Alaska Exempt from Federal Firearms Laws

In Alaska we passed "HB 69 - Exempts Firearms from Federal Regulation" This was signed into law by or governor.

Exempts firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition possessed in Alaska from any federal firearm regulation, whereas current law only exempts firearms manufactured in the state (Sec. 2).

Authorizes the state attorney general to defend any citizen of Alaska who is prosecuted by the United States government in regards to federal law that regulates firearms (Sec. 4).

Classifies the enforcement of any federal law that restricts firearms in the following ways as a Class C felony (Sec. 5):

Limits the ownership of a semi-automatic firearm or firearm magazine; or
Requires the registration of a firearm, firearm accessory, or magazine.

Alaska is fucking awesome

God Bless Alaska.

I always wanted to live there.

It's surprisingly difficult to get accepted.

What?

How is Alaska overall compared to the rest of the US?

I've always found it extremely comfy and loved the scenery.

>How is Alaska overall compared to the rest of the US?

It's like living 10 years behind the times in some things. What's weird is when i go to the deep south, like Alabama, they always go "you're from Alaska?? WOW!!"

Wicker v Wheat has held that intrastate commerce is still regulated by the federal govt. This has been settled law for 70 years.

For some reason dumbshit conservatives are trying to do this 'intrastate firearms company' thing in a number of states.

One of my old professors is being paid to lobby this retarded issue in Kansas.

Can't say that would bother me. As long as I don't deal with niggers and annoying leftists on a regular basis, I'm all set.

Cool gaem nice graphics

Noice one, Alaska.

I've often considered the possibility of taking refuge there, but it's just so damn far away.

>tfw not Alaskan
God damnit.

thanks for the wallpaper

If I go to USA one day, it's the first place I want to visit.

Alaska and Hawaii are so far away from most of us that encountering someone from there is a surprise. Met one person from Alaska in 29 years.

Hey I live in alaska also

is there anything stopping other red states from doing this as well
it was passed 2013, so the idea is still something new
you know other governors are looking at how this turnsout

>Wicker
ahahhaha and did you read the actual justification? it's completely illiterate. it's one of the jewiest ideas ever presented in a blog post by some fucking chump third-rate writer, except in the form of a court decision.

"hurrr we regulate interstate commerce, we got us a clause for it, therefore we regulate things that affect that too"

"if you do business inside your state that's still interstate commerce even though [slurping back snot] the definition of interstate commerce is across state lines"

"thats cuz you're affecting it by not engaging in it otherwise you would have engaged in it" [air-sucking noises]

If I were surrounded by polar bears I would want an AR-15 as well.

Hopefully Montana follows. Those libshits out by the colleges be damned.

Make Alaska Canada Again

Ok. I delivers.

>Indians
not gonna happen

make Canada like alaska

I'd tap pocahontas on the left.

Alaskan currently living in Japan. Fuck yeah!

I've never even met an Alaskan IRL and, living in NYC, I've met people from at least 50 different countries.

By the time my dream is fulfilled and i live in Alaska, it will be filled with shitskins

>I've never even met an Alaskan IRL
Gotta suck IRL

It's a pretty empty gesture, considering that federal law trumps state law.

And, unlike a little bit of weed, the feds take firearm violations very fucking seriously.

Alaska seems better every day, too bad I live on the east coast and have no way of moving there

>Federal law Trumps state law

It's illegal for the federal to supersede the state isn't it?

Only when it's convenient

>the federal to supersede the state isn't it?

Not in America. The Supremacy Clause in Article VI of the Constitution specifically says that where federal and state law are in conflict, federal law wins.

(Of course, it then becomes a matter of enforcement. So, like legal weed in Colorado - they're breaking federal law, but Obama has issued an order for the feds not to worry about it. But they could go in there and start arresting people any time they wanted)

Wow. Your government gives that little a fuck about your laws and your constitution that they pick and choose when to apply them.

I think that's why you are loosing. The right wing actually cares about freedom and the constitution, whereas the left can pick and choose as to best serve their interests.

Yes. Lack of the rule of law is a major problem here.

But the governments are not monolithic. The local sherif could start arresting the federal agents who came to arrest the stoners, for instance.

alaska confirmed most free state

I'm moving there to shoot an Ar-15 and give bears PTSD

>The local sherif could start arresting the federal agents
Can Sup Forums be realistic for once? The feds get the final say no matter what.

is climate change real?

is all the snow melting and the ice bears dead?

I think that is awesome too, more Americans killing themselves

I didn't say otherwise, but there's nothing wrong with some healthy tactical pushback by the states against an out of control federal government that the states themselves created in the first place.

Interesting. At that point we are talking a covert civil war though. The feds would subvert and eventually seize the state. Of course that would end up in an uprising int he south, but Alaska is isolated.

He isn't saying it WILL happen, you fucking moron, he is saying it can happen. How fucking ironic that leafs make fun of American education when you are unequivocally the dumbest posters on this site BY FAR.

That's some clear and convincing advocating you got there, I'm sure it will hold in the Supreme Court. I'm sure no one's ever attempted to wrest that power out of the hands of the federal legislation and back to the hands of the state in the 60 years since. Hell, even the conservative dissenting side of the verdict upholding Obamacare upheld that the federal state had the authority to regulate interstate commerce (they merely dissented that the state could not compel an individual to buy a product and rejected the majority's opinion that re-interpreted the ACA as a tax).

Sorry, buddy, but federal law preempts state law and you can whine whine whine til the cows come home, no court will ever undermine it just because Alaska wants to be special.

Sorry, intrastate commerce*, as relating to an interstate economy (as interpreted in Wicker).

The States are not allowed to regulate the federal government at all. Federal agents have complete immunity from state prosecution for their actions under federal law. This is old law. Like, from the early nineteenth century.

If you mean that he could do it unconstitutionally , sure. But the feds would be in their rights to arrest that guy too or to use the national guard to break their guy out of prison, etc.

Has it even been challenged? I think his point was that the ruling won't hold up in court.

We can at least hope that it doesn't.

Don't have to prosecute, just arrest.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for cowboy heaven, and I think it would be a poor idea for either side to let the situation descend to that level of tomfoolery. But it's still a threat that could be backed up.

Just like you'll notice these new state laws are mainly to do not with contravening what the feds said as much as simply banning the expected enforcement.

And then if we're talking federal regulation, well, now that brings up the question of whether those regulations are in and of themselves meaningful.

fpbp

>is climate change real?
no

>citizen of Alaska
you guys issue citizenship now do you?

I imagine itd be exactly the same as you are now, but you have the privilege of getting shot

Is Alaska the whitest state? I can't imagine any black people wanting to move there, they can't stand cold.

I have an intense desire to inseminate the one on the left, forcefully if necessary. Now I understand why indians do so much raping.

go guns grow on trees in alaska?

>What is federal preemption?

Hey Alaskabro can you upload pics like above but without weapons? Just wanna get some nice pics for wallpapers and whatnot.

>In Alaska we passed "HB 69 - Exempts Firearms from Federal Regulation" This was signed into law by or governor.

state laws can't trump federal laws fucktard.

What about full autos?

everything in America above Nevada is cold as fuck. And even there its probably cold as shit in winter. I don't think I could handle anything other than Southern Cali or maybe somewhere in the South on the coast

its 18 degrees in my room atm and im freezing

NYC is a shit hole. I could go work there and make a killing, but it's not worth it. Fuck that hell hole, I don't even want to visit family there anymore.

The only time I enjoyed it was when I was too young to realize what a shit hole it was and then when I partied at pacha and got shit faced drunk on the weekends.

How do I move to Alaska OP?

except it totally can

watch 10 minutes of natgeo (reality shows). all of the natives are drunks living in wooden shacks and for some reason alcohol seems to be banned everywhere.

kek i start sweating at 23 c

for me its 27

21-24 is ultimate comfy range

+30 is too hot

well they have to fight off shapeshifting extraterrestrials with something

Fuck off leaf

Not hot till 37
5+ is comfy
-5 is too cold

Live in Armidale during winter, Narromine during summer.

>Limits the ownership of a semi->automatic firearm or firearm >magazine; or
>Requires the registration of a >firearm, firearm accessory, or >magazine.

Huh?

I can't tell if you bogans are joking or not. 23+ is uncomfortable at best. 30+ is basically inhospitable.

The feds can't ban or register those items in Alaska.

>30c is hot
Thats....86F, thats not even fucking hot. Its been around 35-37c here all summer and it gets around -30c to -25c in the winter. I live in west virginia. Not the mountain side either.
>leaf

States' rights is a big deal here. Other states would likely join the one being subverted

cheq'd

>semi-auto
Select fire is conveniently left out

Not kek/10

Why are you pointing that gun at Canada? I thought Alaska and Canada was tight.

Alaska is full

several states have those laws but they have yet to be tested

That's really nice. It also shows that you don't have any idea how government worked.

Article VI, Clause 2 of the constitution establishes federal laws as the supreme law of the land.

Alaska is non white as fuck but a lot of the non whites are Indians living in the middle of nowhere

And then whatever state officer made the arrest gets hauled off to federal court for impeding a federal investigation.

Which works great, until the state decides the feds aren't their feds anymore.

Oh, Alaska....

if you weren't so damned cold and snowy all the time, i'd move to you!

yeah.... what???

"accepted"?

Alaska is a state, not a fucking university. Besides all that, when's the last time YOU guys cared about being "accepted" somewhere before you invade, or for the law for that matter?

No, but states can tell their authorities not to enforce fedreal statutes, forcing the feds to send enforcers, which they won't cuz it's fucking Alaska.

Yes, a Alaska is freezing all year, don't move there. Stay away.

We've already been to that movie before.

The south lost.
Atlanta was burned to the ground.
Not enough Dixies were hung for their treason.

Idaho has the same provision, as does Montana.

GUN GRABBERS BTFO.

Alaska:shithole cities,drunken inuit degenerates,mentally ill population,sarah palin,people that laughably believe they can write a law exempting them from federal and it will hold up in federal court.

Do Ruskies try to get silly with your borders, Alaska bros?

We live in a global world, with a number of countries who'd gladly contribute to the fall of America, and the most massive anti federal government sentiment since that time.

The only thing youll be surrounded by is homeless eskimos.

I'd say it's time for a rematch.

alaska is pretty much its own country since barely anyone lives there to the point where you can see russia from their house, it can do whatever the fuck it wants

>marijuana legalized
>guns protected
Feds can get fucked.

Amendments 2, 10, and 14 nigga.

chequed

Technically this.

Too bad we live in a nation of pussies.

But when the firearms violations number in the millions, the feds have no choice but to comply.