youtube.com/watch?v=nrfQ5ihKOjU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Athens,_Georgia
youtube.com/watch?v=GuFw4IZWOUE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

correct, it's not the best Animal Collective album though

yes
also yes

*blocks your path*

It honestly probably is, earlier AnCo is stronger though overall, though for different reasons
That album has good pop influence on the select tracks but it takes more from experimental influences (ie in the vein of the Beatles) to an extent that makes it not accurately labeled as just a “pop” album

sup

Not even as good as Person Pitch.

sopt shitposting

panda is the cutest, then deakin, then geo, then avey

avey looks like a douche

t. fag

t. hipster soyboy
t. underage

>"you didn't forget me did you?"

When is Anco gonna release something new?

fuck deakin.

bad taste

reported

My nigga
Yuck
Helll yea

No one's really been talking about this kid. He's pretty decent, even did a cover of Two Headed Boy

youtube.com/watch?v=-itZVX-SUkI

youtube.com/watch?v=nrfQ5ihKOjU

*teleports in front of you*

yeah, it's pretty fucking good.

honestly AnCo is probably going to be remembered as one of the seminal pop/rock groups of our era

Greatest Pop Album of the past 20 years is here now

This and most influential out of all these

correct answer

/thread

lol

Not best pop, but best neo-psychedelia hands down.

all the dudes in this band unironically think my band is incredible but normies hate it so we are fading out of existence because we can't make money

they need to cut his balls before his voice drops his voice is great.

yep

anco is amazing but nothing compared to of montreal in their prime

/thread

Saw them in show a couple months ago. Great concert

you guys need to stop trying
mpp blows all of these out of the water

>recorded in athens georgia
>athens georgia band
>athens georgia band
makes you wonder

>recorded in Athens, Georgia

I mean, there's a wikipedia article about it so
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Athens,_Georgia

"After several months listening over the recordings, the album was mixed by the band and Allen at Chase Park Transduction in Athens, Georgia – a studio familiar to Allen, based round a Sony MXP3036 console. The three active members of Animal Collective suggested that, from start to finish, the procedure which led to Merriweather Post Pavilion was one of the happiest, most trouble-free of their careers."

as a pop album mpp is not fucking with hissing fauna

It's definitely the cultivation of all their strengths

You're thinking of Sung Tongs.

it's probably their best album structurally but not their best music or most interesting sound, not by far

I personally love sung tongs the most. It was the album that actually got me into them even though mpp was already out.
However mpp displays the largest scope of their sound while remaining true to their roots. It was just simply a massive album , it's unfortunate that all their releases afterwards have been really subpar. But I can't imagine anyone making such a fantastic album then repeating that again.

>the largest scope of their sound while remaining true to their roots
Centipede Hz was closer to the roots of AnCo then MPP was, and had a far greater scope. You sound like a p4k drone.

Its unironically this though

AHEM

best ps3-core album tbqh

it's not and you know it

this

CHz was to AnCo what Congratulations was for MGMT. Filtering out all the plebs.

>Not even as good as Person Pitch.

Not many album are. Person Pitch is in my top 10 favorite albums of all time. MPP isn't a fair comparison because their drastically different. MPP is still fantastic though.

Yeah, this is probably the one. Merriweather Post Pavilion is nowhere near as pretty or well-produced.

>athens
really makes ya think

Probably the best album of all time too, every single song is 10/10 except one or two

This is the best pop album in the last 20 years.

I think Strawberry Jam is their best imo. That and Feels are both fantastic albums but both show different sides of AnCo. Maybe the reason why MPP is the best is because it features a good blend of Avey’s and Panda’s vocals? Regardless, if I had to pick the best album, it’d be Strawberry Jam

Reported

name a more iconic duo

OTC and oM were from the same scene genius
that's mixed, not recorded, genius

man you're really smart aren't you?

Isn't this folk?

How can either of those be the "cultivation of all their strengths" when neither of them even featured the whole band?

That would have to be either Feels or HCTI, which are incidentally their best albums.

What? It's not even contemporary faulk, it's straight baroque pop

>Feels
I was never able to really get into HCTI, but Feels is their best album full stop

yeah but it's not a pop album
neither is this even though it's still pretty good

what do you guys think of the new of montreal single btw
youtube.com/watch?v=GuFw4IZWOUE