youtube.com/watch?v=MYRbCQEqe2k
youtube.com/watch?v=U4kD8tbvAmg
avclub.com/billy-corgan-is-dead-long-live-billy-corgan-1820558622
youtube.com/watch?v=uy63_w8gDGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah, My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

My Bloody Valentine - mbv

Nope good luck tho

Nah but a ton of artists in the early 90s took influence from MBV.

My Chemical Romance

try Despondent Transponder by Fleeting Joys and Somewhere Nice, Someday by Infinity Girl

77 Live from Les Rallizés Dénudés

i.4cdn.org/mu/1516580487775.jpg

jesus. thanks !

No
Try the loveless remaster

Ride
Slowdive
Swervdriver
Catherine wheel
Palewaves
Blur
The cocateua twins (i cant spell for shit)
Pinkshinyuktrablast

Welcome to shoegaze/dreampop

Check out the DKFM radio app for smartphones.

Has anyone done a vinyl rip of the new master? Where's that put the list at too?
Original
Remastered Original
Mastered from 2' Tape
New pressing?

Fuck dreampop.

Ride is the closest especially the album going blank again. Never got slowdive or the rest of the dreampop shit.

Try Seefeel's EP "Pure Impure" and then the rest of their stuff they are heavily inspired by MBV but take a more electronic stand. They're really good aswell.

youtube.com/watch?v=MYRbCQEqe2k

you can try other shoegaze that was inspired by mbv but didn't sound like a carbon copycat, slowdive, curve, lush etc.

+1 seefeel, hugely underrated band
youtube.com/watch?v=U4kD8tbvAmg

Aside from vague influences on their first album, Blur were not shoegaze at all. It'd be more fitting to call them a baggy group
Swervedriver, Catherine Wheel, and Pale Waves are all trash, by the way.

Fucking shit production tbqhwy senpaitachi

And shitty washed out vocals too

The only track i like is the last track

Am i a pleb for not apppreciating/liking this ?

If you think the production on Loveless is shit then you are beyond saving. You are eternally a plebeian.

it's your first time listening

just because you dislike something doesn't make it shit, you blowhard faggot

Mbv is discount Loveless

this

Ok let me jump. He's not entirely wrong I will agree - the production could have been a little better. Kevin Shields was extremely controlling about the output of this work and probably could have used a little help with it. That being said, production has come A LONG WAY since fucking 1990. The music itself is solid through and through and creative in it's own right for production quality

You know they purposefully make it like that right? It's just not your stuff, don't mean it's bad you cuck

objectively correct

Kid A by Radiohead, it's my favorite album

Sadly yes

>they purposefully made it sound bad
wow

in what universe does kid a sound like loveless

It truly is bad though,

There's no dynamics at all and it sounds so monotous that it makes my ears tired

I don't that the songs itself were bad, but shit production is still shit production, lmao

*i dont think that the songs itself were bad,

nice reddit spacing faggot

Le patrician, amirite xD

Wall of sound my dude

>And shitty washed out vocals too
The cover of the album is literally a picture of a guitar you bimbo. Vocals are a part of it but the main emphasis is on how the guitar sounds

Mbv

boy have I got a whole genre for you

retards

*Teleports behind loveless*
>Whoa, who are you
Pic related
>I'm you, but better

>Catherine wheel
>trash
Fucking pleb.

>I'm you, but better

Get the fuck out of here, Billy.

But, Billy Corgan is dead

avclub.com/billy-corgan-is-dead-long-live-billy-corgan-1820558622

Holy hell I never pay attention to this album when it pops up on here but I finally did and wowee what the fuck guys I thought mbv was some high school level emo meme band not... this

Lilys-In the Presence of Nothing is basically a Loveless copycat album, for the most part.

The only bad thing about MBV is their name, it has nothing to do with their sound. Hell, there's a minor meme about people confusing them with Bullet for my Valentine.

>My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (Remastered)

FTFY

Albums you will like:

Mercury Rev - Yerself is Steam
Mercury Rev - Boces
The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Methodrone
Lilys - In the Presence of Nothing
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

Horrors second album. So similar that you might not like it but there you go.

I am surprised nobody has posted it yet, but if you don't mind the sound being a bit closer to metal the album to check out would be:

The Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand

because while that album has heavier riffs than Loveless, it takes a very similar approach to production with how the guitars are layered/how the synths are incorporated, and it is the production imo that sets apart Loveless from its shoegaze peers.

now listen to all of Sup Forums essentials newfag they're essentials for a reason

I really need to listen to that album again, I haven't listened to it since High School.

I'm trying to remember Sup Forums around when mbv was released but I can't recall the amount of hype, whereas I remember vividly half the catalog being entirely YEEZUS hype threads that year

I have started a thread for this express purpose my main duder:

Also the perfect score for Dog Star Man

Anybody pick up the remaster?

I've listened to three different versions and I can't really tell the difference. Maybe I'm an earlet but I think they just got it right the first time.

The krakatoa twins

I ordered it in october the day they announced it and have been waiting patiently for it to show up at my doorstep

Yep. I'd add LSD & The Search For God EP too.

this song is basically a czech version of loveless
youtube.com/watch?v=uy63_w8gDGQ

>YWN have a qt Czech shoegaze gf
Nice find user.

This definitely.

I remember vividly the greatest experience of my life. I was 18 and listening to this after bingeing on a bunch of drugs. I just just gotten through a night that I thought I was going to be dead by the end of. That morning I put on my headphones and listened to loveless and melted into the noise. I can not describe how great it was so I won’t try. By the end of to here knows when I ripped off my head phones because I realized I just hit the peak of my life. Everything will be compared to that and nothing will stand up. It was like being told by the universe what everything was all about and being embraced in a loving warm light in another dimension. The guitars were so relatable. They were like the pain I felt and the sadness in the world. But the vocals on top have such a motherly tone. They say it is all okay. Everything is fine. I wish I would have died right then. Life is boring and I have nothing to look forward to now.

Similar experience for me too. Been my fav album since college.

completely went over your head

Nah redditspacing-sama is right desu. Sometimes' lyrics aren't even close to being discernible.
>tfw you'll never know the true lyrics to Sometimes

>Swervedriver, Catherine Wheel, and Pale Waves are all trash
t. soyboy

this
never see that album on Sup Forums but its amazing

seefeel is great

holy shit thanks

>the riff of I Only Said