Joss Whedon Claims He 'Did A Disservice' To Avengers: Age of Ultron

>Avengers: Age of Ultron director Joss Whedon has made little secret of his difficulties in making that film, and now he's clarified his feelings toward the process,

>saying he "did a disservice" to the film by blaming Marvel for all its woes rather than taking responsibility for his own part in its shortcomings.

>“Some of that was conflicting with Marvel, which is inevitable and a lot of that was about my own work and I was also exhausted, and we right away went and did publicity. I created the narrative — wherein I’m not quite accomplished at– and people just ran with it.

>‘Well it’s OK, it could be better, but it’s not Joss’ fault’ and I think that did a disservice to the movie, and to the studio and to myself. Ultimately, it wasn’t the right way to be because I’m very proud about it.”

newsarama.com/28911-whedon-did-a-disservice-to-age-of-ultron.html

Jesus it took him almost two years but we've finally reached full circle.

What a desperate coward, he should just stop tarnishing his legacy and fuck off permanently.

>saying he "did a disservice" to the film by blaming Marvel for all its woes rather than taking responsibility for his own part in its shortcomings.

Yeah, funny thing, not getting work for a couple of years makes you reevaluate yourself

>P-please hire me back, Disney! I'm sorry!

If it was a one-time thing, maybe I could believe it. But he's shit on virtually every studio he's worked for.

More like Joss Cuckdon am I fucking right lads

And this realization took him two years to come to? What a fucking manchild.

Apologizing? Did he finally run out of studios to work for and then talk shit about to burn the bridge?

he's all thumbs

So how badly did Marvel/Disney BTFO him?

Haven't heard about any project from him except that he may direct an episode of Supergirl, which is bottom of the barrel.

that and everyone realizing buffy and firefly were flukes

before you answer, Angel was someone else's show to run for the most part

what was so bad about age of ultron anyways

seemed aight for a marvel flick

No, it wasn't. He was involved in all the writing. Only difference is Greenwalt did the day to day shit.

to us: flying truck
to SJWs: Black Widow calling herself a monster in a context they mistook for "because she couldn't have children"

>Only difference is Greenwalt did the day to day shit.
That's called "being the showrunner" last I checked. Most of Whedon's involvement as a producer was firing actors with substance abuse problems.

The movie was pretty well-received, just not as much as the first one. People mostly complain about too much humor and quippy dialogue, Ultron being lame and non-threatening, and the clunky storyline. Some of it is Marvel's fault for sure (the Thor subplot, for one), but some of it is Whedon's fault.

Characterization was shit, though. And Ultron's design.

Every response to a question had to be a one liner quip, a sure sign of Wheeeeedon whenever that happens.

Sure, once or twice in the movie is expected these days. But his dialog in this shitbuster was NOTHING but quips until even normal people noticed it and complained on the web

>last I checked

No, friend. He was in the writers room the whole time and was co-showrunner of the whole thing. Greenwalt had the job of making sure shit got done on time, checking the dailies, etc. Basicaly Noxon's role on Buffy in S6.

The writing and producer's cut of both shows were still being done/approved by Whedon.

He just got bitter when he got Angel cancelled. It was only cancelled because he demanded an early renewal/cancellation and there was bad blood (surprise, surprise) between him and Levin, head of the WB at the time.

This.
My problem was when they saw a guys brain matter on the wall in a photo and they made a quip about it being art.

Same shit happened in Force Awakens. Open movie with bad guys killing a village and Poe makes jokes. But the fanboys call it "realist" dialogue.

>Joss Whedon
>legacy

lol

>he has never been in a dangerous situation before
>literally everything is jokes when your life is on the line

Enlist. See some combat. Tell me it isn't realistic dialogue, bro.

i liked dollhouse

Marvel need to take a more hands off approach

Ever since 2012 their movies have been getting progressively worse

it was the same shit with alien resurrection

he insisted his script was fine, it was just directed, acted, designed and filmed all wrong!

>end boss was too easy
I actually really appreciated that. The only annoying thing was the 'endless bad guys' meme.

Ultron had a great personality start to end. Fuckin plebs...they're cancer. Boo hoo the trailer showed Avengers all kill so bad guy must almost kill them in the film.

avengers 2 is probably the second most forgettable marvel movie. behind thor 2 but there's a big powergap.

how many confirmed kills do you have?

He said that 2 years ago
The OP are just posting a old news

you have corrected me, kind sir

> demanded an early renewal/cancellation
what a fuckhead

>PLS DISNEY GIVE ME BACK MY JOB!!!!!
>I CAN'T AFFORD HEALTH INSURANCE!!!

I *wanted* to like Dollhouse but christ did they miscast Dushku in this. She was in way over her head when they needed a strong theatrically trained actress who could change character at the drop of a hat.

> imagine Joe Sweden and Scabby McHairbag collaborating

>2 years ago
>before AOU even came out

I sure as fuck hope he didnt bash his own movie when he had time to fix it with you know.... making the damn thing. The article is from april 2016... so I'll just tact this on to you being stupid

>poor villain
>it was avengers 1 over again essentially
>movie tries to be funny the whole time and there was only one funny scene (cap barely moving thor's hammer and his reaction)
>terrible cgi (especially in the rushed opening scene, look up the reshoots)
>Thor story line that was both irrelevant and nonsense to viewers like me who hadn't seen GotG, Avengers 1, or the Thor movies
>boring and stakeless

Dushku is miscast in everything. Because she's a shitty actor. She should have stuck to sucking cocks for cash.

what movie did they do that was ever good. (no question mark because I'm being sarcastic you see)

she's fine playing tough girls which is what she does as a video game VA

she got popular too fast and whedon did her a disservice by trying to groom her as a general purpose actor

for fucks sake vincent kartheiser was so disgusted by his role on angel he went back to acting school. no one hated connor more than he did.

The Thor Selvig stuff should have been cut. THe stop-gap to infinity war was so poorly done.

Being Avengers 1 would have been ok if it was... better. Home Alone 2 is this the same fucking movie as the first, but it knew how to bend expectations, being familiar and be fresh. AoU failed at all of that.

Flying truck was nothing. If you were watching the ficking movie two robots made the truck fly.

No the problem was the forced Black Widow and Hull shipping.

What? Like BvS? Which did not meet its projected profit?

Amy Acker would have made a better Echo, because I agree with you, Dushku could not handle that role at all.

>too underage to know Buffy and Firefly

Fuck off

>April 19,2016
sage

Hell just forced BW. Ultron catches her and leaves her in a situation she can escape? BW should have died. Ultron should have gotten the avengers gathered in sokovia and her up and stabbed her.

Killing quicksilver at the end was dumb. Killing BW before the final battle would have mirrored caulson yes.... but that's when you do it and your villain looks like a less of a pussy too. Make these Avengers avenge someone.

>Enlist. See some combat. Tell me it isn't realistic dialogue, bro.

Would a captured soldier joke around with a fundamentalist that just finished executing dozens of teenagers?

Isn't that exactly why she called herself a monster though? And then sjws just got butthurt because >hurr women dont need chilkdren to be women durr instead of understanding the impact it had on the character

>Isn't that exactly why she called herself a monster though?
No? You made the exact same mistakes as those sjws.

Then why even bring it up?

I didn't.

No, in the scene I mean. Or at least write it in better.

KEK!!

Are you for real? You're seriously asking to be explained for this? Wow.

Humor is a coping mechanism. The same as fear and shock.

Seeing some seriously nasty shit will cause different reactions from different people. Some shut down mentally. Others piss themselves. Others make a joke to try and distract themselves from the fact that they're looking at what used to be a human being but now looks closer to a half-cooked cherry pie thrown against a wall.

This guy is such a fag. Overrated as fuck too

She calls herself a monster cause she was monarch programed into a killer. She was brainwashed and not lucid for some of her assassinations. Just like Hulk.

SJW did freak out for some of the fight reasons about BW. They did neuter her in AoU. Forcing a woman to be a love interest is shitty and BW had 3 appearances without that. But wheddons gotta wheddon.

same shit with the Buffy movie, he hated what they "turned it into", when it was vastly superior to that god awful show

The time you spent mocking, you could have reminded us of the context. Do you expect we remember the context of said phrase in fucking Age of Ulton? I barely can remember the plot.

I almost sort of feel he should be given another chance and this time supervised, not out of pity. No, he got what he deserved. More to set an example.

See my theory is if others like him or those few who still idolize him see that appealing for mercy rewards nothing or worse digs you a deeper hole they'll choose hubris over humility and just make the same mistake.
True, they'll end up where he did if they do so but I feel we could all circumvent all those circus antics and the shitty movies that come from them if we straighten out the head fucko the rest follow.

It's all theoretical though, there's a possibility giving him more chances to strike out just leads to him getting a fat head and his sycophants following suit. Just look at Bryan Singer.

I honestly don't know why Disney hired him to do a movie like that. Whedon's strength is characters and dialogue and it shows. The best scenes in Age of Ultron are the characters just sitting at a desk talking and while that is a great quality to have, it's not exactly what you're looking for in an superhero action flick.

Someone else should have done the story. Fiege liked Zak Penns script quite a bit they ended up using the core story for the first avengers. Wheddon stuck to the basic concept dropping more iron man moments and re-working some of the staging and almost all the dialogue and character interactions.

Wheddon is like lucas, he's not a story writer, but he's not so dumb he doesn't know a good narrative when he see's it.

>The best scenes in Age of Ultron are the characters just sitting at a desk talking
The second Natasha Romanov was unironically talking like a Femme Fatale from a crime noir to Bruce Banner at the bar was about when I knew I didn't want this movie to exist a minute longer.
So no, those aren't the best scenes. In fact I'd say they're horrid.

In fact to further my point I'll highlight whether or not the Russo's are considered overhyped on their own there is a clear difference between how they handled Wanda's interactions to how Whedon did. With Winter Soldier, Ant Man and Civil War I can't really see how any of Whedon's characterization or dialogue was received as strong actually.

All I need to see is how Bruce/Hulk is handled in Thor 3 and I'll know for sure he's held the Earth side of the MCU back if anything.

i never got the hate for it either. i thought it was decent. could have been better for sure.

I want to know how much Taika Waititi will be kept in after the planned reshoots and screen testings. GOTG will be left alone. Spider-man will go either way, but will probably be the safest movie of the year.

>from making 2 billion dollar movies back to back in 3 years to a disgrace to the sjw he pandered to aۭnd doing desperate damage control

where did it all go so wrong?

>please take me back, Mr. Feige.

That's a good point. Where HAS he been?

Age of Ultron is one of the only good MCU movies.

This whole culture can fucking die

That describes every movie connected to the Avengers

Based frogpost

>pls pls hire me again

He's cancer. I hope he has indeed been blackballed for his shitty quips and thinking he could actually pander to tumblr

Good job throwing away your career for Feminism.

Wrong.

Winter Soldier and Captain America were good marvel flicks. I'll even let you have GOTG and Antman as good but not Age of Quiptron

I will never forgive his bastardized take on ultron

Lucas is the anti-wheddon, Lucas is great at the concepts and world building. but the dialog is the worst. Let's be honest the overall plot is pretty damn good in the prequels, if episode 3 was where we started the prequels and possibly had dialoge tell us about everything else, it would have been pretty damn good.

3 movies of Anakin and Obi-wan fighting the CIS and being buddies.