Why the fuck was 40% of this film reshot? Was there something so big they had to get rid of?

Why the fuck was 40% of this film reshot? Was there something so big they had to get rid of?

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/rogue-one-original-ending/
youtube.com/watch?v=w42CTq5QZtI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nice hiney

the movie was too dark and serious. disney wanted more humor.

in the original draft they didn't kill off the nigger, but then they realized it would flop in China so they made a last second decision to have robo-nigra just commit suicide for literally no reason by staying in his cave instead of getting on the ship

>40%
gonna need some citation for that

Market research.
Saw was supposed to live but the Chinese market hate black people in films, so they removed his plot and reshot the end.

Based chinks

I want to fuck that rabbit.

Why is everything about her so big?

Wait, what? Where did you get this info from?

my ass

I bet they read how everyone expected it to be liberal propaganda so they toned it all down. And then rewrote/reshot the last act.

thank god, i couldnt take forrest whittaker seriously at all

seriously, what were they thinking?

there wasn't a space battle
execs said that's not star wars etc

my uncle works for sony

IIRC in the original cut Jyn would go into the battle and survive the end

literally not true.

disney told him to kill everyone.

collider.com/rogue-one-original-ending/

My uncle works for that guys ass and says it's true.

Vader killed the crew one by one like a xenomorph

OR

Jyn and Cassian got off Scarif, Vader comes and kills them instead of rebel troopers, probably with Jyn sending it to Leia

Those are the two most probable rumors I've heard

What a joke that they had to reshoot 50% of this movie

but what about the bothans?

are we just going to forget they exist?

And it was much better than what the trailers showed.

>every shitty line from Jyn got axed

You gonna meme at me?

mouses gonna mouse, btw jyn was fucking hot she shouldve been rey

I was just glad the iRebel line was cut desu

50%? Did they really reshoot 60% of the movie?

>Why the fuck was 40% of this film reshot?
Because having the rebels all fly away in their ship as it then explodes in the distance would have been a shitty ending.

Better with them all dying one by one on Scarif.

stupid troll

This.

People don't realize that it was Disney who made Rogue One have a great 3rd act and not Gareth Edwards.

Finally Disney is stepping up their game. I am really proud.

Let's hope Episode 8 is dark in the sense that it isn't a rip off of Episode 5.

They reshot 70% of the movie

agreed. jyn was the rey we needed. but instead we're getting at least 2 more movies with boipuss compressa

Best surprise of the film was that Felicity Jones also has a great ass.

trips confirm. I wish we had Jyn as the main female character of the new trilogy and not pathetic written Rey

It was clearly 80% ;)

After seeing it, I think it was a good idea to reshoot 80% of the movie.

This.

Too bad WB fucked up Suicide Squad completely with their reshoots

How did Disney go so right and WB so wrong?

>pop song over the Joker and Harley's introduction
WTF WHY

So they pretty much reshot 99% of the movie?

They actually reshot 100% of the movie? Source?

I kept looking for ass shots in the movie, there weren't nearly enough.

they actually reshot 112% of the movie
my uncle works for united artists

That's just what they put in the press brief. It was actually closer to 390%

Wow, I'm surprised they could film that much in just 2 years.

>pop song over the Joker and Harley's introduction

Tbf, RO had this problem too. There were a lot of weak parts of the movie, but whoever wrote the score needs to be gassed. It was absolutely awful and never matched what was going on onscreen.

How are they still reshooting the movie when it's already running in theaters? Is it some kind of live streaming thing?

I agree. The score was pretty subpar for a Star Wars film. It was trying very hard to be Star Wars and also new but it just kind of was mediocre.

post yfw you thought you were getting a star wars opening crawl and it cuts off after like 2 seconds

They're both ugly and can't act, but the same goes for the cast of the OT so whatever

>mfw

I appreciated it

youtube.com/watch?v=w42CTq5QZtI

They just left the last two or three notes off familiar phrases, it was really lazy! When the music stole it never worked with the scene, barely anything worked for this movie but it looked cooler than TFA.

I'm just hoping they don't keep in stupid "humorous" lines in TFA. They had the most out of place humor like some avenger movie. Better be deeper and darker. But I guarantee we find out some sort of familial relationship regarding Rey and some other character. Just Like TESB

jyns not ugly take it back, she has a good ass and nice lips

The overall effect was that whenever they intended to play one of the original/prequel scores they lost their spaghetti halfway through causing it to whimper out akwardly in the middle of a scene.

This fucking guy

TFA had a shitton of cringe-tier scenes and humor. I was surprised RO actually cut these down to an acceptable amount

>Are you kidding me? I'm BLIND

Actually made me laugh

I went to see this last night. Average film.

5 chinks walked out during the third act when the action started.

Maybe they didn't want to see their people get murdered.

wish they'd do that for ep viii and get rid of that dr.who garbage

wtf I love Disney now!

yeah we need more sand planets

Everything I have read about chink movie going habits leads me to believe they are extremely superficial. I wouldn't be surprised if they left because the cast wasn't attractive enough to them.

Rogue One's score was miles better than Force Awakens.

I rate it a 6/10 whilst Force Awakens is a 3/10.

At least Rogue had some more memorable tunes even if the whole thing wasn't perfect.

What the fuck? I like China now.

>like

Yes, and?

Except it isn't Disney.

Except it completely was and it is sourced.

I haven't seen RO yet (mostly because I assumed it would be just as bad as TFA) but I guess I'll find the time for it soon

the meme is love and hate
ie
wtf I hate you now

def give it a shot. it has its problems but overall I found the whole cast & movie a lot more likeable then TFA

How did you misinterpret that collider article so hard?
>Edwards thinks everybody needs to die at the end
>Thinks Disney won't let him do it
>Asks Disney permission
>Surprisingly Disney says go ahead
How does this add up to "it was Disney's idea, not Edwards'" to you?

her ass was too big

>disney told him to kill everyone.

No Disney told them they COULD kill everyone because it made sense from a story perspective.

Different from telling them they HAD to kill them all.

The re-shoots happened separately and after the re-write.

>no one questions the storm trooper with the huge ass

>70+ replies
brapposter is slacking i see

>77
Star Wars was released in 1977

Fucking faggot

Exactly this

post more Jyn ass please

I just want to bury my face in those big fat cheeks

dats a nice butt

they were invisible, silly

ok, seamus

>How to write a female character according to Sup Forums
>kill her
Never change misogynists

BASED DISNEY

Wtf I love Disney

and those digits

So I didn't stay for after the credits, is that supposed to be Obi-Wans lightsaber after he gets killed by Vader?

Is the mouse literally /ourguy/??

>Ywn pound her huge ass

>Why is everything about her so big?

T H I C C

BRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPFFFFRLLLT

>*queef*

It's the POV of those little robo wheeled mouse things going up to obi wans saber, there wasn't enough gadgety robot space station shit in Rogue One, I wish they'd let a Japanese director do one, maybe a cut would last longer than 2 seconds, fucking shit modern filmmaking for tards

>Oblivious to everything written there because "noone is better than muh Rey because she can do everything for no reason and is strong, independent wonyn".

Shut the fuck up you moron, her dying has nothing to do with it. It may however be that her character has actual depth and is portrayed by an actor with range. Unlike Mrs 'I REROOTED THE POWERCUPPLE HEHE ITS SO EASY SILLY' Sue

That slow motherfucker wouldnt have made it to the ship anyway

Autistic cunt.

that was Death Star 2

I think he's mad.

His lines in the first trailer are kinda spooky and I thought they were great, and made the movie seem like it would be much more morally ambiguous (which they sort of play with in the final cut with MEESTER AXHENT but they don't take it far enough)

They didn't even shoot the ending where they all lived. It was before production even began they decided to kill them all off.

It was really unfitting most of the time, but I remember at least 2 songs were actually great and better than anything from TFA (of which I don't remember its score)

Originally the music was done by someone else but Disney fired them last minute.

They had to make sure people didn't start masturbating in the theaters.