Last.fm

whats the deal with last.fm? why does Sup Forums love it? just seems like a generic music website.

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/joseph_antoine
last.fm/user/KayNathrakh
last.fm/user/CaptainAJ
last.fm/user/Fooshikins
last.fm/user/Enqidu
purevolume.com/
last.fm/user/sinnergy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it was once a great site but now it's shit and we've invested too much time into scrobbling to stop using it

Because statistics
I think it used to be better but, it's what it is

It's fun to track stats on what you listen to. Also they give good recommendations.

It was great before those fucktards changed the layout into a Web 2.0 travesty and crippled the community.

last.fm thread?
last.fm thread

last.fm/user/joseph_antoine

what other site can I track what I listen to automatically? dumb thread

It's shit but I couldn't help scrobbling out of habit until recently. Used to be really good but they suddenly updated it a few years ago with hardly any of the old features, they were promised but they've hardly added anything since.

pretty much this

Your compatibility with joseph_antoine is Low.
You both listen to Swans, Vashti Bunyan and Joy Division.

last.fm/user/KayNathrakh

I honestly got used to the new version, but I miss many things like the groups for example

I miss having neighbors ;_;

Pretty sure they added that feature back though

holy shit you're right

last.fm/user/CaptainAJ

Hello, dudes
last.fm/user/PieMenard

I follow u. Cool taste

Your compatibility with joseph_antoine is Super (99%).
You both listen to Swans, Oneohtrix Point Never and Laurel Halo.

I like stats. I love music. I love seeing what I listen to, and have found a lot of similar artists to my favourite ones with the help of Last.fm.

Anyway, here's my account
last.fm/user/Fooshikins

last.fm/user/Enqidu

.I like stats. I love music. I love seeing what I listen to, and have found a lot of similar artists to my favourite ones with the help of Last.fm.

This, I also met one of my few long-time friends there

I'm OP, full discloser iver never used Last.fm before so I have no idea what value is there in posting your profiles??

Usually how last.fm threads go.

>iver never used Last.fm before

Are you autistic? How can you criticize something without experiencing it first?

criticizing it? when did i criticize it?

>just seems like a generic music website

>uses the word "generic" to discribe a website
REEEEEEEEE

You'll see the compatibility with others and based on that (or recent listens) you may or may not start conversations with them and broaden your horizon in music you like.

I've used last fm since I was in high school before I even knew what Sup Forums was. This was back in '07. It was a lot easier to meet people on Last.fm back then. However at the time I rarely felt the need to make online friends.

I also liked using purevolume which was more of a mix of sites from back then. If you visit the site its like going back in time when screamo and hardcore were really big. lol
purevolume.com/

I still use last.fm but I'm not that thorough with my scrobbles anymore. I use Sup Forums, which itself is a really dated form of making online conversations.

last.fm/user/sinnergy