/Classical/

racebait edition

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. is kill. rip Papillons
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. kill
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ybzaVcB9Phc
youtube.com/watch?v=BfVZRevRKv8
youtube.com/watch?v=YIdimmUtYOI&t=1726s
youtube.com/watch?v=bq1ueeJucA8
youtube.com/watch?v=zIXGGn1rVas
youtube.com/watch?v=GExvaDnLNyA
youtube.com/watch?v=FcnYbpJhpN4&t=3393s
youtube.com/watch?v=bVGBH8JmF5U
youtube.com/watch?v=U0Z56kWNVfs
amazon.com/Geometry-Music-Counterpoint-Extended-Practice/dp/0195336674
youtube.com/watch?v=DFTszVZ0v34
youtube.com/watch?v=C7jem-LgKgA
youtube.com/watch?v=pcHnL7aS64Y
youtube.com/watch?v=WMljyUYTqqM
youtube.com/watch?v=4LOWLe4kL3M
youtube.com/watch?v=79xeGcBBdf4
youtube.com/watch?v=KzJYbaAp7eQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ef-4Bv5Ng0w
youtube.com/watch?v=Tovh6JjaQ1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for Lindberg
youtube.com/watch?v=ybzaVcB9Phc

Sanz (underrated)
youtube.com/watch?v=BfVZRevRKv8

Is there any music more rich in soy than Stravinsky?

youtube.com/watch?v=YIdimmUtYOI&t=1726s

Pretty damn good actually. How does Finland do it? They're basically the only country producing music of substance at this point

Yes of course, Debussy

Ravel

youtube.com/watch?v=bq1ueeJucA8

Debussy was based, he was onto the kraut problem
youtube.com/watch?v=zIXGGn1rVas
>Jesu! Infant Jesu!
>Do not go to them
>Don't go back to them ever
>Punish them all!
>Avenge the children on France!

>jazz Ravel
yuck

And Stravinsky was a literal nazi

large government subsidies because you can't get rich exporting snow, crippling depression and memes

He literally wasn't. Perhaps you meant figuratively, or in agreement with, or sympathetic to.

to be fair yes but no composer ever incorporated managed to incorporate Jazz so tastefully as Ravel.

>rich in soy
>Stravinsky
fuck off you clueless idiot
Stravinsky was the beacon of masculinity in classical music in the 20th century

9's confirm. Strawhiskey is based

youtube.com/watch?v=GExvaDnLNyA

he literally thinks Stravinsky is for soyboys because that Opera company cast a black woman in the lead. Igor never would have stood for that shit.

>crippling depression

But I read a global survey that said Finns were among the happiest people on earth.

No he was not, this is forgery.
Seems that this rumor was born in the 30s, on the basis of his sympathy for Mussolini, whom he met once.
But in reality it wasn't uncommon, many prominent (and rather clever, see Merezhkovsky) Russian immigrants liked Mussolini for certain reasons, and all regretted it bitterly after the war. Hitler was a different story altogether.

>implyng there is something wrong with being fascist

Get out soybeaner

youtube.com/watch?v=FcnYbpJhpN4&t=3393s

Debussy

Get the fuck out of classical general, and never come back unless you learn what negative dialectics means, or else risk being outed as the true traitor and whore of the white race. This is not your meme-friendly shitpile where Sup Forumstants safely squirm through life.

Stravinsky is just boneless Rameau.

what's with all these Stradigits?

How can something this chaotic be this comfy?

they export it, weaponised as memes, leaving behind only catharsis

I knew downloading all these apustajas was fucking up my brain.

*modulates by an augmented 4th*

Petzold

Is there a music theory book that introduces concepts chronologically, with historical commentary, explaining the problems they were developed to solve?

schoenberg's theory of harmony kind of does that

youtube.com/watch?v=bVGBH8JmF5U

Tárrega

youtube.com/watch?v=U0Z56kWNVfs

amazon.com/Geometry-Music-Counterpoint-Extended-Practice/dp/0195336674
take a look, this may be helpful

I don't think you know the Nazis had racial laws. : /
Nothing as anti-soy as some faggot spamming naked pics of him on the internet.
youtube.com/watch?v=DFTszVZ0v34

Formerly Bach

JS Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=C7jem-LgKgA

yeah you fool, gay people are literally the opposite of soy
>soyboys are someone who's so desperate for attention of females that they deliberately pussify themselves in order to come across as being "sensitive nice guys", can never achieve this and end up being plain wimps

Daily reminder that the sound of traffic > Beethoven's and Mozart's music
youtube.com/watch?v=pcHnL7aS64Y

what is the loudest instrument in the orchestra by decibel, excluding memes like gong? Is it the trombone, the bass trombone, the timpani?

Anyone know where I can get the individual parts for Shostakovich string Quartet no 8?

>the kraut problem
if you see a people enriching the world with beautiful music for centuries as a problem, I pity you

no you bloody fool, the Cage's idea is,
the sound of traffic = Beethoven's and Mozart's music

>not Gershwin
>knocking something qt Martha touched with her fingers

was Stravinski jewish? the Nazis had no laws against other nations

No, he says his favorite form of musical expression is silence, which in today's world is traffic. And then says it's always different, unlike Beethoven's and Mozart's music.

Gershwin incorporated Jazz blatantly. Ravel created an amalgam of jazz and classic. In my opinion Jazz is the successor of impressionism aesthetics anyway, so the whole terminology doesn't make a lot of sense

anybody can say this edgy shit. Instead of considering whether traffic noises are beautiful or not I rather listen to something that mirrors the psychology of someone who's really interesting to me, like some Beethoven

youtube.com/watch?v=WMljyUYTqqM

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=4LOWLe4kL3M

Was Sibelius, dare I say, a soyboy?

To my ears, that piano is blatantly jazz. Like to the point 3 or 4 minutes in it even reminds me of Rhapsody in Blue. Also jazz came from blues, gospel and ragtime
youtube.com/watch?v=79xeGcBBdf4
it wasn't until later on it started borrowing from impressionism and other classical music.Though I guess to Ragtime borrows from classical music, but I also think it's somewhat impossible (at that time) to not borrow from European Classical music somewhat. But I get what you're saying about it being the aesthetic successor

>tfw a Finn and I'm ashamed that my fellow countrymen produce this garbage.

It's the digits speaking to us, telling us he truly is the last G*d composer to have lived.

are you, dare I say, brain-dead?

For me, it's P.D.Q. Bach

I was actually going to put "least of all Gershwin" in that very sentence, possibly withsseveral set of parentheses around his name

Stravinsky was a slav and the Nazis had laws against Jews, gypsies, slavs and other nations. In fact Stravinsky's music was banned in Nazi Germany.
Hindemith, Weill, Gershwin, Adams and Shostakovich all incorporated jazz much better than he did.

No.

well who cares, he was an idiotic faggot and musicc would probably be better off today if he'd never existed

>Adams

I see you are a man of jest

yeah, he's the only good (((((one))))

>the Nazis had laws against Jews, gypsies, slavs and other nations
if you're talking about the Nuremberg laws, they were only against jews

Dude all they had were Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Wagner and Schumann, it was shit after that and before

>all they had
implying this isn't enough. Besides that, there were Händel, Schubert, Richard Strauss, Schönberg, Hindemith, Haydn, Buxtehude, Petzold, Pachelbel, Mendelssohn and Mozart just from the top of my head

Oedipus rex is seriously shit and Stravinsky should feel bad for writing that neoclassical garbage

>Austrians and Imports
>Germans

>Richard Strauss, Hindemith, and Pachebel
>good

imports?
>Austrians
sigh, this discussion again

Handel was an Import, and Austrian music is very different from German

if anything Händel was an export. Germany and Austria didn't exist as separate nations in those days. At least Mozart talked about himself as German, and Debussy and anybody else wouldn't distinguish between Austrian and German music, but call every music from German speaking countries German

>(1/2)

>listing the fucking Petzold meme in your defense of German composers
I prefer German works too but come on.

yeah you're right. He should have listed Liszt instead.

>Dude all they had
so, what did other nations have?

Mozart's style was Italian, Bach was French/Italian influenced. German music didn't really begin until Weber and Beethoven, and peaked with Brahms and Wagner, everything after that was crap

Liszt was Hungarian, and even stated that Germanic music was stale, for the exception of Wagner.

Do you guys have a newfag chart for different genre's/era's? I want to get into piano sonatas but I have no idea where to begin.

Beethoven's
the best ones are 6, 8, 14, 18, 21, 23, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31 and 32

>Mozart's style was Italian, Bach was French/Italian influenced.

Mozart and Bach both wrote music to German lyrics. the fact that they were influenced by music of other nations doesn't make them less German.

>German music didn't really begin until Weber and Beethoven, and peaked with Brahms and Wagner,

that was when 'music of the nations' became a meme worldwide and Germany had its share. But that doesn't mean there was no German music before that.

>everything after that was crap

well, you seem to be a pleb or at least deprived of any musical talent. what can you say against Liszt and Strauss?

>Liszt was Hungarian, and even stated that Germanic music was stale

Liszt and the press wanted to let him look exotic and Liszt didn't like Germany that much, I guess. But he was a native German speaker. Would you call someone Hungarian, who couldn't speak more than a few Hungarian words all his life? Besides that, his mother was German and his father changed his name from 'List' to 'Liszt' only a few month befor Franz's birth, because the Hungarians would pronounce it 'Lisht'

the thing is: there are no bad Beethoven sonatas. 6, 14, 21 and 25 are probably the best for newbies, though

These books do.
They are very dense though, 4000ish pages in total. I've only read 100 pages, but those 100 pages did exactly what you are searching for. Starts out with the first written notes from gregorian chants, explains the social functions, history and theory behind it.

>what can you say against Liszt and Strauss?
The former is great and the latter is shit?

>Liszt and the press wanted to let him look exotic and Liszt didn't like Germany that much, I guess.
You are a fucking idiot, but I guess that just comes with liking Strauss. Liszt was a Hungarian nationalist through and through

>But that doesn't mean there was no German music before that.
There really wasn't, French and Italian music were more distinct, such as the concerto and suite, Germans never really had a form of their own

>the latter is shit?
no
>You are a fucking idiot
thanks
>Liszt was a Hungarian nationalist through and through
so much that he even couldn't speak the language?
>French and Italian music were more distinct, such as the concerto and suite, Germans never really had a form of their own
I don't get why adapting a form means that nothing original can come from it. why is everybody listening to Bach and Mozart then, if they didn't add anything of their own?

even if you'd take the undoubtetly German composers being Bach, Händel, Weber, Gluck, Beethoven, Brahms, Mendelssohn, Wagner, Schumann and Strauss it's absolutely dominant in comparison to other nations. But, as I pointed out, many more composers can be considered German. So I think my point still stands that the Germans enriched the world with their music for centuries

>student before me is an autistic 10 year old boy
>i can hear him inside the room shouting NOOO REEEEEEEE FUCK YOU IDIOT
>teacher is trying to calm him down
>eventually it's my lesson with him
>that expression of relief when he sees me and he's done with that kid
I honestly can't imagine how bad it must be to have to deal with kids starting to play instruments

>Germans never really had a form of their own
only that the sonata form was invented by the latters Bachs and Stamitz in Mannheim

KOREAN CLASSICAL
youtube.com/watch?v=KzJYbaAp7eQ

Chopin isn't Korean. As for interpretation, who cares where it comes from?

this guy a cute. A CUTE

idfk the Norton BOok

that's probably why they say you have to be a teacher you have to love what you do.

being desperately poor works too

what version of Chopin's E-Minor Prelude do you prefer?

Dvarionaite
youtube.com/watch?v=ef-4Bv5Ng0w

Argerich
youtube.com/watch?v=Tovh6JjaQ1A

Argerich has a higher reputation is a Chopin winner, but the tempo in her performance seems to fast to me.
On the other hand, the Dvarionaite performance seems to slow at some moments. She seems to have dismissed the stretto near the end.

I think overall the Argerich performance is better, but I like the melancholic feel the first performance has.

>tfw Wunderlich will never record Schubert's and Schumann's complete lieder
>tfw Wunderlich had to fall down stairs like a retard

See I wouldn't be able to unless I could fuck my qt female students/could be fucked to teach.

>Dvarionaite
uggo
>Argerich
based qt with nice tits
I think we know the clear winner

what are you playing user?
how old are you?

the worst thing I've heard from a music teacher is having a student hit a piano

trombone, male, 18
I just started, so I am studying with the teacher who usually teaches the newbies.

factories smash the piano keys with hammers to make sure they can withstand everything, not even autism can dent them

>underestimating the power of autism

>boneless

>comparing a 20th century Russian composer to an 18th century French one

How does that even make sense?

Looks like a hispter

>Was Sibelius, dare I say, a soyboy?
>Looks like a hispter
So I guess that faggot's right