Thoughts on this film?

Thoughts on this film?

I liked this film when I saw it, when I was 13. Though I do not know if I would like it now.

Linklater is a hack and any time someone tells me they like his films I know they're a tasteless pleb.

it's a Kino
learn the difference

Is this trap?

I don't know how he gets away with making such dialogue-based films. Cardinal sin of the medium.

>dialogue-based films
what the fuck does that even mean?

He comes from an era of silent films.

You're a moron. The entire point of the medium is to experience time in different ways. Linklater has been making that the point of his films for literally his entire career.

people talking only

pleb

cool.

Clerks is better

meme movie

Perfection

is this bait or a legit criticism
literally the worst 'critique' i've ever read

>film
>not primarily a visual medium

>films where dialogue drives the sequence of images and not the other way around
>not hackish and pedestrian

Truly I live amongst seas of plebs

not an argument

holy shit, how pleb can one person possibly be?

you're breaking all kinds of records.

movies aren't held down by one aspects, it's like saying Lyrics don't matter in music.

They do.

>can't come up with a counter argument
>I-I'll call him a turbo pleb!

Why do I still come here

I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to say

But I'll counter anyway and say bad lyrics bring the whole song down

>low budget experimental film
>not relying on dialog

???????

I'm saying lyrics matter just as much as Dialog.

>what is silent film
>what is instrumental music

Lyrics and dialogue are always supplementary materials to any true expression of the given medium. Never said they can't be a fantastic part of either, but misuse and abuse of them leads more often than not to underwhelming work. Like Linklater.

Woody Allen is a great example of someone who can use dialogue prominently while still staying true to the medium of film

Linklater is essentially conversations set to pictures. You might as well just listen to the film and get the nearly the same effect.

>what's Certified Copy
also the medium doesn't have a "right way" every director is free to do whatever the fuck he wants to portray his aesthetic

>Clerks is better
LOL!