Why was The Inbetweeners cancelled after 3 seasons?

Why was The Inbetweeners cancelled after 3 seasons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rL_9fUZMt2Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>if a tv show stops it must have been cancelled
american detected

Australian actually. Why was it stopped? From what I've seen it was popular and quality of the show was still top notch.

Quality > Quantity

A concept burgers don't understand.

It didn't really get cancelled.
They didn't want to drag it on if I remember correctly, especially when they were very close to finishing school anyway.
If they dragged it on it would've turned shit just like the last movie.

Yeah but they left it on a cliffhanger with Simon and Carly. IMO, they should have continued it to when High School was over and they gave it a proper send off.

Didn't the movie already do this

Nah the first movie basically glossed over their last 3 school terms and was set right after they finished school.

British writer's value their work and don't let it drag on and on

Sure. That's why they made two subpar films.

>but they left it on a cliffhanger with Simon and Carly
Yeah, they did that on purpose but I personally I think it matches the rest of the series and how each episode ends.

>the first movie basically glossed over their last 3 school terms
Nah, sure each season was half a year, which meant that there was only half a year of school left. So they probably could've fit another season in there.

lack of diversity, at least skins had blacks and gays

I mean which paki would be interested in 4 white bois?

Oh I was under the impression that English schools were similar to Australian schools in that there a 4 school terms per year, and one season of the inbetweeners = 1 term.

English schools have 3 terms, September to Christmas, Christmas to Easter, then Easter to Summer

Simon Bird is Jewish

>doctor who

Sure the second season started off after the Christmas holidays (half a year), and the third season started off in the second year of school.

They couldn't handle the banter

They've made a black version called Goodfellas

Kek he explicitly states on his wiki that he's not a jew.

That's exactly why they stopped; you could see it was getting harder to come up with original funny material in the final season, because some of it was awful (Will and cannabis).

I didn't like the first film too much, but thought the second film was better, but nowhere near as good as the first 2 seasons.

ALL DA JOYZ OF BEEIN BLACK AN LIVIN INA WHYTE NAYBAHOOD

Anybody else pissed off we didn't get to see more of this goddess?

I'M GONNA FUCK YOUR FUCKING FANNY OFF, YOU TWAT

RUUUUUUDE BOOOOIIII

She was in Kerching! right?

The vomiting segment proved they were out of ideas. Funny the first time round but once everyone started throwing up it was just shit.

Season 3 had a lot of great moments as well though. That episode were Will is set up with Big Foot is fucking hilarious. Plus when Jay and Neil see Mr. Gilbert at the shopping centre and call him out. That was funny as to me because it's something my friends and I would have done in school.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Her sis was a fittie in 'enders

It was fan service, besides the first movie was actually decent

Decent sure but no way at all close to the level of quality in the series.

>Will didn't want to be dominated by the large girl with nice tits

He was a faggot

They made two movies and they weren't even close to the quality of the show, so they've stopped for good.
Most successful british comedies have very few episodes, that's probably why they are often good and not following the same routes of the popular american ones

Thoughts of Carli? I thought she was a nice girl and Simon was just a fucking creep stalker.

The first movie was awful and I couldn't even make it through the second one.

At least the second movie gave us Lucy but the whole romance plot in that one felt forced as fuck.

She was shown to be a cunt, did you even watch the series? Simon was defo creepy though.

Heh. She was kinda nice to everyone but a little bit bitchy with Simon, who was indeed an imbecile

Why was she a cunt? She was just a ditz. She always seemed nice to Simon. I mean, how would you react if you invited your creepy family friend over to soothe his embarrassment having been caught confessing his love for you by a spray can tribute only then to have said creepy family friend ask you to finger yourself and vomit on your little brother?

Just watch Fresh Meat, I see it as the continuation of Inbetweeners

They stopped because all the actors are in their 30s. The two movies made a collective $150 million, which considering the vast vast majority of that came from the UK market is good. They could've easily made a third.

the writers ran out of ideas, and the characters had finished sixth form. there wasn't anything more to make.

I feel simon was probably the most normal of the guys there, half the stuff he did was because he was drunk and got told to do it by jay. I may also say this because his scenes hit painfully close to home about some of the things I've said to girls while drunk, I can see exactly how it would happen.

Is Peep Show any good? Netflix keeps telling me to watch it. I really enjoy British sitcomes and their style of humour.

Peep Show is amazing. You'll have to get used to its POV style and inner monologues though.

Any more seasons of the show would've just been tired. The Inbetweeners Movie 2 was a fine enough finale to the franchise.

if you're into that kind of thing you'll definitely enjoy it, but the endless close ups of ugly people faces does get a bit annoying.

You're on Sup Forums so it's safe to assume you're on the spectrum somewhere. You will love Peep Show.

I felt like 2 was just a poor cash in that wasn't needed, the first film tied everything up nicely and had a feel good ending, the second was just dragging it out.

First movie got them all gf's and a happy ending, the second one was a killer of that

OOOH FRIEND

FOOTBALL FRIEND

BUS WANKERS

Reminder Jay is now trying to become a lets player and live off those youtubebux.

youtube.com/watch?v=rL_9fUZMt2Y

YouTube Wanker

That's fucking sad.

Peep Show is god tier

CAR FRIEND

Brits always do this but way too fucking much. Try and please have 12 episodes a season rather than just 6.

Why? If he succeeds he'll probably end up making more money then he was acting. YouTube is big $$$

>also now available for adverts! literally anything please

What are the others doing?

>everyone talking about Sherlock
>watch it
>breddy good
>liking this
>wait that is it?
>3 episodes for an entire season!?

It's working slightly, I mean he's got the advertising deal with Game (UK's equivalent of Gamestop) so at least he's making something, right guys? [spoilers];-;[/spoilers]

He looks like he doesn't want to even be in the Game adverts.

Will is in Friday Night Dinner which is pretty decent, I think it is pretty underrated considering I don't hear much discussion on it. Last series had a great funeral episode.

>3 90 minute episodes per season
>not just splitting it into 9 30 minute episodes or 6 hour long episodes
literally why

British comedies having awful film adaptations is as old a tradition as having few episodes

user, please stop.

Fucker did a dude from American Pie on me

Simon was in Fresh Meat. Neil had his own E4 series

Budget can't really justify it and the rare times we actually do it they always end up trashy like Doctor Who or the thousands of soap operas we have.

The first movie was the perfect end. Will finally learned to just be happy, let go and live in the moment and just plain stop worrying over everything, Simon moves on from his first crush, and Jay grows a bit as a person and starts to move away from his silly idolised idea of what a "youth" should be like.

I never saw the 2nd film and I never will, it literally has no reason to exist, other than the cast wanting one more Inbetweeners paycheck.

Holy shit there's a second film?

Try not to think about it.

The simple answer is it didn't need another season. It was the perfect length. The movies were questionable but the first one wrapped up the story decently, they shouldnt have bothered with a second

> Identified with the lads when I first watched the show
> Now working as a Secondary teacher, and identify with Mr Gilbert

>actually identifies more with Pedo Kennedy

Nah, that'll be the PE department.

>have all the lads grow up and find women at the end of the first film
>lol no these women are crazy and the guys are just as juvenile as before

And that's why unnecessary comedy sequels suck

>You now remember how he was shoehorned into the second film

But that would mess up the pacing

Do you think Greg Davies just played himself?

I don't think he's a particularly good actor. He was literally in the show specifically to play himself

Agreed.

It was on tv on Christmas day.
Don't watch it, please. It's just depressing.

Probably, he was a teacher before acting

Playing yourself is much harder than playing someone else.

He was in it because he's tall and makes them all look younger in comparison

it really, really isn't

He was a teacher before he became an actor, and it shows.

Probably the most accurate presentation of a teacher I've seen in media.

Have you seen him on panel shows?

>Completed It Mate
He did it!

>Playing yourself is much harder than playing someone else.

He's a stand up comedian, playing himsel is his job

this isn't even tragic, I don't know why everyone's mourning for him or calling JUST

he's already fucking rich, he has a piff wife and kid(s), he never has to do a proper days work and now he's just living out the dream of being a manchild and playing video games and getting paid for it

why would you feel bad for him

Neil/Blake is probably the worst off out of the 4 of them cos I've literally not heard of him since the series ended

>Probably the most accurate presentation of a teacher I've seen in media.
Seriously. That 'How healers are in MMO animes vs real life' comic might as well be about teachers in media. They're some of the most jaded people I've met. It's no surprise really, if all the money the government put into advertising campaigns to convince people to go into teaching, went towards actually paying teachers, more people would probably want to become teachers.

>James Buckley net worth: James Buckley is an English actor and musician who has a net worth of $2 million dollars.

JUST
U
S
T

Rich? How much did he get paid? Brit media pays like shit.

2 episodes which captured sixth form life perfectly was the second episode where they bunk off school and the third season one with Wills free house

Pure kino

US version was better

The puking scene put me off her desu

>I've literally not heard of him since the series ended
He had an E4 series and was in the Dad's Army movie.

Couldn't believe it when she turned up in Emmerdale a few weeks ago. Fit.

It's been shown time and again that the government just fucking hate us.

I mean, I teach English, and starting last year we aren't allowed to teach any Non-British literature at GCSE, because that's what Gove decided a couple of years ago. All this whilst keeping our pay at a frankly shitty level, and increasing bureaucracy to try and 'convince' us to become academies.