This review reads like an 8.8. I wonder which Pitchfork employee keeps dragging down his scores

This review reads like an 8.8. I wonder which Pitchfork employee keeps dragging down his scores.

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/ty-segall-freedoms-goblin/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dadrock revival needs to fucking dead

war on drugs, ty segall, kurt ville GO AWAY !!!!!!!!!!

in what fucking way is Ty Segall similar to the War on Snooze and Kurt Vilefolkrock?

yea but do u hav a link tho

wow man ty's releasing a new one haha king gizz oh sees you going to burgerfest this year??!!

wow you weren’t kidding they had nothing but great things to say and no BNM

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/ty-segall-freedoms-goblin/

Ty Segall > Oh Sees >>>>>> King Kizzard

he's on drag city too, which is usually a label that can afford a bnm package
they always 7.6-8.2 softpan him. i'm used to them forcing that on ian cohen and all his emo shit but ty segall is the type of music their largest demographic would go nuts over. doesn't make sense.

That's backwards mate

King Gizzard so outstandingly talentless. Although, they have fooled you and so many others so I guess that's a talent.

It has nothing to do with talent

Ty Segall is boring as fuck.

King Gizzard is at least entertaining

Ty Segall is the best songwriter of the bunch in terms of putting together a strong melody, arrangement, production, etc.

Thee Oh Sees bring the best energy and are the most consistently interesting with where they take their sound.

King Gizzard in my opinion is definitely the most gimmicky, but they have the best music videos and their aesthetic comes together nicely.

All three are great but very different. In the end it mostly comes down to preference.

I agree about the oh sees.
Disagree about the other two.
In fact I would switch their descriptions.

Ty Segall is, in my opinion, by far the most forgettable of the three.
Personally I think he has the weakest melodies and production.

I've yet to hear a song of his (let alone album) that's stuck with me and made me want to revisit it.

stop arguing about burger rock

Have you listened to this new one? The production is way cleaner than anything King Gizz have ever released.

I like Ty cause he always takes it in a more Beatles/T. Rex/Ziggy-era Bowie direction than the other two, and I love that sound. Manipulator gets good rotation in my car, not because it's extremely original or anything but it's got strong melodies and blasting the Faker while speeding down the highway in the summer feels too right. In the end it's up to preference. I like all three so it's not worth splitting hairs

I agree he has cleaner production, but that doesn't inherently equal better in my opinion.
Maybe most the time, but for this genre (and the way king gizz uses "dirty" production to Gruffen their sound) it's a non issue and actually enhances it in my opinion.

I don't think he has "bad" production, but it fits the music less than the other twos do IMO.

And yeah I've heard it, still forgettable in my opinion though.
I'd say it's probably his strongest album, but I'd only rank it above one king gizz album, and not above any of the Oh Sees.

He just doesn't really resonate with me personally. I think King Tuff pulls off the aesthetic that Ty Segall goes for 10x better.

correct

ty segall is for people who deeply wish marc bolan never died

you haven’t heard enough ty albums then

it's an 8.68256, be precise

I fucking love Ty Segall

Anyone here who says you can't like Ty Segall should fuck right off.

im talking of his past few albums though, including the one this thread is about especially. it's big marc bolan worship again. not that I mind at all.

got a good download link?

9 tracks in and I got bored and turned it off. Pretty weak album this time around. Doesn't even deserve an 8.

you didn’t even finish it

if only he had face tattoos and mumbled he would have gotten a 9

who's got the dl though

what are you even talking about? where do you see pitchfork giving out 9s to face tatted mumble rappers?