Garage Rock / Psychedelic Rock

Somebody else who likes Thee Oh Sees?

yes. Great band, really enjoyed their last few albums.

yeah they're pretty cool.
Wand is a close favorite of mine. Ganglion Reef is such an amazing album

what do y'all think of Damaged Bugs?

>(s)

Best psych act out there at the moment. Too bad King Gizz is ripping them off so hard

For me personally I really don't think there is a better act in America then Thee Oh Sees.

All their records while not perfect 10/10 are pretty solid and their live shows are some of the best I've ever seen.

If you haven't seen them live yet go do it! You wont be disappointed!

>See an old friend from high school after like 3 or so years of virtually no contact
>Get handed the aux cord and play Night Expo/Gelatinous Cube
>He really likes it
Felt good

>yeah I like garage and psych rock, ty segall, thee oh sees, king gizzard the list could go on and on

You could consider liking both of them. You know, the rock field isn't super-full right now.

Love them. Mutilator Defeated At Last was god-tier AOTY 2015 for me.

Listen to Mike Dillon.

Oh sees hands down pants cock throttling best band this lifetime.

So says GOD

Nope
Ween

I don't hate King Gizz, but they're super one note and the sources they steal from is too obvious. I assume they're talented but they're ultimately lazy songwriters and focus way too much on quantity. Thee Oh Sees have a lot of albums but they are each unique

But King Gizz has pulled off the unprecedented feat of putting out 4 full albums in a year that don't really sound anything like each other.

They sound alike enough to know its the same band in each album, but that's a desirable thing for me.

I love them both, and am glad both are around.

All their songs are written the same. All the differences in sound are purely cosmetic. The songwriting is no different from record to record

Sketches sounds nothing like their other work and I'm not even a huge gizz fan

You fucking idiot. That means every other band with verse chorus verse chorus sounds alike if we're going off of "songwriting"

I would argue that most of the chord progressions and melodies in new era
garage rock are samey...
this is not to say that they are all the same, but Ty and Thee Oh Sees sure are a case of that.

Came here to find an Oh Sees thread, I've been digging their last few albums a lot lately. Live in San Fransisco is one of my favorite live recordings of all time.

The interview Dwyer did recently on Marc Maron's podcast is pretty interesting.

Anyone have any ecommendations?

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Also I'm a fan of both King Gizz and Oh Sees, but your argument is purely opposite here.
The amount of Oh Sees albums that sound really samey are the vast majority of them.
I'm not sure how many Gizzard albums you've heard, but I find them sounding different every release. Listening to I'm In Your Mind Fuzz, then Quarters comes out, then Paper Mache, then Nonagon, each one sounding so different from each other.
Don't know why you're arguing that song writing process is the same when it's the same people writing the songs. Though it's really not always the same anyway, take Float Along, then listen to Quarters, then Nonagon, then Polygondwanaland. Just so different.

Every band that uses ppwer chords and verse chorus verse chorus sounds the same?

Dude idk if you're a brainlet or youre trolling but you should genuinely be embarrassed

>Live in San Fransisco is one of my favorite live recordings of all time.

My man.

>The interview Dwyer did recently on Marc Maron's podcast is pretty interesting.

Yes it was - its the only interview I can find of him over 10 minutes long.

Thee Oh Sees
Almighty Defenders
King Khan & BBQ Show
Veronica Falls

STS9 > Ween
Ween is good still tho

As far as the Live in San Francisco series goes, the only other entry I’ve heard is Ty’s which is good but not nearly as good imo.

My favorite nugget of info from the Maron interview is when Dwyer cites Japanese noise bands, specifically HANATARASH.

but that is there worst album, user