Humans were made by alien engineers

>humans were made by alien engineers
>humans made robots
>one rogue robot is now rumored to have made the aliens using engineer technology
>almost everything in all of the alien movies is thus more or less man-made

Doesn't the "human-centric" nature of the Ridley sequels just make the Alien universe seem so much smaller?

Yeah I fucking hate it too. I remember going to the midnight premier of Prometheus and being deeply disappointed with the lore. It was so much more interesting when the Engineers were giant space aliens from far away with connection to humanity.

fuck.... kenny powers in this film !?
he is not credible

>all man made
All Engineer made you mean... but who engineered the Engineers?

Prometheus 3 will be David 8 going to war against this original and as yet undeclared species, using his xenomorph army and portable egg farm/s. All will die bar one rogue Engineer who steals and egg farm ship and crashes into LV-426.

>Doesn't the "human-centric" nature of the Ridley sequels just make the Alien universe seem so much smaller?

it makes sense with a superior being that's also humanoid

they are essentially what humans could become given enough time, and humans are not kind and would not tolerate any bullshit from their own creations (as seen in blade runner), so in a way their actions mirror our own

I think this element is more interesting, also because they have access to bio-mechanical life-creation of which the source has not yet been determined

how did David get so intelligent?

He was programmed by Pedro Weyland, who himself was just an evolutionary step in a biological chain started by an Engineer drinking DNA cool aid.

Where did Engineers come from though?

With this kind of teen slasher scene in an alien movie I have low hopes

>Le sex scene death

Teen slasher flick shit

Secret Hax for being Old Man Weylands gay butt buddy.

People criticised the Strauss Brothers, turns out they actually made a better Alien movie than Ridley fucking Scott

I liked movies better when every single minute detail was used as an excuse to make another movie to make a billion dollars

*wasn't used

is what I meant to say

I hope this is ironic shitposting.

user, pls

>them aliens was actuall da humans all along

pottery

I can guarauntee you now PredQueen is 10x scarier looking than Protoxeno, the Numorphs are good though

>aylium with dreadlocks

nah, man

the comic that the hybrid was based from was alright though, but that had more to do with the story and setting. But that design still looked like shit

Are you both me?

I fucking hate the "everything is a circle" concept of nothing really being truly alien and everything being somehow related.

A huge part of the appeal of Aliens and the Space Jockeys was that they came from the complete unknown and looked so unlike us and followed a logic we couldn't possibly understand.

For all we knew, the Jockeys were transporting the xeno eggs as part of some grand design we couldn't possibly comprehend.

But nope, they made us and the aliens as a bioweapon or whatever and that's all there is to it. Everyone can go home now.

I read this as

>Rogue One robot made the aliens using engineer technology

is alien worth watching for the first time now?

The original Alien was supposed to have a sex scene between Ripley and Dallas

Jesus christ yes user! Alien has to be one of the most realistic, sci fi films ever to exist. If there was a film that summed up how humans could come into contact with Alien life sometime in the future but in a completely believable way then thats it. Its hard to explain but you'll understand perfectly after watching it.

Threadly reminder that Weaver kept pushing for rape/sex scenes with the ayy in every film she was in.

Who gives a fuck about these trivial details, I'd rather see a good movie. Ridley Scott it out of his fucking mind and has lost the plot a long, long time ago.