Fantastic beasts and where to find them a review: you'd be better off using those fifteen dollars to wipe diarrhea off...

Fantastic beasts and where to find them a review: you'd be better off using those fifteen dollars to wipe diarrhea off your ass

i just saw it today and liked it a lot

This looks like the most blandest most boring movie of the year, and I am a huge Harry Potter movie fan.

Not interested in this at all.

I laugh at the idea that they are making 4 sequels or so

Just make Harry Potter 8 already

It's actually the best blockbuster this year you fucking pleb

It's like the Harry Potter film franchise version of The Hobbit.
More pointless schlock from Warner Bros. that has already overstayed its welcome.

I only watched and liked this for the Grindelwald tie-in, otherwise it was very meh

>liking the weakest part of the film

it was p. good

american wizard society is actually awful, even more so than the british one. i love how wizards tend to be shitty people. wizard president is an awful person and i hope she gets her comeuppance.

the production design was excellent, newt's portable nature reserve was fantastic and i especially liked the wizard criminal speakeasy and creepy government's creepy execution chamber

i was worried because the big bad monster the film actually revolves around was a smoke monster, but they do some pretty creepy stuff with it and its true nature\how it's resolved is pretty good

the creatures themselves are a lot of fun, have a lot of personality. i could have watched a whole movie about the niffler, that guy stole the show every moment he was on screen. the sequences devoted to capturing them were engaging, creative and refreshingly staged when compared to other blockbusters this year

characters' interactions are entertaining without having to resort to quips. the muggle is an especially fun character and the way he rolls with everything was great.

some of it is pretty fucked up and there's some deaths.

david yates did a good job and with rowling writing 4 more of these i am pretty optimistic that we will finally have a franchise prequel series that is actually good.

All of the Harry Potter films are pretty mediocre to be honest

No!

It was ok. They spent too much time doing world building shit and building up hype for the sequels. Should have focused on the actual story for the film.

I liked Newt. i thought he played the part of a sperg genuinely well

>and building up hype for the sequels

??? besides the ten seconds of Depp?

This movie was perfectly self-contained

Walked out after the drowning chamber scene. Would have been 10x better if they'd removed all dialogue and the (((female lead))), and just done pure spectacle instead. Just like Rogue One

>no forced fanservice
>interesting characters
>doesnt drive jokes into the ground

this was my favorite blockbuster of the year, im surprised by how much I loved it

>muh spectacle of beasts that are barely explained
>muh magical wonder amerifat version
>muh beast mating ritual crap

I disagree. Too much time delving into the characters back stories and the politics of the American Wizarding shit. Plus, they spent like 20 mins just talking about the different types of creatures instead of advancing the story and interjecting creature info in clever ways in the script. They treated the audience like it was full of morons.

Im looking forward to the sequels but i was a but disappointed in this one.

>they spent like 20 mins just talking about the different types of creatures instead of advancing the story

PLEB

>female lead

Eddie redmayne is a dude

Agreed. It was its own thing and it was great. People complain about Episode VII being full of fan service and nostalgia. WB creates an original Blockbuster spinoff and people complain that there isn't enough fan service and nostalgia. This is why I hate the internet.

Porpentina was cute

>implying the newtcase wasnt the best scene

Youre a moron

The newtcase was really cool. It just didnt serve much purpose.

Yeah the only thing i hated was that they tied it back to grindelwald in the end.

FUCK!
hahahaha you must have ice cubes for nuts my man. You must fuck library books. You have to be as hapless and passive as the two male leads to have any sexual polarity with that broomstick

The redhead mindreader was a qt. Besides that I jusrt didn't get the fuzz out of it. Fell asleep three times and the Potterfag of my sister had to wake me up because of the snoring.

It did serve a purpose. It shows that Newt may be shy around people but feels at home with animals which is why he has dedicated his life to serving them. It sets up plot points for the rest of the movie (obscurus, swooping evil, thunderbird) and also solidifies Newt and jacobs friendship since it is when jacob treats the beasts nicely that newt starts to see him as a worthy companion.

She was a cute fuckup with a nice smile, it was refreshIng to have a genuinely pretty shitty female HP character with positive qualities instead of the usual powergod witch

>Too much time delving into the characters back stories and the politics of the American Wizarding shit
really? I thought that part was underdeveloped.

I like how the hole in the side of the building is in the shape of the Statue of Liberty's head. It's a clever hint that the real monster destroying us is our embrace of multiculturalism.

Why do people on Sup Forums have such low standards?

>booty blasted

>It's a clever hint that the real monster destroying us is our embrace of multiculturalism
so accepting the gift from the French, who helped liberate America, should be eschewed because of multiculturalism?

It didnt tell us anything about Newt. All he did was walk animal to animal and talk about each one. We already knew Newt was autistic as fuck from the first scene. We dont need 20 more minutes explaining his autism. The jacob friendship should have been explored throughout the whole film instrad of only one scene.

>trans autistic bisexual ginger main character

Anyone else tired of hollywood shoving their liberal agenda down our throats?

>it didn't tell us anything about Newt
>post outlines what it tells us about Newt

must be nice having a peanut brain

as somebody who is on Sup Forums why don't you answer that yourself

Now her SISTER had a nice smile. They tried as hard as possible to make her appealing and their work paid off. You had to tame your own reaction to it to not feel totally manipulated by her feminine wiles, which were very obvious (and the way she came onto the fat guy being an example of this film's lameness). It's like all joy and life, everything good and natural, was siphoned from the auror into her sister and all that was left of her was a bony, harried, pissed-off suffragette
Good question

>All he did was walk animal to animal and talk about each one
he didn't even fully describe them. The "dodos" weren't even mentioned not to be extinct but simply avoided muggles with their teleportation ability

>didnt tell us anything about newt

It did. Initially you think he's just an awkward recluse. But his entire demeanor changes inside the case, showing the more important facets of his personality. His posture changes, he speaks confidently instead of slurred sperg speech, he cracks jokes, he smiles, he's much more authoritative and competent.

Must be nice having the brain of a child.

A telling strawman, fool

Nice retort faggot.

still drawn out

>they literally unmasked the villain of the week after killing a kid
>really unnecessary even in the story
>was no reason for Graves to be some wacky villain played by Johnny Depp
>would have been more interesting if Graves was legitimately trying to help the kid
>instead they diverted those emotional aspects into a Scooby Doo moment
I don't read these shitty books. Was this Rowling's stupid writing or the movie? That whole plot was shit but this was really bad.

>would have been more interesting if Graves was legitimately trying to help the kid

I mean he was, from a certain point of view

a certain point of view?!

graves didn't give a shit about the kid, he dropped him as soon as he found the sister. he would have dropped him even earlier if the obscurus he found in newt's case was usable without its original host.

all he wanted was a weapon to terrorize people and start a wizarding war

>that blue/orange contrast

>he dropped him as soon as he found the sister
Oh yeah that's right. So we have no reason to care about any of this then. It's just another shitty movie with an end of the world plot. I actually gave it too much credit. That's what I get for seeing it at the Drafthouse

There werent enough quips for you, just admit it

>MUH EMOTIONAL STAKES

kys my man

You're a moron.There's no reason to care about the plot at all. We know that nothing bad happens because it's a prequel, and the main plot is almost completely separate from the main characters. Nobody even seems to be in danger and there doesn't seem to be any real consequences to any of the actions.

>an end of the world plot
uhh what

the plot was never about world-ending stakes, it was about a terrorist trying to recruit a desperate, dangerous person under the nose of a self-indulgent society. the major stakes were being exposed to nonmagic people and radicalized populations calling for war on both sides. which is way more interesting than the end of the world.

Modern movies are stupid garbage

It's an end of the world plot. Something big and dumb happens if the ball isn't kicked into the post. That's what an end of the world plot is.

>myeh myeh the effects were so cool and the worldbuilding and the myeh myeh myeh

the movie had NO PLOT and all of the main characters are RETARDED

it had none of the mystery or empathetic characters that made the harry potter series good. newt is a fucking dangerous clown who bumbles around letting dangerous monsters run amok, so it's impossible to root for him or anyone supporting him.

the whole thing is a jumbled soulless CG shitfest and everybody who enjoyed it is either a manchild autist or a complete idiot

It's the sky and the sun, what the fuck colours do you want it to be? Green/purple?

>that picture with the myeh myeh myeh

that would be an improvement actually

>no plot
>plot was spelled out to me!!!

pick one, retard

How else do you create tension? The world is going to explode into flowers so the characters all fart the tune of Thomas the tank engine? Go be a retard somewhere else

this was a comfy movie