date someone making 60k. especially if that same person isnt in debt.
Sure they will date you. Until they find out you are a plumber. At that point they will be looking to branch swing as soon as possible.

>rockefeller10thhearttransplant.jpg

Most degrees are useless. Both statements are true. The problem is that even seemingly good degrees like engineering and sciences are useless now.

You realize sitting at a desk for 8-10hrs at a time is just as harmful right?

You become the foreman and order the young cunts around.

Most of them require relocation for the summer which isn't really an option. Also for a lot of people who work over the summer to pay for college an unpaid internship really isn't feasible.

You can't be serious?

I'd like to believe that everyone will end up like that.

im not saying that. im saying if you manage to work all the way up until 50+ without putting yourself in a financially secure position, the problem isnt that there arent enough jobs, its because you never really wanted more than that.

basically, work for a decade and save up money to go back to school working as a plumber up to the time youre 30-35.

its much better than going into debt plus you end up with the possibility to have two jobs

I'm also a med student. I don't understand the engineering meme. Engineering is tough. Atleast at my uni it was. I would have engineering friends who took organic chem with me get A's and when they took their engineering classes most would barely get C's.

moving the goal post from dating to marrying. thats about a 5-10 year difference and not what we were talking about

Life isn't always as clean cut as you think its and you'll see that when you are 70 too.

I had to move back in with my parents after 08' when jobs in my field went to shit. We all live on a 125 acre parcel now. Separate 20 acre "lots" that all of us pitched in to buy. People nowdays seem to forget the joy of a family that works together.

Yes I'am. They're called blood clots. Look them up. Sitting for 8-10hrs a day is horrible for your health.

>Still living with parents
>Have no interest in going back to College again
>Don't want to get a degree/don't know what degrees exist that I'd being willing for the job or want to even DO the job itself
>No motivation, lazy/scared to work
>Want to live on my own, but I can't push myself into doing anything anymore

Hate having been handed things to me from an early age. I can't even do shit without having someone/something force me into doing it. I deserve to be on that chart.

Join the club user.

We all know that fucking feel.

Are you actually autistic. You keep moving the goalposts back and forth.

1. Trade jobs are not a feasible long term option due to the physical stress. By the time you are 50+ it starts because to much on your body.

2. Even if you used the money to pay for a degree. Great. Now you have a useless degree. Also good luck being debt free. Even with 60k there's no way you are getting a 4 year degree at a good college in America with only that much income per year

3. Now you have the trade job to fall back on. Except now you don't because you are still going to hit 50+ years old and have to quit. Except now you have a useless degree with no job prospects.

4. Now you might ask. Save that money and invest. Good luck getting 40 years of savings(20-60) to last you 30+ years of retirement (60-90+)

Sure it's not good for your health, but at 68 years old I can still type and work an an office comfortably. I probably can't be a welder or a roofer thought. Also as long as you exercise you are fine. Just get up and walk every couple of hours.

>not typical neet living with parents
>go to gym 3-4 times a day and keep fit
>can lift 2 plates
>still no job
>everyone looks down on me because they think I'm lazy
>I just want a good job but can't get any

STOP JUDGING ME AT LEAST I'M GOING OUTSIDE AND DOING SOMETHING

Not really. Unless i'm going to only be a plumber for 5-10 years.

Have you never had a job before? At 50+ yrs old you're not doing entry level work.

Guys we should just plan a mass suicide, that will solve the problem

68 lol. Why are you still working at 68?

>1. Trade jobs are not a feasible long term option due to the physical stress. By the time you are 50+ it starts because to much on your body.

i think this is the most beta thing i have ever seen o nthis site. people have been doing physical jobs for thousands of years but now we have decided it's too stressful on our bodies to continue? LEL

inner city crack head person on welfare with 10 kids
>oh he's down on his luck. stop discriminating against him. Just give him some benefits and he'll improve. Stop calling him lazy

young adult male. fit.4 year degree at good college with a high GPA. Still no job
>you lazy entitled fuck. you are such a loser. I can't believe you still live with your parents.

What kind of promotion is there with a trade job? Even if you were promoted. You are still doing difficult physical fucking labor. Which isn't really feasible at 50+

>can lift 2 plates

>4. Now you might ask. Save that money and invest. Good luck getting 40 years of savings(20-60) to last you 30+ years of retirement (60-90+)
You can do it easily make that money last forever if you are smart about it.

Are you some rich fuck in the Hamptons.

Most people work into their 70's now. The only people that retire at 65 are those who are rich with a nice nest egg. Or those you know they are going to die at 75.

You really think the average persons retirement fund on a 60k a year salary is going to last them 30+ years of retirement.

>people have been doing physical jobs for thousands of years but
Not into old age, no. We used to have the birthrate to not do that.

Not really. In olden times. It would be the children that would start doing the heavy labor. The older men would then do easier things such as plowing the field or managing.

Also with a lot of trades such as welding accuracy is important. At 60 years old your hands aren't as stable and your eyes aren't as good.

Manager or owning your own business. For instance the oil fields is backbreaking working but being a foreman is a easy job physically

Muh 2008 fucked up a lot of retirement plans, it's part of the problem. The people that were supposed to retire never did and the jobs that were supposed to open up never did. Add automation, immigration, outsourcing, etc to it and there you go.

theherald-news.com/2015/03/09/welders-wanted-as-boomers-retire-demand-for-skilled-welders-grows/al213xz/
>The average age of the welder is about 60 years old in the country,
It's probably not impossible, desu.

I have a masters in IT and can't find work LOL just fucking kill me

Really theres no convincing them. They'll just have to go into debt to find out that I've been there, I'm right now, and they'll remember I tried to tell them in 20 years when they're still paying down debt and making

>Living with other kin
Back to Tumblr

Fucking hell, pump out a few kids and make them pay for your upkeep, or move to a cuck country like Sweden that'll give you free shit.

Don't worry so much user. The technological singularity is coming soon enough so we don't need to worry about petty things such as this.

Listen if you can make 5% of 60k invested over 40 years last another 40+ years that easily then you should be the head of an investment firm

I've thought the same thing about my siblings.

>Manager or owning your own business
great so every plumber now has to start their own business.

The only reason these salaries are high is because of this shortage. If we suddenly have 5-10 people applying for each welding position that salary is going to start dropping.

If you havent notice people live longer now and back in those OLDEN days the children would take over or you'd just die at a younger age.