Can’t they let the poor man fucking rest before they pull this shit? Jesus

Can’t they let the poor man fucking rest before they pull this shit? Jesus

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uYn33aHNVy4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who cares about some saggy old douche lord way past his prime its not like you even knew him he would spit in your face for all this boo hoo my favorite popster heart exploded on the toilet nonsense

hi jes

This was intended as a post bitching about pitchfork being clickbait tier journalism than a Mark E Smith thread but thanks for the feedback Ryan Dombol

of course not they are liberals they have no decency

>The Village Vanguard. New York City. 1961.

>We was sittin’ there watchin’ the stage. Waitin’ for the man they called Coltrane to come out and do his thing. It was me and my four droogs. Them bein’ Peter, Georgio and Dim; Dim being really Dim.

>‘Round an hour’d passed and the place was packed straight through to the back. I’d just dropped some dollars for ‘Trane’s Giant Steps six months back. Now was the time, this was the place. The Village Vanguard. New York City. 1961.

>I was only there for the first night, see, but them cats at Impulse! just made my life complete. They put out four CDs of all that sound ‘Trane put out those nights. But you know my type, man. Can’t afford to eat, let alone spend some heavy cash on music. So I only got the essential. Live at the Village Vanguard: The Master Takes is one disc, makin’ it one-fourth the cost of the box set. And you only get the best stuff.

>Man, the opening beauty of “Spiritual…” It’s like a dream I had: I floated on the River Nile, smokin’ some fresh weed, relaxin’. But I ain’t ever gonna see the Nile anyhow. This track’s as close as I come, and it’s close enough. Best of the best, though, has gotta be “India.” It’s only when you listen to a perfect old jazz tune like this that you realize how much drum-n-bass is derived from this music. ‘Trane takes it to heaven and back with some style, man. Some richness, daddy. It’s a sad thing his life was cut short by them jaws o’ death.

>Shit, cat. It don’t make a difference. The man produced enough good music to last me a lifetime. This Village Vanguard thing’s just another example of the genius of Coltrane.

tl;dr: never take p4k seriously

Rest? He's literally dead. Stop being retarded.

For the modern mainstream the past is evil. The present, puritanical secularism demands that one change their social mores constantly. The dead, by definition, cannot, and so all those who have died are evil, and to be forgotten.

In the Information Age, erasing the past is impossible so they must make us hate it.

What are they complaining about?

He was a conservative. Something that had nothing to do with his music.

don't be stupid. i don't like pitchfork, i don't give a shit if mark was a cunt or not, but that's not it: the dude allegedly beat up his girlfriend and it's mentioned in the article

And that has anything to do with his music...?

forgot to mention that such things are not related to music indeed (although , you got that part right

this was supposed to be posted along with the other indeed it's not music related, but the thing i called you out for (and you haven't said shit about) is that it's not "he was conservative"

The man abused his bandmates for decades

grow up

the article is about Mark E Smith, not the Fall. the point is you can't take his genius in a bubble, he was brilliant but also fucked up.

fuck bandmates

fuck everyone but fuck

double fuck everyone who shits on you

this sissy "oh we're all equal let's just get along tee hee" bullshit is the precise reason music is so fucking shit today

fuck you

Interesting how they never wrote these articles when he was alive.

Liberal cucks lmao.

>Fall fans

embarrassing

>fuck everyone but fuck
that was supposed to be fuck everyone but you

fuck chinks and their stupid chinkphones

I don't even listen to them

Nice backpedal

p4k can't go out of business soon enough

I hope sexual accusations come next

I hope every liberal journalist in this country goes homeless

It's about time people star assaulting p4j writers irl.

>Jes Skolnik

But he's not some poor man. The dude was literally arrested for abusing his girlfriend. What part of this do you literal autists not get? I swear you fucking faggot ass losers get triggered whenever somebody dares talk of the bad things your musical idols did. It's bullshit. Also the same bullshit that kept the post-punk/alt/Indie rock scene alive for so long. Everyone's so fucking pretentious and PC in the scene that they did not dare question their idols who had their heads much further up their ass compared to any other genre of music. Fuck Mark E Smith. He's a shitty human being, and his music's nowhere near exciting nor catchy nor complex enough to be worth listening to.

Lay off the soy my man.

epic burn fellow meateater

There's nothing wrong about hitting your woman sometimes to remind where her place is. Men should never let her woman above him. It makes her feel superior to you and end up cucking you.

There are faggots here who will lean this by the hardest way. Mark was absolutely right. He was a fucking man before even forming a band.

Nu males I fucking swear.

>his
>learn

there's a guy in russia who like a week ago killed his former gf because she kept living with him despite treating him like shit and she even planned to go out with his best friend to make him mad, needless to say all media reported that he killed her because he was a sex-crazed white male maniac

this generation favors women period, expect castration to become a serious discussion subject in the nearest future

>Women should never let her man above him. It makes him feel superior to you and end up cucking you.

>a guy in russia who like a week ago killed his former gf because she kept living with him despite treating him like shit and she even planned to go out with his best friend to make him mad
he also raped her corpse three times

p4k should keep writing these

I love Sup Forumsfag tears. also FUCK mark e smith.

you can't rape a corpse

Dude shut the fuck up. You just sound like a pussy

You wanna know why no one cares why Orenthal James Simpson killed Nicole? Because he ran for 2,000 yards in a 14 game season. This is why he was found not guilty. And rightfully so.

This is also why no one gives a shit that Mark E. Smith beat up his bitch wife. Because he was in The Fall.

Go wash your cunt

A corpse can't give consent

This.

and who that bitch Mark hit? fucking no one. Mark is one of the best band leaders ever. Fall wasn't that huge of a band but was influential as fuck. Dude was one of the most original person in music business ever. that's what people care for. not some bitch that he had no patience for.

there is literally nothing wrong with beating your girlfriend

Just read the article. Fuck you guys are easily triggered. That was gentle compared to what it could have been like.

I get the feeling Sup Forums hears about a dead guy being criticized and assume it's le liberal SJW trying to smear someone innocent. Somebody who was a literal rapist could die and you guys would be defending him against feminazis

I wish it was worse. I hope someone comes out with rape accusations soon.

>allegedly
so nothing concrete? Where's their article about how Dr Dre beat the shit out of that lady in a bathroom? Oh wait, he's a nigger so they ignore it.

F

HAHAHAHA GUESS WHAT? NO ONE GIVES A SHIT!! But Mark E Smith? His grave is shitted all over!! get fucked!!

Definitely a couple future wife murderers in this thread lmao

WHO?

wow u just reminded me that i haven't showered in three days

eh have you seen a man beat up on a woman? i can't stand watching people lose control over their emotions, and we complain about women being too emotional. i didn't need to know mark had insecurity issues.
ill still probably listen to them but i wish I hadn't read this thread desu.

I disagree with some of the "call outs" i've seen either because it's about interpersonal problems that could easily be solved privately rather than publicly, because they haven't been properly researched or present information with heavy bias, or because the person being called out is just a regular person who has a right to a degree of privacy because opening up someone to a gigantic audience when they didn't sign up for that is a jackass move

however with the length of the career Mark E Smith enjoyed he's clearly a public figure and if you're a public figure, your life is public and fair game, and none of this information is new

>Mark E. Smith will be rightfully forgotten
>Dr Dre will be remembered forever and ever

>Just read the article.
I didn't because I have a pair of testicles between my legs

the thing about mark e smith is he shat on EVERYBODY.

>we are all equal, but some are more equal than others

>ha ha he was a piece of shit and errybody loved him
"no"

the music is great and the fact he was a cunt has no bearing on it, he was an amusing cunt

>the music is great
no
>he was a cunt
yes

>telling me to lay off the soy
>listening to goddamn post-punk
Lmao. You're just triggered like the rest of the faggots itt that Mark wasn't the best dude out there and maybe shouldn't be celebrated when he died. Fuck off, loser.
>Dude shut the fuck up. You just sound like a pussy
Nah, I decided to talk shit about Mark in an echochamber that praises him (look at this topic.) If anything you're the pussy like the others here.
>You wanna know why no one cares why Orenthal James Simpson killed Nicole? Because he ran for 2,000 yards in a 14 game season. This is why he was found not guilty. And rightfully so.
Funny, you think that you're trolling me. Either you have wasted your time all so you could get a damn (You) off of me which isn't worth jack shit, or you genuinely believe this garbage when the whole world minus some degenerate fucks wanted him in prison for something he obviously did. For a brainlet like you, lets put this simply: success doesn't imply you can get away with morally shit things.
>This is also why no one gives a shit that Mark E. Smith beat up his bitch wife.
Except he was arrested. Except it's been meme here about the terrible things he has done, but autists like you and others in the indie scene take it as something to be seriously praised.
>The Fall
Was never that big a band to begin with. Didn't influence a lot of bands. And surely was far from the most creative band of that time. Don't treat a band that's at most a 4/5 by even its most ardent fans a 5/5 band.

that is your (shit tier) opinion fagboi

>Didn't influence a lot of bands.
They're one of the most influential indie bands of all time you retarded pleb

Caught a glimpse of this post but didn't read

My advice is to stop being a soyboy

>success doesn't imply you can get away with morally shit things.
Yeah it does

No one is calling him a good person, his music was good and some of the shit he said was hilarious regardless if it was "nice" or not. Who cares if he was a dick or not when you're talking about his music?

Let me guess, you were "that guy" who posted about how Bowie fucked a 13 year old girl on facebook after he died

a corpse is not a person

so it's ok to be a racist? and beat your wife? just because he influenced pavement? kys fucking nazi

Yeah it is

I wish we could trade mark's death for yours.

Dre gets flak for that dumbass, Smith just fucking died so of course people are going to talk about how "shitty" he was, just like people will do years from now when Dre dies

No they are not. You can't name a damn band that obviously has their kind of sound the way you can for peers like Joy Division or Chameleons or Pixies.
My advice is to stop being a brainlet.
Which is how you become a literal autist as context is lost to you.
>Who cares if he was a dick or not when you're talking about his music
Why do YOU care if somebody else does talk about this? It ISN'T your opinion nor viewpoint. yet you guys are willing to trash or witch hunt anyone else that does want to do that. Again, it's not just shit he said. Look further into his past and you'll find arrests for physical abuse and shit.
>Let me guess, you were "that guy" who posted about how Bowie fucked a 13 year old girl on facebook after he died
Nope, because that was entirely consensual. None of what MES did was consensual. Fuck off for even trying to make this comparison.

You guys are either blatant trolls, literal autists, or the most disingenuous people on the planet.

Because your opinion is retarded and we clearly don't care.

yeah dude we get it you're a dork

>No they are not. You can't name a damn band that obviously has their kind of sound the way you can for peers like Joy Division or Chameleons or Pixies.
fucking pavement you inbred

youtube.com/watch?v=uYn33aHNVy4

Speaking of witch hunt, this #MeToo shit is a blatant war on straight men

You're just like the "john lennon beat his wife" guy

Sonic Youth literally released an EP called the 4 Tunna Brix (Brix as in Brix Smith, Marks ex wife) which included multiple covers by The Fall.

It's a shame I share a MUSIC board with so many people who are absolutely clueless as to how MUSIC developed.

>hurrrrr just talk about the music i only care about the music, btw that bitch deserved to get beat also fuck niggers

I think Mark E Smith was a scumbag
I also like the music he makes
So guess what?
I don't let me opinion of Mark E Smith get in the way of the enjoyment I get when listening to his music
Grow up please

yeah, you're on a music board

and people defend fucking xxtentacion, lennon, and skrewdriver on here. if brian wilson was a drunk wife beater, it wouldn't change the qualtiy of pet sounds would it

>Can’t they let the poor man fucking rest before they pull this shit? Jesus
I guarantee Mark himself would call you a pussy for holding back just because he died. He was the living embodiment of a true asshole. And that should be reflected even in death. It's his damn legacy, mang.

2018 and the virtue signaling dorks on this board don't know how to separate the art from the artist

Boo hoo Brian Jones wore Nazi garb
Boo hoo Patti Smith called Jimi Hendrix a nigger
Boo hoo Mark E Smith punched his wife

you replied to him so you must care

this

He doled out shit to everyone else, he can catch some shit too dead or not. He'd enjoy it, just that kinda guy. That being said, doesn't change the quality of the music or my respect for him as an artist.

Boo hoo some people are black

wow 2018 is the year Sup Forums finally matures? sign me up!

They're called niggers.

I see a bunch of white niggers not talking about music

What the hell are you talking about faggot

I see a bunch of clueless college aged dorks with zero knowledge of music who are also NOT concerned with making money and fucking hoes the two most important things in life

And yes I have knocked the fuck out of ex girlfriends in public places (rightfully so)

>haha fall man punch gf... AWESOME!

Dr. Dre and Xxxtentacion grew up in a poor environment with no father figure and had a sink or swim style upbringing where you HAD to be violent and aggressive to survive. MES was a privileged white man going to well funded UK schools. X and Dre lived on the streets and LEARNED from the streets. They didn't know better and it's just their upbringing, MES knew how fucked beating women is. That's why they get a pass, HISTORY. SOCIOECONOMICS. PSYCHOLOGY. Fucking read a book about Black history and see what they go through every day, understand what America does to them from birth.

Beating women is OK if you're a nigger.

Not if you're Mark E Smith though.

no one thinks it's awesome they just dont think it has any bearing on the quality of the music or the art

northern england is basically an american ghetto

Did you learn to bullshit like that in sociology class? Pretty convincing.

>Dr. Dre and Xxxtentacion grew up in a poor environment with no father figure and had a sink or swim style upbringing where you HAD to be violent and aggressive to survive. MES was a privileged white man going to well funded UK schools
unironically agree with this. even though, you're meming. you're right.

No he's literally wrong.

Then stop replying to me.
>he fell for "Pavement is a The Fall ripoff guise!" meme
Lmao, gtfo you idiot if you had anything even relatively decent of an ear you would realize that The Fall's far from the first or only band to do similar stuff, especially considering Pavement's note choices which aren't familiar to The Fall's at all (nor is the sound as percussive, which btw was done much earlier by other post-punk bands.)
Cool, but that's not part of this topic and idk why you brought it up.
Nope. I can at least respect how hard John worked to try to redeem himself, even if often misguided. MES was shit man throughout his life no matter what. Stop trying to compare me to "le David Bowie is pedo" or "le Lennon beat wife" bullshit and take enough of your medicine for autists that'll help you understand CONTEXT

>please don't bring up my idol's past..pls let me enjoy my music in peace...don't make me feel bad :(
"no"