Why is this so bad?

Why is this so bad?

- Tent is too small, not enough audience members

- The chatty bit is not enough about cars

- Filmed sections are shot overseas or in the UK when it's sunny (doesn't feel British enough)

- American track driver joke is already overplayed, the Stig was cool because he said nothing

The recent episode's James May Mini Doc was kino though

its not. its actually better, they moved the boring as fuck celebrity interview that i always fast-forwarded thru in the old show.

Because those opinions only have a frisson when voiced on the BBC. Saying them online where you can find far more extreme versions of the same viewpoint has no sense of danger.

Because it's been a stagnant format for about a decade.

Richard Hammond may be the most pitiful media personality working today. Made millions out of dicking about with cars and still tries to impress some middle aged cock with LAD BANTAH.

>hating the American

Found the communist

How is it any different? It's the same shit minus the boring celebrities.

The second episode was shite but i liked the third. Does it get better?

>middle aged

its overwritten

The American track driver joke was overplayed as soon as he opened his mouth in ep 1. I wish I was exaggerating

Believe it or not Clarkson is only 56.

i'm glad we can all agree on this

Since when do Brits live to 112?

middle-aged generally means people from ages 40-60

middle is not to be taken literally here, but i know that can be a hard concept to grasp for people with autism

35-50*

maybe 50 years ago but with life expectancy and retirement ages going up it's different now

solid list

I thought the episode had some really good moments.
Only having Hammond and Clarkson in the comparison was better than pushing all three together. May's film was pretty great although I was hoping for a little bit about the 488 and new GT.
The track laps are shit without the audience laughter in the background so there are awkward silences everywhere and Mike Skinner needs to just stay quiet.
The whole Christmas gift idea segment was utterly dreadful though.

>The whole Christmas gift idea segment was utterly dreadful though.

it was great until they put clarkson in those rocket skates

In my opinion, the show's key flaw is it being so scripted and forced. Things just happen for the sake of it.

Quality Top Gear, like the Patagonia special was great because the jokes flowed naturally. The Humour felt less like they were reading from a script, and more like they were 3 guys having a laugh. Mainly because the jokes came from normal shit, rather than 'LOL LETS PRETEND JEREMY CLARKSONS GETTING BUM RAPED BY A TERRORIST XD'

James May saves the entire fucking show. He's the only one there who feels genuine and authentic. Clarkson and Hammond's le ebin rivalry just makes them both come across as unfunny dickheads. May actually feels like a normal human being.

Dude you don't know, medical science is advancing along with everything else we could easily make the average age 112 for rich people like Clarkson if we could just curb the aging gene or use stem cells or some shit, I don't know I majored in business not medicine but you know what I'm saying.

Also flat out tbqh lads I think streaming TV is a mistake and I want cable to return again, hopefully people drop their subscriptions and the world can move back to a rock paper scissors equilibrium of:

I didn't rent or buy because I pirated because it was Nicolas Cage
I didn't pirate or buy because Redbox had what I wanted but with special features about my favorite effects guy or I hate the hassle
I didn't pirate or rent because I love collecting

Adding the fourth thing has made this world too confusing.

Yes

>Also flat out tbqh lads I think streaming TV is a mistake and I want cable to return again

the fuck, why?

>James May saves the entire fucking show. He's the only one there who feels genuine and authentic

agreed

Everything feels scripted to the point where their banter feels fake
The segment where they kept getting shot and killed was dumb

agreed