Will we ever get to the point where we can digitally recreate or de-age actors without it looking off-putting or out of...

Will we ever get to the point where we can digitally recreate or de-age actors without it looking off-putting or out of place?

Yes. The ones in Rogue One were pretty close, give it 20 years.

If they were 'pretty close', why are people up in arms about them?

my parents went to see Rogue One today. they didn't know Cushing died 20 years ago, and had no idea Tarkin was CGI

That's exactly what the uncanny valley is.
The closer it is to looking human without being perfect, the more unsettling it is.

with enough computing power. one day i'll make a computer that can even stop people from dying

Yea, well I did. And it was detracting from the entire experience every time he was on screen.

watch the movie The Congress

I kind of like Tarkin having an uncanny valley look to him. It makes him creepier.

I'm pretty confident that studios will buy the image rights of actors faces and put them on cheap no name actors in order to save money.

we can do it today, just that it's not really cost efficient

rogue one just didnt want to spend that much on cgi, look up photo realistic animations even from 2014.

that's pretty good.

>tfw in the future we don't have actors
>only CG technicians and sound designers
>everything we see on a screen will be 3D models with voices made in a computer
>people will base their lives and their expectations on even human voice and appearance on pure fiction
>everyone will become the nutjob japanese

Why wouldn't any director asides from the fucking Wachowskis have made Cloud Atlas.

>de-age actors
This was done marvelously in Nocturnal Animals
Not a bit of it felt like CGI. 10/10 work.

My parents punched me in the face for bringing them along to Shlock One after seeing Cushing.

It kind of makes me feel that Tarkin loses his humanity in some way after spending so many years serving the empire. And the loss is something that isn't openly apparent but it's there.

not really.
to most 35+ people who don't vidya, they likely didn't even notice. those of you who are younger and vidya/are familiar with tech, you saw it a mile away.
the group I went with, I was the only one who noticed Tarkin, and Leia was only noticed because Fisher is still alive and much older, they knew something was off

My grandma watched the movie with us and she thought the cgi Leia was actually Carrie Fischer in makeup and she didn't understand what I meant when I told her that she was 100% cgi

no. fuck off kike

PRINCESS COKEWHORE WAS PASSABLE

TARKIN WAS ONLY NOTICEABLY BAD WHEN HE TALKED, NOT AS BAD JUST STARING

THEY NEED A BETTER FACIAL MUSCLE MODEL FOR DECREPIT OLD MEN

We could do it right now if anyone in hollywood had a lick of talent.

It was noticeable in Rogue One, but it really didn't look bad.
It still felt to me as if Peter Cushing was really there.

Tarkin looked good it was Leia the one off.
Wich is quite strange cause she only appeared 20 seconds.

I didn't really see anything blatantly wrong with Tarkin but Leia looked super obvious to me

poor baby are u ok, do u want baba